Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Exclamation Need New WS6 Chrome 17in rim

I just bought my car. Its got over 400 HP and sounds great, but unfortunatly on the way home i hit this huge ass steel piece rolling across the highway in a construction zone. I dented the rim pretty bad and now have to get a new rim, and tire. This tire that just got ruined only happened to have about 60 miles on it. Sucks Huh? Anyone know where i can get a new rim from thats pretty cheap?

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

nws

Sorry not chrome, its polished.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

That really sucks. I recently kinked one of mine and finding a single replacement was a pain so i just bought the TTIIs I'd always wanted.
    I was just going to keep the other 3 just in case, but they seem to just be taking up space in the garage.

New from GM would cost a mint if you could get one, and I'm not aware of new aftermarket aluminum ones from my searching. I'll sell you one of mine if you're interested. I haven't touched them about 5 months so I'll have to break out the powerball and some polish to clean them up and get some pictures. They are pre-01 style, from my 2000 WS6. Let me know.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

guess i didn't look hard enough

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

How much would you sell one of those rims to me for? And some pic's if possible would be nice. you can send them to saleenmaniac207@yahoo.com

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I'll start off by saying that I evidently didn't pay enough attention to your first post because I had the exact same thing happen to me in my 98 Z28. I was exiting a construction zone and sped up to 75 (in Michigan this is the speed limit on most highways) but apparently was still in the 55 construction zone and a state trooper caught me and took off after me. As I was merging over to the median I too hit some piece of steel and blew out the tire and kinked the chrome wheel. Fortunately the cop felt that the price for a new wheel and tire offset the $300 ticket and let me off, so I didn't feel so bad about it.

Back on topic though, before I was supposed to put the car away for the winter I sent it to a buddy who worked at a dealership for a discount detailing. Apparently the jackass used the chrome wheel cleaner on the wheels... which is a strong acid that ruined the clearcoat finish, I hope not the aluminum itself though.

I personally wouldn't feel right selling a wheel in this condition, especially considering you just bought the car and probably only want the best. I appologize for offering a sale before I knew the condition, didn't even notice until I tried cleaning them up. The guy took them back and said he'd try to have them refinished since it was his mistake, but I really don't know how long this will take him or if he even knows how or will have to send them out to have it done.

I feel really bad and I'm sure you're looking to get a replacement real fast. If you're willing to wait a while I guess I could let you know how they turn out but if he screws them up he's just going to pay for them.

I know how you feel though and it is hard to find these wheels, especially one. Sorry again.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Thanks anyways but i found a used rim from a junk yard in A condition which is a good condition.. Thanks anyways for the offer.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Hope you got a decent deal. Down here in Ohio the wheels were almost non-existent in the scrap yard stock and the few I found wanted $200+ a piece for them though they said they were reconditioned without the clear coat. From having the TTIIs only a few weeks the straight polished alum. is a total bitch to keep clean. Glad you were able to find one, again really am sorry I posted without checking on them.

Thread Information