Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Rubbing is not a cool sound

So I installed Strano springs all around on my Hawk and love them. On sams recommendation I removed the aluminum bump stop spacer. I am running the stock firehawk 5 spoke rims. I am running stock size rubber.

I was driving home alone from new jersey when I heard a sound come from the rear that I thought was a rear spring falling out of the car. It was not a nice sound to hear and scared the crap outta me. I have heard it a few times since and realized last night that it is the tires rubbing on the fender lip. If it were one side I'd get an adjustable panhard or watts link center it and be done but that isn't in the cards at the moment since both sides are rubbing.

I am assuming that I will be forced to roll the fender lip to correct this, I hope I am wrong so that is why I am asking. I'd hate to have to do it and as it is i'll need to clean up the rubber off the wheel arch and touch up any missing paint.

Are there any alternatives here for me? What are the odds i'd damage the car getting the fenders rolled? How much does it cost to get it done?

Thanks all.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

what is the tire size? also, did you remove the rubber isolator in the rear when you put the springs in?
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

The tires are the stock size. 275/40/17. I did not remove the isolator. I did remove the aluminum bump stop spacer. My car does not have the square rubber style bump stops but rather the longer tapered design that apparently came on the Z28. My bump stops are a bit beat up... well the passenger side more than the drivers side. I'd prefer to replace them with the factory style bump stops but my local chevy dealer was less than helpful.

I'll soon be installing air assist bags in the rear springs. Which undoubtedly will help. I'll prob raise the car close to a half inch. I don't want to put the back at stock height because it looks so mean as it is.

Thread Information