Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nitto's or G-force KDW's?

This is a discussion on Nitto's or G-force KDW's? within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by Fury_786 i ran some nitto 555 extreme drag 315's and they wouldnt hook up in 1st or ...

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Fury_786 View Post
    i ran some nitto 555 extreme drag 315's and they wouldnt hook up in 1st or 2nd

ET street radials work well, but dont last. ive been getting about 25k/pair out of my sumitomos, work great in the rain, and are half the price of anyone else's

this is the wheel section

asshat, its people like you who think their opinion is the only right one who really ruin threads like this

my apologies to the OP for your ignorance, i don't feel the need to entertain your stupidity anymore
    What kind of power are you putting down that you can't hook 315 nitto dr's?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Fury_786 View Post
    i ran some nitto 555 extreme drag 315's and they wouldnt hook up in 1st or 2nd

ET street radials work well, but dont last. ive been getting about 25k/pair out of my sumitomos, work great in the rain, and are half the price of anyone else's
    ET radials and Nitto DR's felt the exact same to me on the street and aired up to 25 PSI.

Obviously the MT's hooked better at the track.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I found a nice set of C6 rims on ebay in Huntington beach. I could go and pick them up myself. they are 18X8.5 and 19X10. They are at $600 with 18 hours left. what do you guys think????

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    KDW all the way. i just put a set on my car and i love them, and they do hook up, great in fact. i work at a tire store and BFG's are high quality tires. great traction, great wear, and balanced out awesome. take my word for it you wont be disapointed. unless you spend a lot of time at the track you dont need drag radials, and if you drive them on the street they dont last. and i am not sure why people are telling you to get Summitomos? those tires are a joke. its a $90 tire, remember you get what you pay for. look at the tread wear rating, they will last about 10K miles, and its def not gonna hook like the BFG. also look at the temperature and traction ratings. and i am not just gay for the BFG's, i work for goodyear and there are a lot of people out there running the factory f1-gs, and the gs-d3's and ill tell you right now those things are overpriced and low quality.
    I have Goodyear F1 GSD3s on my Formula and they hook up better, stop faster and corner better than the Nitto 555s on my TA. They are better in the rain also. They also look way cooler than the Nittos do, very intimadating from behind.
    IMO, from my expierence (being as limited as it is) the F1s are a superior tire to the 555s.

The Nittos do seem to wear well and last when rotated regularly. For a DD they are good tires.
    If I had to chose between F1s and Nittos I would go with the F1s unless I had to drive in the snow.
    I havent had any exp with the BFGs.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by xzaero0 View Post
    I have Goodyear F1 GSD3s on my Formula and they hook up better, stop faster and corner better than the Nitto 555s on my TA. They are better in the rain also. They also look way cooler than the Nittos do, very intimadating from behind.
    IMO, from my expierence (being as limited as it is) the F1s are a superior tire to the 555s.

The Nittos do seem to wear well and last when rotated regularly. For a DD they are good tires.
    If I had to chose between F1s and Nittos I would go with the F1s unless I had to drive in the snow.
    the f1's are a good tire, thats why GM puts them on the f-bodies and corvettes and have been for years. its just that the structure of the tire doesnt seem to be as quality as the BFG's. and if you like those tires, then i think youll love the KDW's. also, gm had a contract with goodyear, and the f1 was one of the first run-flat tires, so they stuck with them. i see alot of them and they dont seem to wear/balance very well. and they are kinda pricey. good tire, but there are better bang for the buck out there.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

The factory tires GM put on these cars wear FAST.
    If you were to purchase the same tire at a tire shop...they would be MUCH better.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    The factory tires GM put on these cars wear FAST.
    If you were to purchase the same tire at a tire shop...they would be MUCH better.
    i dont know about much better. you are right though, all tires from the factory, gm or not, uses a softer compound than the retail tires. either way i dont see anyone getting much more than 20k out of a set of f1's.

thats why we see so many people swap out their fatory tires for the same thing, just the retail version instead. they know that they will wear better. however since they are a harder compound they do not ride nearly as well.

Bright Rally Red
    1998 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    Costco sells the KDW's for $196 a tire installed. I am going to go check to see if they have them in stock.
    If you haven't bought them yet check discount tire. They'll beat anybodies price and have superior customer service. They hook just fine for me(mostly stock M6 SS) Keep'em rotated and pressures correct got 40,000 out of the first set.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I bought staggered rims, can't rotate them. 18's front 19's back. But I'm pretty sure I'm going with the KDW's. going to cost me a grand. ouch.

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Black 2002 Trans Am WS6

What is everyone's feeling on tread design on the BFG KDWs. I like the appearance of the new tread, but never driven a car with it. I have the KDWs on my car now and love them, but it's the original KDW tread. Any difference other than appearance??

pewter
    00 TA m6 vert

Quote Originally Posted by 2002 WS6 KILLS View Post
    What is everyone's feeling on tread design on the BFG KDWs. I like the appearance of the new tread, but never driven a car with it. I have the KDWs on my car now and love them, but it's the original KDW tread. Any difference other than appearance??
    I just replaced an old set of original KDW 255/40 & 295/35 with the new thread. The NT's look awesome... but I haven't noticed any handling, cornering differences. I would say the NT's hook better, but I rode around on dead tires all last year... so it might just be that I finally have new tires. I've heard alot of people say the NT's can get some really bad road noise after a few thousand miles.... we'll see

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

all I can get is the new tread, since that's all that KDW's come in for the size I need. I'll let you know.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

I had KDW's on my 97 Z28 and loved them.

Pewter
    1999 Pontiac

I have 2 camaro's and have kdw's on both, never a better tire!!!!
    Kumo sucks. The only other tire I have ever run that was ok was the yokohama's, too expensive when you consider how much better bfg's are.

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by xzaero0 View Post

I just put on a set of Goodyear F1 GSD3s and they are far better then the BFG G-force KDWs I have been running. The new Goodyears do everything better wet or dry, now the question is weather they well last long. Also the new Goodyear F1 GSD3s are the stock tire that Ferrari puts on there cars, and they seem to know a thing or two about sports cars.
    1998 Camaro SS Hard Coupe Bright Red #1593
    Mods: Lots!!, still my daily driver except for winter
    383rwhp 370rwft/lbs

1979 Corvette
    Mods Lots!!, weekend cruiser
    325rwhp and 320rwft/lbs

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 (Yes its got a HEMI)
    Mods: Catback, BFI CAI, Winter daily driver

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

I am currently running the BFG G-Force Sports. They are an ok tire liked the KDW better, but the ones I had on were the older model. They lasted at least 3 years (lots of miles and passes), and the only reason I changed them out was because they were starting to crack. They hook up fairly well for a street tire, nowhere near as sticky as something like a MT ET Street, which I have used and they did not help me at all at the track.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by vetteemt View Post
    I just put on a set of Goodyear F1 GSD3s and they are far better then the BFG G-force KDWs I have been running. The new Goodyears do everything better wet or dry, now the question is weather they well last long. Also the new Goodyear F1 GSD3s are the stock tire that Ferrari puts on there cars, and they seem to know a thing or two about sports cars.

the gsd3 is a pretty sweet tire, but they wear very fast, and for what you get are too expensive imo. but like you said its almost the best tire for wet traction on the market, but a lot of us never drive our cars in the rain, so its an irrelevant factor.

can you get any more info on using them on a ferrari? i have never seen that, i can see them using f1 supercars, but not the gsd3.

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    the gsd3 is a pretty sweet tire, but they wear very fast, and for what you get are too expensive imo. but like you said its almost the best tire for wet traction on the market, but a lot of us never drive our cars in the rain, so its an irrelevant factor.

can you get any more info on using them on a ferrari? i have never seen that, i can see them using f1 supercars, but not the gsd3.

Go to Goodyears web site http://www.goodyeartires.com/cfmx/we...?PRODLINE=1197
    spin to the GS-D3 tire, below it states that there are the oem tire for the Ferrari F430

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by vetteemt View Post
    Go to Goodyears web site http://www.goodyeartires.com/cfmx/we...?PRODLINE=1197
    spin to the GS-D3 tire, below it states that there are the oem tire for the Ferrari F430
    huh.... well ill be. thats pretty sweet.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Seems like everyone has contradicting opinions on the best tires for our cars.

Personally, I just ordered a set of Nitto 555's in 245/45/17 front and 285/40/17 rear for my TA. Getting them installed on Saturday. They were very reasonable priced and are supposed to offer excellent dry traction, plus they have a decent tread wear rating.

I currently have Eagle F1-DSG3's on my car in the same sizes as listed above. They were great when new, but now that they have much less tread left, they don't hook up worth anything. If you're looking for ultimate dry traction, they are not the tires to go with anyway. On the Goodyear site, both the Eagle F1 Supercar and Eagle F1 Asymmetric offer better dry traction at a small (1 number less) compromise for wet traction. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not one to rip on my car in the rain, so I'd take a 10/10 dry traction and 9/10 wet traction as opposed to the other way around any day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information