Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree2Likes

Oe wheels

This is a discussion on Oe wheels within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; I get that which is why I am asking you again. So are you saying to not buy wheels from ...

Pewter
    '00 SS

I get that which is why I am asking you again. So are you saying to not buy wheels from them because of this?
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    I get that which is why I am asking you again. So are you saying to not buy wheels from them because of this?
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f53/check-out-what-i-got-today-$200-also-need-advice-160401/

the price was so low, so I had to buy them. if I was going to spend ~$700 on wheels I would get on craigslist/for sale section and find some true factory wheels used.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Just pickin your brain cause i am about two months from buying wheels and i was going for c5 but all black. I know oewheels doesnt make em all black but i was gonna call and and pay a lil more if they will do it.

Has anyone else had this issue that he is talking about?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

The thing is you cant find OEM wheels with a lip. I would definitely spend $700 on their wheels again. That is about the cheapest you can find for an aftermarket wheel. They aren't going to be perfect and at that price I'm not sure you can expect them too. As far as weight goes aren't a majority of aftermarket wheels heavier?

Pewter
    '00 SS

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    Just pickin your brain cause i am about two months from buying wheels and i was going for c5 but all black. I know oewheels doesnt make em all black but i was gonna call and and pay a lil more if they will do it.

Has anyone else had this issue that he is talking about?
    C5 Z06 wheels

Black
    '98 Z28

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to post a buyer beware for oewheels. I got mine 15 months ago and there is pretty bad pitting of the chrome finish. I called them up and they won't cover it because it is past their one year warranty.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to post a buyer beware for oewheels. I got mine 15 months ago and there is pretty bad pitting of the chrome finish. I called them up and they won't cover it because it is past their one year warranty.
    i dunno about the chrome, but my gunmetal and stainless are holding up well after a year and a half...and no caps falling off either. but different people, different experience.

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    i dunno about the chrome, but my gunmetal and stainless are holding up well after a year and a half...and no caps falling off either. but different people, different experience.
    They gave me some bad caps. I don't think they were even for those wheels. The ones they replaced them with have been on with no problems since then. I just wish they'd stand by their product. The pitting started months ago, I just never got around to calling them.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Man I forgot this thread was even started by me. I had unsubscribed from it. Never even got around to getting the wheels. Life took a very unexpected turn for me. Still gonna get em. Just gonna take a lil longer this time.

Red
    1998 Z28

I have their C6 wheels and they still look great. I personally have had the car with them for 2 years, they're a little pitted, but i assume it's from the rocks as my paint got pretty messed up the past year as well. i was even going to get their C6 18x10.5s for the rear. Worst case, i'll just sand them and paint them black.

97 Camaro Z28

Got OE Wheels and so far I like them but haven't gotten around to even mounting tires to them yet! In as far as Center caps they would not even deal with exchanging them. I have ZR1 style 17 inch 9.5s and 11s and didn't want Corvette Center Caps. Ended up selling them and purchasing plain center caps thru Corvette Central. But great wheels for the price!

Friend of mine had purchased OE Wheels and got one that until it had a tire mounted you would have never known that the wheel was warped. They exchanged it but gave him some grief over verifying that the wheel was actually warped. In the end he got a new wheel.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Seen the site wheels looked good i liked the new ZR-1 wheel but they dont have any for our cars!!

This place is called "OE Wheels" but I take it these aren't actually OEM wheels? Are they aftermarket copies?

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    This place is called "OE Wheels" but I take it these aren't actually OEM wheels? Are they aftermarket copies?
    correct. oem designs that are kinda jazzed up. great price for wheels for the cheapskates like myself.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information