Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Nitto 555r Drag Radials...

This is a discussion on Nitto 555r Drag Radials... within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by tonyjnjz sounds like my next mod should be some nittos and a rear end when you break ...

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    sounds like my next mod should be some nittos
    and a rear end when you break it hooking up with that torque MONSTER you have....

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

lol yeah my clutch dosnt hold the best either.....maybe ill stick with sliding alll over the road for a lil while longer ..hehe ..besides its LOOOTS of fun...just not very productive for racing

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

sounds like my next mod should be some nittos
    if your'e only talking about street tires

Pewter
    2000 z28

what tires do you run?
    oh great intentions, ive got the best of interventions...

Missouri and Central IL members come in!!!!!
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f26/missouri-muscle-central-il-come-48861/

pewter

some dry rotted mich pilot sports 275/40/17 previous owner was 60 yrs old...he had the lpe package installed when the car was brand new including the wheels/tires...back in may of 2001..he put 17k on it up untill june 06 when i picked it up and the pilots still had half tred left on them but there hard as fuck since there 5 yrs old.....the stick great when there hot but thats about the extent of it...i cant even notice any wear over the 5k worth of miles ive owned the car....and i OFTEN roast them thru 1st as its very easy to do

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Dontcha just love that roll-on tire smoking power!

Pewter
    2000 z28

some dry rotted mich pilot sports 275/40/17 previous owner was 60 yrs old...he had the lpe package installed when the car was brand new including the wheels/tires...back in may of 2001..he put 17k on it up untill june 06 when i picked it up and the pilots still had half tred left on them but there hard as fuck since there 5 yrs old.....the stick great when there hot but thats about the extent of it...i cant even notice any wear over the 5k worth of miles ive owned the car....and i OFTEN roast them thru 1st as its very easy to do
    throwing on a set of et streets would really help you out hooking up. not too expensive either. do you have any pics of this beast?

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Dontcha just love that roll-on tire smoking power!
    YUP ..good clean fun.......yeah theres a pic in my sig on here....im at work so i dont have any on the pc here...i REALLY have to take a bunch of pics after i give her a good cleaning one of these days...gf has the digital camera.....she looks very basic...definitly a sleeper........ pewter z28..nothing special besides the fikse wheels and borla exhaust.....waiting for my strano springs to be shipped so i can put them on and my front koni's.......already have the rears in.....that alone made a HUGE difference in controling her when shes sliding all over the place

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    throwing on a set of et streets would really help you out hooking up. not too expensive either. do you have any pics of this beast?
    they wear quickly from what ive heard...and they would likely make short work of my rear end..lol....im thinking about some nitto dr's OR the new falken racing tires...there supposed to be stickier than bfg KD's and there much cheaper...158 a pop thru discounttiredirect

Pewter
    2000 z28

they wear quickly from what ive heard...and they would likely make short work of my rear end..lol....im thinking about some nitto dr's OR the new falken racing tires...there supposed to be stickier than bfg KD's and there much cheaper...158 a pop thru discounttiredirect
    hell, throw on some all seasons and save the dr's for track work or until you get a different rear. no shame. i have some SHITTY tires on the rear as we speak. i mean SHITTY!

pewter

dont track her much and really dont plan to/ and dont PLAN on a new rear end EVER if i can help it....im 29 and owned a 99 6 speed z before this one.....ive done my fair share of beatin the shit out of ls1s.....lol....dont plan on beatin on this car so hopfully the rear will last a LONG while...those MT street rads u speak of are supposed to hook lilke a motherfucker and would likely make short work of my rear...really not worth it to me.....rather spend that 2k on a rear on suspension mods and gas

pewter

ha actually speaking of spending money on mods i still have stock exhaust manifolds.....only the borla helps her breath better.....unreal aye????? definitly dont wanna be spending money on broken shit before i get some headers on there........waiting for my buddy to get hired as a cop in the town we live in before i put them on.....have another buddy to throw inspection stickers on so i should be able to run catless and not get any tickets once hes in......really dont wanna make THAT much noise till then so im waiting

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

dont track her much and really dont plan to/ and dont PLAN on a new rear end EVER if i can help it....im 29 and owned a 99 6 speed z before this one.....ive done my fair share of beatin the shit out of ls1s.....lol....dont plan on beatin on this car so hopfully the rear will last a LONG while...those MT street rads u speak of are supposed to hook lilke a motherfucker and would likely make short work of my rear...really not worth it to me.....rather spend that 2k on a rear on suspension mods and gas
    Sticky tires make short work of stock 10 bolts!

01 Z28 06 Trailblazer SS nitrobusa's Avatar

Red
    2001 Z28 2006 Tundra TSS

Thumbs up

10 Bolts Can Hold Up To 400hp......... Its Proven

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

For 10 minutes...

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

In autos the ten bolts hold up VERY well. Mine has been handling the cam/bolt ons/intkae for a year, and now it's still holding up to the Nitrous. Maybe I have messed something recent since I'm never around but last I knew ED was still on the stock 10 bolt and he makes insane power.

Power isn't the 10-bolts enemy most of the time, drivetrain shock is. You know, people that think dumping the clutch is smart are a 10 bolt's worst enemy. It's poor driving skill and hard on your car too

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

For 10 minutes...
    well i have some good #'s and 315 bfg's and i havent had any problems.

01 Z28 06 Trailblazer SS nitrobusa's Avatar

Red
    2001 Z28 2006 Tundra TSS

For 10 minutes...
    Maybe if your driving. I know numerous people with stock 10 bolts in there car running mid-high 10's. I also know idiots with 12 bolts that cant keep them together. If you dont abuse your drivetrain, they will stay together.... sometimes

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I drop the clutch often. I take it to the track about once every three months and lay down about 5 runs of abuse with 295/35's that hook like mad with trackbite.

The 10 bolt held up admirably considering the abuse I laid on it, but it didn't last.

I find it hard to believe under the same torture, the Strange S60 will konk out on me after two track trips, and weekend street abuse.

That thing is a tank guys, c'mon now. I don't think the S60 will have any problems with my 400+ numbers, even if I slap mickey thompson's under it.

If it does crap out, I am gonna burn strange's warehouse to the ground for what they charge.
    Last edited by Roastem; 05-30-2007 at 05:42 AM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

My nitto 315's have the same tread width as my 275 MT radials.

I run my nittos at 26-27 PSI all the time. Too much more and you start having wear issues down the center of the tire. Even on an 11" wheel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information