new tires

This is a discussion on new tires within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Howdy folks, I'm budgeting for new tires in the next couple months and I'd love some suggestions. I've got a ...

Central Florida

2000 Z28

new tires

Howdy folks, I'm budgeting for new tires in the next couple months and I'd love some suggestions. I've got a 2000 Z with 17X9.5 ZR-1 wheels currently wearing the 275/40 17 BFG GForce Sports that came with the car. It's currently 100% street driven. I live in Central Florida and we get some pretty impressive downpours 8 months of the year so I'm willing to trade ultimate dry performance for wet handling/hydroplaning resistance although I know that super hydroplaning resistance is relative with a 275 mil tire with an LS1. I'd like to pay less than $150 per tire and it would be a plus if they had a 300+ treadwear rating. Also there are alot of circles in my area instead of traffic stops, so my passenger side tires take a beating. Non-directional tires so I can rotate front to back and x-wise would be perfect. I had Kumho ASX's on my previous DD a 2700lb Hyundai Elantra GT and I was mostly happy with them, I've also been looking at the Sumi HTR+'s (because they are non-directional) also. I don't have to have non-directional tires but they would be preferred.

harrisburg pa.

02 vette vert

go to tire rack's website. they do testing themselves and give opinions on what tires do which things best, also have a consumer rating with everything from wet, dry, snow traction, noise, etc. just punch in a tire size and go from there.

02 M6 Formula

Just bought some BFG Gforce supersport a/s, All season ultra high performance i think. Its got a 400 treadwear so not super soft. They rule, Excellent traction in the wet and even more so in the dry. Look them up, last time i checked tirerack had em for $130 a tire or something.
    Last edited by DUBB; 07-17-2009 at 08:21 PM.

orlando, fl

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

sumitomo HTRz tires is what i used and have real good rain capabilities

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    Houston, Texas
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I also used super cheap sumi's. For DD I have no complaints. Lay into them or take them to the track and you'll spin the whole way down.

I've had them on for 15-18k miles and it's about time to replace them.

Thread Information