Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Pics of my trans am with 20's that it came with.. I like em.

This is a discussion on Pics of my trans am with 20's that it came with.. I like em. within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by MikeSomething Put those back on P. Diddy's Escalade and grab some Prostars or Z06's... Just kiddin, I'm ...

Silver
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Put those back on P. Diddy's Escalade and grab some Prostars or Z06's...
    Just kiddin, I'm not a fan of 20" rims, but that style might look better if it was smaller? I dunno, it's a personal preference.
    P diddys rims might look better. Its not the fact that they are 20s that look bad, I have seen some that I like. the style rim just looks cheap and fake, just not a good looking rim at all. Take the 1500, you can get a nice set of Z06 or even TT2s.

black
    2002 TA WS7

i think 20's r way to big for ANY car not just an f-body these r CARS not SUV'S stick with 17's even 18's

just 2 BIG ! my 2 cents worth.They over power the car and its all you see.

BlacK
    2001 WS6

I look at that and feel embarrassed and it's not even mine...thankfully.

This makes it official, 20's do NOT belong on these cars.

Get them off ASAP and sell, then buy...hell...anything else you like that will fit, but nuthin over 18"

But just for shits and giggles, if you doin a 1.5" drop, I wanna good laugh...post pics.

Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK View Post
    I look at that and feel embarrassed and it's not even mine...thankfully.

This makes it official, 20's do NOT belong on these cars.

Get them off ASAP and sell, then buy...hell...anything else you like that will fit, but nuthin over 18"

But just for shits and giggles, if you doin a 1.5" drop, I wanna good laugh...post pics.
    nice post

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jmhvenom View Post
    P diddys rims might look better. Its not the fact that they are 20s that look bad, I have seen some that I like. the style rim just looks cheap and fake, just not a good looking rim at all. Take the 1500, you can get a nice set of Z06 or even TT2s.
    cheap and fake as opposed to what? Different wheels have different styles. I've never heard the fake thing before.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit1 View Post
    i think 20's r way to big for ANY car not just an f-body these r CARS not SUV'S stick with 17's even 18's
    I def think 20s 22s and maybe 24s look bad ass hell on the new 300c's. I think they look good no bubble & box chevies and crown vics I think they'd even look good on the new charger. Look at the new camaro concept, they got 20s on front and 21s on back. I'm not completely sure they will make it into production like that but its on the concept now and people are loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by Brianss1 View Post
    just 2 BIG ! my 2 cents worth.They over power the car and its all you see.
    I don't see how black and chrome wheels will over power the car on a black car. They just kinda blend in to me and they give it that stealth look.

stealth look? to me it says look it me im ugly!

Red
    99 Pontiac WS.6 Trans Am

I think it looks kinda sweet .... Im not a fan of 20 either but something about that car make me look twice, I guess it just comes down to how u think it looks ... pictures dont really give our cars any credit when it comes down to rims, paint, interior ... ect ....
    99 WS6 Trans AM
    Hurst Shifter
    Aftermarket Throttle Body
    KN Air Filter
    Strut Tower Brace
    Z06 Rims

RED
    2001 PONTIAC TA RAM AIR

I am not to sure those rims are good for trans am. They may look better on a BMW. However, they are different and unique.

Black
    1998 Formula

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Sorry man, but I think I'd rather keep my stock 16" wheels than put wheels that look like that on it. No offense. It isn't necessarily the size, but the style. However, purely from the standpoint of performance, you could EASILY blow 1200 dollars on a set of high-performance tires for those rims, which is nearly what that place said the rims themselves were worth! Michelin does offer its PS2 performance tire in 20" but as I said thats about 1200 a set, with the next best performance tire in that big of a diameter is BF Goodrich's KDW, which is about a grand a set but is more made for wet weather than it is for pure peformance. There is no performance value whatsoever in having 20" rims on an f-body. The extra diameter and weight also works against your gearing and acts as an overweight flywheel which messes up your acceleration (those rims sure look HEAVY to me, plus the rubber), and the additional unsprung weight wreaks havoc on your suspension, which kinda screws you over in the handling department. Hennessey and Lingenfelter have Vipers and Vettes running 335/30ZR20 PS2 tires, but its easier to get away with when you have 1000 horsepower and a sky high tire budget. Plus, the wheels are still at least an attempt at a lightweight performance wheel, and those tuners are smart enough to rebuild the suspension with components that do their job properly in spite of the weight. Now as far as the rim size goes, you can get some pretty lightweight performance wheels that are above 18" if thats what you want. The C6 Z06 wears 19" wheels and looks great on them, and you can definitely pull off that look with 18" fronts and 19" rears. Plus, they aren't all that expensive either. But, as the rest of the guys said, its your car, do what you want.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Man some of you guys are harsh! Just please keep it civil though. Thanks everyone.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

dude. I feel bad for you. but really, the style just isn't right. I do like black cars with some nice black rims, but you just didn't pick some very nice ones.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

His car came with those wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    dude. I feel bad for you. but really, the style just isn't right. I do like black cars with some nice black rims, but you just didn't pick some very nice ones.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

oh.... alrighty. poor choice by the previous owner.

Silver
    2002 Z28

Yea, I have a nice set of Stock Z28 rims with Nittos on em, definately a big performance gain over those 20s!!!

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I kinda like it, but the rears and WAY too thin. If the rears were 10.5-->12" wide, and deep-dish, then it would look much better. It comes off now looking like the owner is someone who couldn't give less of a sh*t about performance.

I would sell them, and get something different. Especially since you didn't choose those rims, no sense in keeping them if you are iffy.

Just remember, everytime to walk up to it in a parking lot you are gonna see those back rims and puke on your boots until you change them to something you like.

yeah, black rims on a blachk car is no problem to me (thats my goal) but I just don't like the design of those rims.

Even the style of those rims isn't that awful, but they look like they were designed to compliment the look of a brawny truck, not overwhelm the wheelwells of a trans am!

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

i threw up in my mouth a lil there... no way dude...20s can work but those look like sin... i wouldnt put them on a honda...other than that nice car

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information