Thread: Need RIMZ!!!!!

1966 Corvette Coupe

Need RIMZ!!!!!

YES I KNOW THIS IS A DOUBLE POST.... I was getting no love in the classics section so i decided to bring it here...

Shortly I will be putting her up for the winter and during that time I will be doing suspension, brakes, wheels, and tires... (along with fising some of the several thousand other things that seem to be wrong...)

So back to the thread at hand... I need wheels....

For those who dont know what Car im talking about...

What I want in a wheel... 17"... I'm pretty sure im maxing out at 7" front and 8" (or 8.5" what ever) in the rear... Like to keep it at like $150 a rim... and if possible USA made... I will pay a bit more for USA, but not gonna pay double... I like Coys C55's ok... (see below), but im a bit scared of the quality... And clearly they are Chainese made...

I have looked at TT2s and some of the other popular wheels... I really like Smoothie 2's... and i also would consider something like below if i could find it in a 17"

BTW they are rocket launchers...

Suggestions? photo shopping your selection onto the car would also be AWESOME...

-me

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    YES I KNOW THIS IS A DOUBLE POST.... I was getting no love in the classics section so i decided to bring it here...

Shortly I will be putting her up for the winter and during that time I will be doing suspension, brakes, wheels, and tires... (along with fising some of the several thousand other things that seem to be wrong...)

So back to the thread at hand... I need wheels....

For those who dont know what Car im talking about...
    Click for full size

What I want in a wheel... 17"... I'm pretty sure im maxing out at 7" front and 8" (or 8.5" what ever) in the rear... Like to keep it at like $150 a rim... and if possible USA made... I will pay a bit more for USA, but not gonna pay double... I like Coys C55's ok... (see below), but im a bit scared of the quality... And clearly they are Chainese made...

Click for full size

I have looked at TT2s and some of the other popular wheels... I really like Smoothie 2's... and i also would consider something like below if i could find it in a 17"

Click for full size
    BTW they are rocket launchers...

Suggestions? photo shopping your selection onto the car would also be AWESOME...

-me
    if those are your favorite i say go with the TT2's they will look the best IMO. i have seen a few of them with those wheels or similar ones and they look fantastic

Black
    '98 Z28

You could keep it "in the family" and go with c5 Z06's.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    You could keep it "in the family" and go with c5 Z06's. Click for full size

Thread Information