Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 622

Post up your F-Bodies with Corvette wheels!!

This is a discussion on Post up your F-Bodies with Corvette wheels!! within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; I like it but mine still chatters some, but with the tires on my car it has yet to get ...

  1. #521
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    I like it but mine still chatters some, but with the tires on my car it has yet to get a good workout. Hopefully it hours completely away after the new tires. Its hardly noticeable but its still annoying, mostly does it in reverse

  2. #522
    Member Camaro69Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Agawam Mass
    Posts
    334

    Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    I like it but mine still chatters some, but with the tires on my car it has yet to get a good workout. Hopefully it hours completely away after the new tires. Its hardly noticeable but its still annoying, mostly does it in reverse
    weird thats exactly what mine does still chatters only in reverse...it seems a little better since i beat on it at the track.

  3. #523
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69Mac View Post
    weird thats exactly what mine does still chatters only in reverse...it seems a little better since i beat on it at the track.
    I'm hoping that a good set of tires and some abuse breaks it in, the bald 275s are like a walk in the park for the clutch. One of those only incidents where abuse is supposed to help

  4. #524
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69Mac View Post
    I got out today and Finally took some decent pictures of the car let me know what you think. Not too bad considering i took these with my phone.

    Click for full size
    car looks great. just need to fill in the holes in the front bumper and she will look perfect

  5. #525
    Member Camaro69Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Agawam Mass
    Posts
    334

    Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    car looks great. just need to fill in the holes in the front bumper and she will look perfect
    Thanks i appreciate it. I was trying to decide if i should get a diff grill or fill them in. I seen one black billet grill with the SS in the middle but other than that Im stuck on what to do

  6. #526
    Member Camaro69Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Agawam Mass
    Posts
    334

    Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    I'm hoping that a good set of tires and some abuse breaks it in, the bald 275s are like a walk in the park for the clutch. One of those only incidents where abuse is supposed to help
    hahaha when i had the 275 40 17's i went through a few sets and by far the Falken Azenis 615's were the best once warmed up and i dropped the pressure under 20 they hooked like crazy like i said for a street tire they were great. only lasted about 4,000 miles though lol oops.......

  7. #527
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    I'm not a huge fan of the billet grille but it can look nice when done right. this may help.




  8. #528
    Member Camaro69Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Agawam Mass
    Posts
    334

    Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the billet grille but it can look nice when done right. this may help.

    Click for full size

    Click for full size
    ya the grill is actually black and the ss is white actually looked pretty good. I want the SLP grille but god damn 250 bucks for that? i think thats insane

  9. #529
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69Mac View Post
    ya the grill is actually black and the ss is white actually looked pretty good. I want the SLP grille but god damn 250 bucks for that? i think thats insane
    yea I knew u were referring to the black billet. I was just showing you a few other options. Yea $250 is a lot for them but it does really change the look of the car.

  10. #530
    Member Camaro69Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Agawam Mass
    Posts
    334

    Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    yea I knew u were referring to the black billet. I was just showing you a few other options. Yea $250 is a lot for them but it does really change the look of the car.
    ya your right ive been hoping for a used one to pop up but it never happens. what do you think looks best the SLP? i could just buckle down and do it

  11. #531
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69Mac View Post
    ya your right ive been hoping for a used one to pop up but it never happens. what do you think looks best the SLP? i could just buckle down and do it
    i personally like the SLP. It's "factory" in a sense and I like to maintain that for the most part. i also think that it looks the best that way. It really comes down to taste though. Both the billet and smooth look are very nice when done right.

    If you are going to buy the SLP grille I would buy the one with the silver SS emblem and replace the emblems on your car with silver SS's I think that looks a whole lot better and goes nicely with your chrome wheels.

  12. #532
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    I personally have a thing for shaved smooth bumper covers without the grill

  13. #533
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    I personally have a thing for shaved smooth bumper covers without the grill
    i just don't like to two large holes

  14. #534
    Member Camaro69Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Agawam Mass
    Posts
    334

    Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    i personally like the SLP. It's "factory" in a sense and I like to maintain that for the most part. i also think that it looks the best that way. It really comes down to taste though. Both the billet and smooth look are very nice when done right.

    If you are going to buy the SLP grille I would buy the one with the silver SS emblem and replace the emblems on your car with silver SS's I think that looks a whole lot better and goes nicely with your chrome wheels.
    I like the red with the red calipers but i was thinking of changing all the emblems to something different like an orange or silver.......paint calipers to match. I do like the factory look thats what i try to go for thats why i got a normal rim instead of some wild rim. I actually was surprised how much they charge for those stupid SS emblems haha they shouldnt be 50 bucks a for 1 SS badge. But ya i probably will change the look next year maybe to silver. I have only had the car since last march and i've dropped about 6 grand at least into it lol I am saving for the ford 9" first then i'll start back to looks haha

  15. #535
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    i just don't like to two large holes
    I kinda like it, always wants to route a cold air intake setup between the holes but not sure I wanna cut my frame up front to allow it

  16. #536
    Member Camaro69Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Agawam Mass
    Posts
    334

    Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

    this was pretty cool i saw today. these guys at monster are great with customer service

    http://www.monsterclutches.com/featured.html#

  17. #537
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69Mac View Post
    this was pretty cool i saw today. these guys at monster are great with customer service

    http://www.monsterclutches.com/featured.html#
    Nice!

  18. #538
    Senior Member wileyCoyote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Centerville OH
    Posts
    1,591

    blue
    1999 TransAm

    i wanna play! just got these...




  19. #539
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    i wanna play! just got these...

    Click for full size

    Click for full size
    look nice. need to see some shots of the whole car.

  20. #540
    Member fastt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    324

    white
    2002 z28 camaro

    Smile





Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For Trade: Corvette wheels
    By kenro23 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 08:21 PM
  2. Family of F-bodies for those with 2+ post ur rides
    By bowtieguy02SS in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 11:35 PM
  3. Corvette wheels same as F-Body wheels?
    By StuntmanMike in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 03:43 AM
  4. Post Pics of the Ugliest F-bodies youve seen....
    By Tyler_LS1 in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-27-2006, 12:21 AM
  5. BMW wheels that fit F-bodies
    By SSwt00SS in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2006, 03:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •