Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567824 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 622

Post up your F-Bodies with Corvette wheels!!

This is a discussion on Post up your F-Bodies with Corvette wheels!! within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by blackSS01 I have searched and searched to find what Wesman has on a black SS but to ...

  1. #61
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    moundville, AL
    Posts
    6

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I have searched and searched to find what Wesman has on a black SS but to no avail.
    here is some one a NBM camaro http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/wheels...l#post11778018

  2. #62
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I have searched and searched to find what Wesman has on a black SS but to no avail.

  3. #63
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Your machine faced C6 Z06 wheels on a black camaro SS. Can't find a picture of that on the whole internet. Got about 3 hours of searching

  4. #64
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Your machine faced C6 Z06 wheels on a black camaro SS. Can't find a picture of that on the whole internet. Got about 3 hours of searching
    Oh ok...can't say I've seen one either...

  5. #65
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Oh ok...can't say I've seen one either...
    I sent you a PM. What size are your rims and tires? I want to upgrade my brakes and same rims as you. I read up on your brake thread also...good write up. What was the offset of your wheels?

  6. #66
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I sent you a PM. What size are your rims and tires? I want to upgrade my brakes and same rims as you. I read up on your brake thread also...good write up. What was the offset of your wheels?
    I tried to reply but it wouldn't go thru...is your PM box full??

    I send you an email instead, check your email you should have one from me

    Rims are 18x9.5" with a 56mm offset on all 4 wheels and I have 15mm front wheel spacers to clear the CTS-V calipers.

  7. #67
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I tried to reply but it wouldn't go thru...is your PM box full??

    I send you an email instead, check your email you should have one from me

    Rims are 18x9.5" with a 56mm offset on all 4 wheels and I have 15mm front wheel spacers to clear the CTS-V calipers.
    I'll do some cleaning out and check my email, thanks. I want at least 10" in the back for some 315's but the fronts will be perfect. Any issues with your set up? How much better is braking?

  8. #68
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I'll do some cleaning out and check my email, thanks. I want at least 10" in the back for some 315's but the fronts will be perfect. Any issues with your set up? How much better is braking?
    No issues whatsoever, everything went together well once I got the proper caliper clearance with the front wheel spacers.

    Braking is excellent, huge improvement over the stock brakes. You won't notice it around town, but the first time you get on them from higher speeds you won't believe the stopping power of this setup.

  9. #69
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    No issues whatsoever, everything went together well once I got the proper caliper clearance with the front wheel spacers.

    Braking is excellent, huge improvement over the stock brakes. You won't notice it around town, but the first time you get on them from higher speeds you won't believe the stopping power of this setup.
    I could check back to your other thread but where did you get all of the brake parts and spacer from.?

  10. #70
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I could check back to your other thread but where did you get all of the brake parts and spacer from.?
    Got the calipers off of ebay as a pair (loaded with pads and hardware), got the rotors from GM Parts Direct, and got the lines from Flynbye performance. Wheels spacers I got from Advance Auto, had to special order them from Eibach. However, you won't need the wheel spacers if you get 40mm offset wheels.

  11. #71
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Got the calipers off of ebay as a pair (loaded with pads and hardware), got the rotors from GM Parts Direct, and got the lines from Flynbye performance. Wheels spacers I got from Advance Auto, had to special order them from Eibach. However, you won't need the wheel spacers if you get 40mm offset wheels.
    Thanks alot. I'm going to refer back when I start my ordering

  12. #72
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Got the calipers off of ebay as a pair (loaded with pads and hardware), got the rotors from GM Parts Direct, and got the lines from Flynbye performance. Wheels spacers I got from Advance Auto, had to special order them from Eibach. However, you won't need the wheel spacers if you get 40mm offset wheels.
    Oh, two more things. In your write up you say that you can go with either 4 piston Caddy or 6 piston Z06, why would the caddy be better for the track with 2 less pistons? And will the Z06 fit with that spacer that you know of? Are you lowered or stock height with all of this. Thanks again, I appreciate it.
    Last edited by blackSS01; 09-29-2009 at 12:45 AM.

  13. #73
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Oh, two more things. In your write up you say that you can go with either 4 piston Caddy or 6 piston Z06, why would the caddy be better for the track with 2 less pistons? And will the Z06 fit with that spacer that you know of? Are you lowered or stock height with all of this. Thanks again, I appreciate it.
    From what I've read, its not the number of pistons thats the issue. The 4 piston CTS-V calipers are Brembos, while the 6 piston Z06 calipers are made by PBR, which is the same company that makes the stock F-body and standard (non-Z06) calipers. While PBR makes great products, the Z06 calipers just aren't as good for the track due to their design. One issue is the pads design - instead of using 2 pads, the Z06 calipers have 6 pads (3 on each side), which isn't as good for track use (uneven wear apparently?) and there are much less aftermarket pads options. The pads are also very expensive, at around $300 a set.

    Both are excellent calipers, its more a matter of personal perference and budget than anything else. Also note that the CTS-V caliper is a direct bolt on, while the Z06 caliper needs an adaptor bracket to work.

    The Z06 calipers should fit the same as the CTS-V calipers in terms of wheel spacers, I don't think the calipers are any wider, but you would have to check the measurements to be sure.

    As far as ride height, my car is stock.

  14. #74
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ceres,CA
    Posts
    10

    Black
    2000 Pontiac WS6 Trans Am






  15. #75
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    From what I've read, its not the number of pistons thats the issue. The 4 piston CTS-V calipers are Brembos, while the 6 piston Z06 calipers are made by PBR, which is the same company that makes the stock F-body and standard (non-Z06) calipers. While PBR makes great products, the Z06 calipers just aren't as good for the track due to their design. One issue is the pads design - instead of using 2 pads, the Z06 calipers have 6 pads (3 on each side), which isn't as good for track use (uneven wear apparently?) and there are much less aftermarket pads options. The pads are also very expensive, at around $300 a set.

    Both are excellent calipers, its more a matter of personal perference and budget than anything else. Also note that the CTS-V caliper is a direct bolt on, while the Z06 caliper needs an adaptor bracket to work.

    The Z06 calipers should fit the same as the CTS-V calipers in terms of wheel spacers, I don't think the calipers are any wider, but you would have to check the measurements to be sure.

    As far as ride height, my car is stock.
    Excellent info thanks How much of a drop do you think I could get away with if I go same exact set-up. I would like 1" if possible or maybe 1.25"

  16. #76
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Excellent info thanks How much of a drop do you think I could get away with if I go same exact set-up. I would like 1" if possible or maybe 1.25"
    Either one should be fine

  17. #77
    Senior Member Ramairgod84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    peoria, az
    Posts
    1,017

    Black
    2001 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 00BlackBird View Post
    Click for full size

    Click for full size

    Click for full size
    I really like how aggressive that hood looks

  18. #78
    Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,677
    2000 C5 Torch Red

    I agree. Always seems to me that the non t/a bumper comes out farther and looks aggressive as hell with a ra hood.

    00 blackbird, Is that a formula firebird?

  19. #79
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 00BlackBird View Post
    Click for full size

    Click for full size

    Click for full size
    That car is pretty damn sweet

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,083

    SOM
    2002 SS

    Here's my Z

    Last edited by 5abivt; 10-11-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567824 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For Trade: Corvette wheels
    By kenro23 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 08:21 PM
  2. Family of F-bodies for those with 2+ post ur rides
    By bowtieguy02SS in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 11:35 PM
  3. Corvette wheels same as F-Body wheels?
    By StuntmanMike in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 03:43 AM
  4. Post Pics of the Ugliest F-bodies youve seen....
    By Tyler_LS1 in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-27-2006, 12:21 AM
  5. BMW wheels that fit F-bodies
    By SSwt00SS in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2006, 03:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •