Results 1 to 19 of 19

Need opinions on wheels

This is a discussion on Need opinions on wheels within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Do you guys think these wheels would look good on my WS6? They are 18x8.5 in the front and 19x10 ...

  1. #1
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Need opinions on wheels

    Do you guys think these wheels would look good on my WS6? They are 18x8.5 in the front and 19x10 in the back.



    Feel free to suggest other wheels that might look good. I am getting tired of my stock wheels. I want something bigger than the stock 17s they look too small to me.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 01-02-2011 at 08:32 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    if you like black on black go for it
    i would personally run something different such as zr1s, my .02

  3. #3
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    if you like black on black go for it
    i would personally run something different such as zr1s, my .02
    Yeah I was thinking about zr1s but I have never seen these on a TA before and I want to be different. Do you know the tire size for 18x8.5 and 19x10 wheels?
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 01-02-2011 at 08:48 PM.

  4. #4
    Member youngrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    247

    Black
    2000 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Do you know the tire size for 18x8.5 and 19x10 wheels?
    Probably something like a 275/35r18 fronts and a 285/35r19 for the rears maybe a 295

  5. #5
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Yeah I was thinking about zr1s but I have never seen these on a TA before and I want to be different. Do you know the tire size for 18x8.5 and 19x10 wheels?
    probably 255/35/18 and 295/30/19

  6. #6
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by youngrigo View Post
    Probably something like a 275/35r18 fronts and a 285/35r19 for the rears maybe a 295
    275s are too big for an 8.5

  7. #7
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    probably 255/35/18 and 295/30/19
    Alright cool thanks!

  8. #8
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    255 might look stretched over a 8.5? I have 275's on my 8.5 up front and they look just perfectly squared over the wheel, don't bulge at all.

    And I like the wheels
    Last edited by silverWS6; 01-03-2011 at 10:48 AM.

  9. #9
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    255 might look stretched over a 8.5? I have 275's on my 8.5 up front and they look just perfectly squared over the wheel, don't bulge at all.

    And I like the wheels
    Thanks. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on tires. I looked them up at tire rack and it was aroud $1200 for the tires.

  10. #10
    Member cancam99ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    540

    Navy Blue
    Chevrolet Camaro SS

    I am running 19x10 with a 3153019 in the rear and a 18x9.5 with a 285 4018 I believe with black spider wheels and love it !! Ask tater he's seen it

  11. #11
    Member cancam99ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    540

    Navy Blue
    Chevrolet Camaro SS

    imo i hate the zr1's forgot to add that.....

  12. #12
    Firebird Encyclopedia 9T8W66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    St. Clair Shores. Michigan
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,605

    Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

    245/40/18 and 285/30/19 would likely be the best bet assuming you want to keep your ABS happy.

    And IMHO I would stay away from Vette wheels altogether.
    Do something Original.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

    Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

  13. #13
    ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,845

    All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

    I kinda agree with 9T8W66.. I had wanted to go with Vette rims when I bought my car.. ordered them.. but at the time they were 6 months back ordered... ran across my current rims and am EXTREMELY glad I went with them... never saw another Trans Am with them.. they were cheaper and if you look around.. there are T/As with vette rims everywhere you look.

    It is all personal preference... and you are the one paying for and looking at these every day... so make yourself happy. I personally love the look of black rims with a silver lip on a black car.. its sleek but the silver breaks up the full black look... but with your brown stripes, that might not work real well.

    Play around with photshop.. try some things out... do google searches for rims and see what you like.

    Good luck.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

  14. #14
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    these wheels are 18x8.5 and 18x10.5 with 255/40/18 and 295/35/18 tires. worked perfectly in my opinion


  15. #15
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    I kinda agree with 9T8W66.. I had wanted to go with Vette rims when I bought my car.. ordered them.. but at the time they were 6 months back ordered... ran across my current rims and am EXTREMELY glad I went with them... never saw another Trans Am with them.. they were cheaper and if you look around.. there are T/As with vette rims everywhere you look.

    It is all personal preference... and you are the one paying for and looking at these every day... so make yourself happy. I personally love the look of black rims with a silver lip on a black car.. its sleek but the silver breaks up the full black look... but with your brown stripes, that might not work real well.

    Play around with photshop.. try some things out... do google searches for rims and see what you like.

    Good luck.
    Only other wheels I have found that I like are the BOSS 338 wheels but they are more expensive then these wheels and I would want them in 20x8.5 and 20x10 and that might look too big.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 01-04-2011 at 10:37 AM.

  16. #16
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Only other wheels I have found that I like are the BOSS 338 wheels but they are more expensive then these wheels and I would want them in 20x8.5 and 20x10.
    20" F-Body Movement talk to this guy about his set up

  17. #17
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Thanks!

  18. #18
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Will wheels with a bolt pattern of 5x120mm fit I know f-bodys have a 5x120.67mm but does that .67 make a difference?

  19. #19
    Member 28Marcos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SATX
    Age
    34
    Posts
    375

    Pewter
    99 Z/28

    Quote Originally Posted by cancam99ss View Post
    I am running 19x10 with a 3153019 in the rear and a 18x9.5 with a 285 4018 I believe with black spider wheels and love it !! Ask tater he's seen it
    i love the spider wheels! any pics?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need some opinions on new wheels.....
    By BrownsMillsAntz in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2012, 10:03 AM
  2. opinions please. should i get these wheels?
    By DADillac in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 08:30 AM
  3. Opinions on Cray Scorpion Wheels?
    By the_furnace in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 09:00 PM
  4. Opinions on c6 wheels
    By kussn29 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 02:36 PM
  5. Opinions on these wheels
    By Huskerz1 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 09:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •