need help picking tires

I was wondering if anyone could help me out and give me some good ideas for some tires. Im getting ready to update my rims from the stock 2002 WS6 rims to some ZO6 Motorsports Style, Black face, riveted, machined lip wheels 18X9.5. I'm looking to get some good reliable tires that will get good traction as well. I'm pushing 350 RWHP. Thanks for any help.

Blue
    2001 Camaro SS

i have a set of kumho ectas on my camaro and so far have had no problems. untill they are warm traction is a little low but the ride is great for 30 series tires.

black
    1996 mark VIII

Be careful which ecstas you get.

My best friend has them on his C5 and cant get traction at all when it rains. They have about 1,500 miles on them and nothing's changed. He slid into a car on an offramp in the rain because the car just SLID. Yep, 50 mph exit on a long straight off ramp and SLID INTO A CAR. f'g junk.

Treadwear is like, 420 or 440, I don't recall but it's like driving on plastic.

I just bought a set of BFG g-force t/a KDW 275/40/18's for my car, 158 shipped from www.discounttiredirect.com

but, I only left one in the warehouse in all four locations so you might have to wait. Ratings are EXCELLENT, if you go to tirerack.com there isn't one negative complaint that I can remember reading. It was about two months ago so they should be back in stock. Don't buy from anyone other than discounttiredirect though. (not discount-tire.. different company!) .. but they sell tires very reasonable.

The tires I want I found listed for up to 339/pc, exact same size, tire, everything, and dtd sold them to me for 158/pc shipped. Best ratings on that size tire in every category, I think.

Haven't put them on yet.. but reviews and price are more simply excellent, wet AND dry.

Thread Information