Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Nitto 555R vs MT ET Street Radial? -- The Tire Train

This is a discussion on Nitto 555R vs MT ET Street Radial? -- The Tire Train within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by djvaly OFFTOPIC: Northstar in Denton you mean? I am waiting on a Dana 60 rearend complete set ...

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    OFFTOPIC:
    Northstar in Denton you mean? I am waiting on a Dana 60 rearend complete set with 3:73 gears at the end of the month, then I can play at the track a bit more. there's a few folks that mentioned Redline track... here's the link
    to the DFW LSx gtg that I created and keep posting there for newest gtg etc...
    Dallas area LSx meet info
    some say its in denton.. but its tech in sanger.. either way that doesnt matter... i never been to redline... its not convenient for me... which one do u think u will be going to cuz id be interested to see you run that thing.. in sanger there only about 6 ls1's i have seen out there and none of them are n e thing special.. urs would be a show

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    heheh what the hey! LOL I know the 452 Falken are good for street, not too performant, but I returned them... got them MT et street DRs on the rear, still got Falken 452 on front, I doesn't matter on the front... they are 4 season tires on front, I wanted better stability on wet/ice...
    I am a firm believer in "You get what you pay for". The Falken tire (overall) is a "bang-for-your-buck" brand. The 452 is the better model out of the brand... especially compared to the 512 or 912. They are generally all cheap (I think their STZ04 truck tire is outstanding, though), and though it doesn't technically matter in the front, there are so many better options cornering and handling wise.

Glad you like the MT's!

Jessica

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Wtros View Post
    I am a firm believer in "You get what you pay for". The Falken tire (overall) is a "bang-for-your-buck" brand. The 452 is the better model out of the brand... especially compared to the 512 or 912. They are generally all cheap (I think their STZ04 truck tire is outstanding, though), and though it doesn't technically matter in the front, there are so many better options cornering and handling wise.

Glad you like the MT's!

Jessica
    for sure, I'll look into regular Nitto555 in front next time, but yeah I am hooked on the MTs... good stuff Jess!

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

I really wanted to try the new Nitto NT-01 this year but the web sites still show the size I need (315-35/17) are not available yet.

So for this years race season I am going with the Yokohama A032R as I got a sponsor to absorb some of the cost.

I will be using them at my first road race of the season May 27!!

http://www.yokohamatire.com/TireFeatures.asp?TireID=2

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i figured it wasnt an wider, just looks like it is. the nittos work for me but i will only use them on the street and ill get some mickeys for the track. i just think et streets and mickey slicks hook alittle better, i guess because of the tread pattern. just an opinion though.
    From the research i did, one of the members on ls1tech did a side by side measurement comparison between the 555r 315s, mt 315s and i think the bfg sr 315s and the results were as followed:

For actual tread to ground-

BFG 315s 11 3/8"
    Nitto 555r 315s 11 3/4"
    MT ET Streets 315s 12 1/4"

I personally have the 555r 315's and i like them alot but have always been a big fan of MT so im lookign foward to trying them out cuz i suspect the MTs can handle my power better then the 555r...

Even all three side by side you can clearly see that MT was alightly wider but it was noticeable...If i could find the link i would post it but my computer crashed and i lost all my bookmarks but im sure if you do a search you could find it!!! Hope this helps a bit...

MT wins the votes hands down... but wouldn't mind trying BFG and Nitto55R to see diff.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD View Post
    From the research i did, one of the members on ls1tech did a side by side measurement comparison between the 555r 315s, mt 315s and i think the bfg sr 315s and the results were as followed:

For actual tread to ground-

BFG 315s 11 3/8"
    Nitto 555r 315s 11 3/4"
    MT ET Streets 315s 12 1/4"

I personally have the 555r 315's and i like them alot but have always been a big fan of MT so im lookign foward to trying them out cuz i suspect the MTs can handle my power better then the 555r...

Even all three side by side you can clearly see that MT was alightly wider but it was noticeable...If i could find the link i would post it but my computer crashed and i lost all my bookmarks but im sure if you do a search you could find it!!! Hope this helps a bit...
    good stuff. thanks man.

hows the t/a coming along as far as mods?

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    good stuff. thanks man.

hows the t/a coming along as far as mods?
    NP man!

And the mods are commin good bro thanks 4 askin...Did a little stock piling and i'm almost done just waiting for my brake package to come in then its taking a weekend off to install it all!!!!!

Hows ur ride doin man?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information