missing lug nut locking key

This is a discussion on missing lug nut locking key within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Can anyone help me . this is ms Capncliff . i have a 99 torch red vette with black stripes ...

torch red
    1999 Corvette

Question missing lug nut locking key

Can anyone help me . this is ms Capncliff . i have a 99 torch red vette with black stripes . and have a buble in front tire and bought 2 new tires and when to have them mounted when i found that it has locking nut on each tire . they are aftermarket . can someone help me find a place to buy one or a place to take it to . i went to a man who own 20 vettes and he just blew me off . ( i aint a dumb blonde).. can anyone help me with this problem . i have looked all over the car and cant find it . and whouldnt someone make one (like the dealer) for aftermarket .
    thanks for any info you can give . Lucy .(Northshore,La)
    Last edited by capncliff; 07-30-2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: missing word

NBM
    2002 Camaro

The tire place should have a tool to remove wheel locks, and then you can replace them with new locks that you have the key for.
    02 Camaro
    PRC Stg 2.5 5.3's, Futral F14, PP Typhoon intake, True duals, Performabuilt tranny, & 3500 convertor, HSW plate kit.
    *Old Time* 10.90@ 125mph

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by NoscamaroSS View Post
    The tire place should have a tool to remove wheel locks, and then you can replace them with new locks that you have the key for.
    True and correct and if they dont have the right key they have tools to.....persuade the lug keys off

Flame Red / Orange Custom
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by capncliff View Post
    Can anyone help me . this is ms Capncliff . i have a 99 torch red vette with black stripes . and have a buble in front tire and bought 2 new tires and when to have them mounted when i found that it has locking nut on each tire . they are aftermarket . can someone help me find a place to buy one or a place to take it to . i went to a man who own 20 vettes and he just blew me off . ( i aint a dumb blonde).. can anyone help me with this problem . i have looked all over the car and cant find it . and whouldnt someone make one (like the dealer) for aftermarket .
    thanks for any info you can give . Lucy .(Northshore,La)
    I remember doing this I left my key in Michigan and moved to Houston, Texas for school and then I got a flat went to put on the spare and boom no key then i remembered what I did I left the key over 1200 miles away. I thought It would take a long time to get it fixed but I just took it to the shop and about 30 min later they were done and they only charged me like 5 or 10 bucks (I think... maybe it was free because I bought new tires) so you should have no problem fixing this problem, just take it to a tire shop.
    98 Trans Am Custom Paint, Ghost Skuls On Racing Stripe + Custom Front Lip, :MODs Tubular K-member, Tubular Upper and lower A-arms, Tubular Control Arms, 4:10's, Cam L-.567/.575 D@.05-.212/.218,1.85 Roller Rockers, P&P Heads, ARH Headers & HF Cats & Y-Pipe, SLP loudmouth catback, +'s

Thread Information