Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rubbin?

black
    1987 chevy camaro

rubbin?

hey never needed to post up at this site but have been reading alot...anyways

i have a 1987 iroc..one day will have ls1......

but im looking at the roh z'r they are 17x9.5
    im lookin to run 275 on all four
    and ive been told that the 275 40 ZR17 would work the best.is this true? and if not wich would be the best ?
    17" Diameter
    9.5" Width
    Negative 7mm Offset

thanks

shlomo
    Last edited by toxik iroc; 12-22-2007 at 10:14 PM.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

275/40/17's is what will work the best for that wheel size. I recommend not going smaller because the tire bead will not seal correctly on the rim. others sizes (bigger) would be:

285/40/17
    295/40/17
    315/35/17 (nitto drag radial rear) *check for tire rub clearance for the rear. i don't suggest running 315's in the front though it can be done.

black
    1987 chevy camaro

thanks just wanted some advice before i go out and buy there tires and rims anything i should look out for?

onyx black
    1999 formula firebird

back spacing for sure ..cehck and double check..put new wheel studs in might as well spend a cpl bucks and get some ARP studs..easy to swap out..and you might have to do the * inner fender mod* a.k.a. Hammer mod..and DONT put 315's on the front..looks retarded..IMO

black
    1987 chevy camaro

im not gona go with 315's the widest i would go is 275 and want to would it be smarter to uses 17x9.5 rear and 17x8.5 front? i would have to " do the iner fender mod" for 275's??

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

wow this brings back memories... I had this exact car for my first car at 17, same color, black and gold, hopefully yours has the black interior .. the tan was a son of a bitch to keep clean. I would definitely hold onto to your Iroc rims. A good set is few and far between.

As for the rims pictured you wanna put on it there kind of ...eehhh.. If anything get all chrome but I think that greyish center .. Have you looked at alot of rims?
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

black
    1987 chevy camaro

yh i got the black interior ive been lookin for alot of rims i originaly wanted the roh snypers but they didnt have that in 17x9.5 then i wanted the z06 motorsports n the 17x9.5 but then i realized i would neeed spacers and not to fond of usin em.then i saw the slp zr1's in black i love em but they dont make it with the correct back spacin or sumthin in the size i want. i like roh alot and wanted the drifter r alot but ive only seen em for acrap load and they are only in 18's,and 19's .

i will be keeping the stock rims in the shed.

with rim color i am looking for pure black with no polished lip i think its coo but it has soo much of a bad ass look when its pure black so basicaly im up for some advice thanks
    mo

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I must be becoming an old timer, but I think black wheels on a black car looks terriable. Might as well put black steel wheels on it IMO. They look about the same when all black. You can't see much detail at all unless you are right up to the car. I'm not ripping on your idea or anything, just tossing my opinion out there. If you don't like my opinion just ignor it. Nice Iroc by the way!

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I must be becoming an old timer, but I think black wheels on a black car looks terriable. Might as well put black steel wheels on it IMO. They look about the same when all black. You can't see much detail at all unless you are right up to the car. I'm not ripping on your idea or anything, just tossing my opinion out there. If you don't like my opinion just ignor it. Nice Iroc by the way!
    I agree. I must be gettin old too.

I'd put chrome rims on and use spacers.

black
    1987 chevy camaro

thanks i think you can see detail and i dont want a steel rim cuz there not a light not, your not gettin old, pretty much everyone i know doesnt like the black on black black car black black rims but if it wasnt for the price and the rims being 18's i would deff go with the roh drifter R wheels
    Last edited by toxik iroc; 03-29-2007 at 06:32 AM.

black
    1987 chevy camaro

whats the downside of spacers?

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Needing stronger studs and I heard something about putting strain on the bearings or something too. You should have them painted metalic gold. That would be killer on that car!

black
    1987 chevy camaro

which are you talkin about i dont like the gold too much.... but thats just me i like the red and black alot not on the car yet but i like that color sceem and dont have enogh for a good paint job and i hear takin the stripes of can mess the paint even further

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

If your careful you should be able to remove the stripes without any problems. They are the narrow ones and down low so I wouldn't worry about it. I'm not sure how faded your paint is so that would be the only thing I would worry about if behind the stipes are much darker or not. It would take some time to get all the glue off though.

black
    1987 chevy camaro

the gold hasgrown on me but what rims were you talkin about to put gold on it??

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ToKiC IROC View Post
    which are you talkin about i dont like the gold too much.... but thats just me i like the red and black alot not on the car yet but i like that color sceem and dont have enogh for a good paint job and i hear takin the stripes of can mess the paint even further
    If you take the stripes off its going to totally take away from the look of the car. I had my painted then had the Iroc labels put on first ... looks fake like a regular camaro Z28 put Iroc labels on it.. another thing is with black paint .. the paint thats under the labels hasnt been faded by sunlight like the rest of the car .. so youll see a difference in where the labels were definitely in a black car.... All black rims on a black tire looks like something youd see on military equipment.

If any rim that would go with the theme... try the 35th anniversary SS rims.. you can usually find some on the net complete set $650 brand new .. they have the machined face (the grooves ) like on the IRoc rim you have now. And they have the black background

This was a guys recent posts of his rims all black.. i think this will show you what some of us are saying about all black isnt good

hope this helps

black
    1987 chevy camaro

thanks for all the help. well now my minds open to some other stuff but the 1st rim pic is a gunmetal gray how do you guys think it would look i think it would look kinda coo, and with the stripes..would it look good with black stripes badges? on a black car or would it be kinda weird? think it might be coo?

the 2 pix you just put up... i think they both look good in 2 different ways
    1st one looks like it has more class to it and would be a more expensive rim { yes i know its the same}
    2nd it give me an impression that your kinda hinding somthin under your hood, or just more of a race wheel
    Last edited by toxik iroc; 08-11-2006 at 12:20 PM. Reason: forgot to add last part

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ToKiC IROC View Post
    thanks for all the help. well now my minds open to some other stuff but the 1st rim pic is a gunmetal gray how do you guys think it would look i think it would look kinda coo, and with the stripes..would it look good with black stripes badges? on a black car or would it be kinda weird? think it might be coo?

the 2 pix you just put up... i think they both look good in 2 different ways
    1st one looks like it has more class to it and would be a more expensive rim { yes i know its the same}
    2nd it give me an impression that your kinda hinding somthin under your hood, or just more of a race wheel
    If anything about taking the stripes off and labels.. If youre going to get gunmetal rims.. change your labels over to the silver accent stripes .. that fade from light to dark and have the Iroc in silver as well .. that would match .. but the gold and then gunmetal I think will clash big time

black
    1987 chevy camaro

so your right.wich do u think i should go with thats 7x9.5

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Heres the black and silver theme..... I actually went and looked at a shitload of Iroc pics .. the factory rims make those cars man ... I personally wouldnt change them... take them somewhere and get them refinished or something.. bring back the shine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information