Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Nitto 555R vs MT ET Street Radial? -- The Tire Train

This is a discussion on Nitto 555R vs MT ET Street Radial? -- The Tire Train within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; shit, just realized we are all off topic now...

shit, just realized we are all off topic now

ok going back to the tires subject!

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    this is A4 stage 4 built up that RPM did for me.
    http://www.rpmtransmissions.com/levelivauto.html

it holds to 600rwhp. it's not the tranny's fault, it's the lines going into it, the radiator line took a shit so obviusly water went in. then a 2 months later the coolant line broke and ran on very low coolant for about an hour and fried.
    I think the tranny stg4 is bullet proof, it's just bad luck how shit/parts feeding into it failled and
    superheated the tranny. I wish there was a heat sensor on board for the tranny, or auto shutdown when it's super hot because of lines faillure...

they didn't put in the GM 5 pinion planatery gear set???

the on in our's is a 4 pinion, the 5 from GM is the best hands down, any other aftermarket 5 pinion's are crap and not as strong as the 4 pinion from GM.

i cracked the 5 pinion on 400RWHP, you might shatter the stock one, and they are $400+ to replace for the part alone

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

this is A4 stage 4 built up that RPM did for me.
    http://www.rpmtransmissions.com/levelivauto.html

it holds to 600rwhp. it's not the tranny's fault, it's the lines going into it, the radiator line took a shit so obviusly water went in. then a 2 months later the coolant line broke and ran on very low coolant for about an hour and fried.
    I think the tranny stg4 is bullet proof, it's just bad luck how shit/parts feeding into it failled and
    superheated the tranny. I wish there was a heat sensor on board for the tranny, or auto shutdown when it's super hot because of lines faillure...
    did the shop not replace any of the lines with maybe some ss lines or atleast more durable and higher heat resistant ones? you would think they would pay attention to this kind of thing. (thought you said they didnt tend to the lines, but i could be mistaken)

i agree that breaking things is part of the equation but shelling out that amount of money should at the very least guarantee the parts and the work for a period of time and/or a power level. and that means ALL the parts, not internals.....
    what is the point of getting a build up if it breaks ya know. not your fault at all though. thats kinda like getting fucked without getting kissed first....

Pewter
    2000 z28

to get back on topic, the nittos im getting are 315/35/17.
    for the track im thinking about going bigger with the same size sidewall in the et streets. any opinions or suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    did the shop not replace any of the lines with maybe some ss lines or atleast more durable and higher heat resistant ones? you would think they would pay attention to this kind of thing. (thought you said they didnt tend to the lines, but i could be mistaken)

i agree that breaking things is part of the equation but shelling out that amount of money should at the very least guarantee the parts and the work for a period of time and/or a power level. and that means ALL the parts, not internals.....
    what is the point of getting a build up if it breaks ya know. not your fault at all though. thats kinda like getting fucked without getting kissed first....
    well they guarantee the tranny work if it breaks because of bad parts, install. but if the radiator line broke. not their fault, also the coolant line broke not their fault. they gave me a good discount. I paid 1700 for built up initially, then only 500 for rebuilding/replacing some broken parts, now again perhaps 500 cause it ain't their fault. shit! what's next? what other accessories lines can break... arhhhh

Thumbs up

to get back on topic, the nittos im getting are 315/35/17.
    for the track im thinking about going bigger with the same size sidewall in the et streets. any opinions or suggestions?
    nice, that should give you some good 60'

Pewter
    2000 z28

nice, that should give you some good 60'
    im hoping so... now i just have to get the launch down and get the sfcs welded in....time to call my buddy for that one....

yeah I got SFCs welded in and springs and shocks and I pulled a 1.9 60' on MT et street DRs, as a newbbie to the track that's good, but I know I can do 1.7 60' with that setup. just have to practice more.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

:train:
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

choo choo!

I checked with the mechanic today and they said the tranny cooler line overheated and poked a hole in the line, but there was enough tranny juice so I think the tranny got overheated a bit since the exhaust was super hot and steaming... so I think tranny is good just they gotto change that busted tranny cooler line in front so it will be heat resistant a lot better and clean up the exhaust a bit underneath. cool. they'll call me up tomorrow PM with final test result on the tranny... the tranny is bullet proof they said and got enough tranny juice in it to keep it cool enough even though the exhaust was steaming hot... the tranny slipped a bit they said it will be good once the tranny cooler kicks back in and that the tranny has not been damaged at all.

Pewter
    2000 z28

I checked with the mechanic today and they said the tranny cooler line overheated and poked a hole in the line, but there was enough tranny juice so I think the tranny got overheated a bit since the exhaust was super hot and steaming... so I think tranny is good just they gotto change that busted tranny cooler line in front so it will be heat resistant a lot better and clean up the exhaust a bit underneath. cool. they'll call me up tomorrow PM with final test result on the tranny... the tranny is bullet proof they said and got enough tranny juice in it to keep it cool enough even though the exhaust was steaming hot... the tranny slipped a bit they said it will be good once the tranny cooler kicks back in and that the tranny has not been damaged at all.
    glad to hear it man. now we must retract our statements about the incompetency of the shop, at least i have to.

Thumbs up

glad to hear it man. now we must retract our statements about the incompetency of the shop, at least i have to.
    oh it was just a line busted, I knew it. but the tranny was sent to RPM Transmission in Indiana... both LG Motorsport and RPM do a great job, but bad bad luck with the radiator line and cooler line... I changed both lines now, that's nothing else can break, really everything is new

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Get the Nitto's for the Street DJ.

I have MT ET streets mounted on stock 16" rims for drag racing.

With all the power you have now you need suspension mods plus slicks to get the best times.

Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post
    Get the Nitto's for the Street DJ.

I have MT ET streets mounted on stock 16" rims for drag racing.

With all the power you have now you need suspension mods plus slicks to get the best times.
    look in my sig

Thumbs up

oh it was just a line busted, I knew it. but the tranny was sent to RPM Transmission in Indiana... both LG Motorsport and RPM do a great job, but bad bad luck with the radiator line and cooler line... I changed both lines now, that's nothing else can break, really everything is new
    so the tranny cooler line was replaced, the tranny was not affected at all I guess there was enough tranny juice no to affect it at all,
    yeah! so no damage to the tranny, they closed the tranny cooler line in front of the car and everything is good! the smoke was coming from te exhaust pipe getting really hot on the outside. everything is good! cool.

time to do a burn out

back to the Nitto 555 DR vs MT et street DRs...
    MT any day! they hook a bit better at track and on the street. if you really care about that .1-.2 difference in 60' get MT.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

On the street my Nitto's do as well as my MT's.
    But at the track...HUGE difference.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information