Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Exclamation NEED HELP!!! On which 315 Drag tire i should buy!!!

Ok i'm ordering today and i can decide between 2 drag radials for my sort of DD...

Here's what i'm looking at:

315/35/17VR Nitto NT 555r Drag Radials
    Treadwear 100
    Traction A
    Temperature A

315/35/17VR BFG G-Force TA Drag Radials
    Treadwear 00
    Traction B
    Temperature C

Which one's do you think i should get??? And which tire do you think i will hook better with???

My original choice was the nitto's but if someone can convince me otherwise then i'll switch...

Also remember that this car is NOT a drag only car i do use this car daily but VERY short distances!!!!!

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

you could also look into the 275/40-17 mickey thompson drag radials. i use the nittos on my car. just used the mickey thompson ET Streets on the wife's car. damn they hook good. if that's any indication of how the MT DRs will do, i'd go for those.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

Well dont go Nitto's. BFG's are an ok choice. The best is like said above the 275/40/17 MT. Hands down hold up better than 275 or 315 Nitto or BFG.

-00BlueTA

See signature.

I hear great things about the MT's also. heard they do great on the track and the street. cant go to fast in the rain but you can get home i think depedning on speeds.
    Pontiac Firebird's: 91 Formula 350, 01 Trans Am WS6, Suzuki's: 09 SX4 Crossover, GSX-R's: 06 600 & 07 1K.
    F-Quick Garage & Car Domain

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

i have nitto's seem to work good. but haven't used any other . i pull 1.70's with them 60ft. thanks jeremy

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

M/T radial...
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

SOrry i forgot to mention that i already have the M/T ET streets DR's and i LOVE EM The reason why i was try to determine between the two was so that i could have 315's for the nice rear stance and be able to drive around with them and not have to worry "too much" about rain conditions and still have great dry traction.... Many people on here told me that for what i'm looking for the nitto's are the best way to go!

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD
    SOrry i forgot to mention that i already have the M/T ET streets DR's and i LOVE EM The reason why i was try to determine between the two was so that i could have 315's for the nice rear stance and be able to drive around with them and not have to worry "too much" about rain conditions and still have great dry traction.... Many people on here told me that for what i'm looking for the nitto's are the best way to go!
    no drag radial is good in the rain. i really don't reccommend them for anything but track. when the rain comes it's very easy to get sideways without even trying. thanks jeremy

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

Sumitomo makes a 315 HTR Z II which is about the most decent rain tire you'll find in 315. DR in 205-335 are not good in the rain any way you look at them. If you were choosing between the 2 BFG or Nitto I'd say BFG all the way.

-00BlueTA

IS THAT YOU IN MY MIRROR itsyasoldier's Avatar

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

This is the easiest question i have ever answered!! You should definately go with the BFG's. I have them on my car and they grip so hard im afraid of blowing my rearend. I could drop the clutch at 4500 rpm and they would about rip my head off. I know thats not good on the car but it sure was fun. I won alot of races because of those tires. My buddy has the nitto's w/the same setup as me and he blows them off everytime.
    Pewter SS Camaro
    K@N FIPK System
    Flowmaster W/Cutout
    TNT 100HP Wet Shot

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by itsyasoldier
    This is the easiest question i have ever answered!! You should definately go with the BFG's. I have them on my car and they grip so hard im afraid of blowing my rearend. I could drop the clutch at 4500 rpm and they would about rip my head off. I know thats not good on the car but it sure was fun. I won alot of races because of those tires. My buddy has the nitto's w/the same setup as me and he blows them off everytime.
    your friend probably has to much air in them , thanks jeremy

Ocean
    1995 Trans Am

The M/T's are the best but like you said for everyday driving your gonna get the best mileage out of the nitto's and they work nicelcy I have them on my car as well. Plus the BFG's are a lot wider if you are worried about fitting them under the fenderwells without rubbing.

I loved my nittos. They actually hooked better on wet pavement than my street tires did. Now standing water is a different story. Don't have any experience with the MT's but the BFG's I've been around hooked about the same as the nitto's but wandered too much on the interstate.

BTW, I used to autocross my mustang with 555r's all on all 4 tires. They actually worked very well and were much faster than my street tires.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

M&h Or Mickeys

If your going for ALL out hook........M & H is the way to go!!!! They are about $25-30 more a tire than Mickeys but they hook better and are lighter. If $ is in the issue than go with the Mickeys!!!! Nittos ARE NO WHERE CLOSE TO MICKEYS LET ALONE M & H's!!!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

i love my 315/35/17 bfg g-force!!
    Click for full size

Thread Information