Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Rims on Black Camaro SS

This is a discussion on Rims on Black Camaro SS within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS have you wheels picked any out? I found some ccws on c list near me he ...

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    have you wheels picked any out?
    I found some ccws on c list near me he wants 2000 with tires but I'm trying to get then for 1200 thy are nice if those don't work out its down to a few sets i like but i got side tracked when i raced it last week clutch problems like usual so i bought a new master cylinder. I figured why not try it since I've heard so many good things about the hydrolics in the 99's. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I would honestly take my polished TTII's over those.

Click for full size

Are they 'played out?' Of course.
    They look right at home on my car.
    Not my first choice, but needing the 17x11 they were the best price option. Plenty happy with how my car looks.
    I agree with ya Luos. Torque Thrust or Torque Thrust II's look good on anything. Reminds me of Cragars,,,you can throw them on anything, you just can't go wrong with the look. They even look good on a Studabaker

Impounded
    Everyone says corvette wheels are a dime a dozen...but i see TTIIs more than vette wheels on fbodies

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    Everyone says corvette wheels are a dime a dozen...but i see TTIIs more than vette wheels on fbodies
    Most of them around here are ZR1's, C5, C6, Z06, etc....

Couple TTII cars though.
    I am sure it is all location. I know most of the Vetter wheels are cheaper than the TTII's for a set.

Not defending TTII's though. For a wheel that get used....they are up there.
    It all depends on what you are looking for. Originally I was just going to widen the stock wheels...but after pricing that out, I went with a new wheel that was already 11" wide.
    Car looks better and performs fairly well on the street. I don't want to run an 18" wheel or larger because it is already hard enough to hook my car up. No sense in making it worse.

I don't see enough 4th gens running around here to matter Just run what you want and who cares what everyone else is doing.

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I don't see enough 4th gens running around here to matter Just run what you want and who cares what everyone else is doing.
    Im going to go with that. I think in 4 months i've seen 5 camaros and 1 SS kinda sad to be honest, about 10000 mustangs!

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69Mac View Post
    Im going to go with that. I think in 4 months i've seen 5 camaros and 1 SS kinda sad to be honest, about 10000 mustangs!
    Ya it's about the same here. I only know of one other 4th gen SS running around here, and it has stock wheels on it. I see more when I hit a large cruise down in Phoenix, but even then it's 5 or 6 4th gens out of 500 cars. More 5th gens and mustangs though.
    Both of my 4th gen SS's still have the stock wheels too. I am happy with the factory chrome ZR1's on my wifes car, 5 spokes and easy to clean
    But I'm not a fan of the painted 10 spokes on my other SS. Pain in the rump to clean, too many spokes, and paint isn't the easiest to clean either. Eventually I'll end up doing something with wheels on that car, and more than likely I'll go with C5 Z06 wheels. Still alot of spokes to clean but chrome wipes off much easier, but if I'm feeling real lazy at the time of purchase, I might just throw chrome ZR1's on that car too and call it done

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

you can find all the wheels you said everywhere...

i wish the following would happen:

all black rims w/ or w/o a polished lip would all burst into flames and catch fire due to over use on cars that do not compliment the body lines of said vehicles. also, for the fact that eveyone believes that black rims with a polished lip actually looks 'cool'. as well as for for saying they want to stand out from everybody else but actually end up looking like everyone else. and finally, for supposedly never seeing said vehicles with said wheels ever on the road. must be one of those internet only sensations...

if you want that look just don't ever bother to clean your wheels...

Impounded
    Eh i dont like the polished lip. If i went with black rims i would get an all black rim. I prefer the gunmetal/hyper silver but im not a fan of the rivets

black
    1999 camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post

all black rims w/ or w/o a polished lip would all burst into flames and catch fire due to over use on cars that do not compliment the body lines of said vehicles. also, for the fact that eveyone believes that black rims with a polished lip actually looks 'cool'. as well as for for saying they want to stand out from everybody else but actually end up looking like everyone else. and finally, for supposedly never seeing said vehicles with said wheels ever on the road. must be one of those internet only sensations...
    when I bought my 95 TA the previous owner had it painted red so I covered the rear lights and the part between the lights in VHT night shade and clear coat until it was completely black all the way across. I got 17x10 black zr1's with polished lip and got NOTHING BUT COMPLIMENTS every where I drove it.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

hmmmm i see wat your saying to an extint but i didnt by the chrome lip to (be like everyone else) I got it becuase everytime i see solid black i think of nothing but a spare. People will have there opinions on black wheels like you not liking them. (not a big deal lol) but i get nothing but compliments. Another thing, not trying to start an argument or get under your skin.

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

You know, out of spite I should buy all the black rims I can and make them disappear...

Believe me, nothing anyone has said has gotten under my skin. I'm simply sharing my opinion. And I realize I'm more vocal about my displeasure in this style of wheel than most...

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

I love my ALL black C6 Spyders....and like SSWT, can't stand a polished lip on a black rim. (the only thing we agree on, lol)

Don't pay attention to the fact that I didn't put any tire black on them.

Join the PHK
    2009 LS1.com Calendar Car

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Car looks real good! I do like some without polished lip. like yours, looks sexxy lol

Ick....

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by Sommer86@6LE View Post
    ....and like SSWT, can't stand a polished lip on a black rim. (the only thing we agree on, lol)
    aawww, the start of something magical!!!

i know without doubt we agree on a lot more than just this...

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by Sommer86@6LE View Post
    I love my ALL black C6 Spyders....and like SSWT, can't stand a polished lip on a black rim. (the only thing we agree on, lol)

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Don't pay attention to the fact that I didn't put any tire black on them.
    Despite of what other poeple think...i love this car. amazing great choice

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Thanks, Bash!

black
    1999 camaro SS

your car is one of the main reasons why i will be buying spyders!

yellow
    2005 corvette

I bow to you. The above quote speaks the truth.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information