Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Looking for Best Street Tires

This is a discussion on Looking for Best Street Tires within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; car came with khumo ecastas, worst tire ive ever had, never hooked. i worked for goodyear for a while so ...

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

car came with khumo ecastas, worst tire ive ever had, never hooked. i worked for goodyear for a while so i got to try out all the different tires. eagle gs and gs-d3's are not worth the money because i dont think they hook worth a shit. the gs-d3 is great in rain, but i dont drive in rain. michelins are across the board the nicest tires on the market, however, i dont really like the options for out cars nor the prices for what your get. i went with the KDW's and couldnt be happier. got them for around $800, and worth every penny. they hook great and look awesome. my opinion its the best value for our cars in the high perf street tires.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    car came with khumo ecastas, worst tire ive ever had, never hooked. i worked for goodyear for a while so i got to try out all the different tires. eagle gs and gs-d3's are not worth the money because i dont think they hook worth a shit. the gs-d3 is great in rain, but i dont drive in rain. michelins are across the board the nicest tires on the market, however, i dont really like the options for out cars nor the prices for what your get. i went with the KDW's and couldnt be happier. got them for around $800, and worth every penny. they hook great and look awesome. my opinion its the best value for our cars in the high perf street tires.
    These kdw's?
    http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tir...Vegas&pc=38299
    I heard somewhere the road noise was up there with goodyears is there any truth to that?

In need of another LS1 00blacktransam112's Avatar

Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

yes those are the KDW's. i will be purchasing those for my next set

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

why the KDW's and not the KD's?

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

are the kdw's as loud as all those reviews state?

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Been looking at tires also and I'm leaning towards some Nitto's
    http://www.nittotire.com/
    Was checking out the INVO and the NT05's
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    These kdw's?
    http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tir...Vegas&pc=38299
    I heard somewhere the road noise was up there with goodyears is there any truth to that?
    none that i ever noticed. the eagle GS is the factory tire, and the GS-D3 is a some what newer tire. like i said, the gs-d3 rides great and it awesome in the wet, but imo doest hook well enough on dry pavement, and isnt worth the price. the one thing i will say about any goodyear tire is that about 40% of them are out of round. which will cause a vibration and cupping. michelin and BFG (who is owened by michelin) seem to always balance out best and be the truest tires because they manufacture them with a completely different technology.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 98Z28CamaroJG View Post
    Okay so...Is there anyone that can compare the michelin ps2's to the bfg KD's? a 100 rating Nitto won't do me any good, that wears a bit too quick IMO
    Try Nitto NT555. they have a 300 tw and A trac and A temp. W performance rating I think (168mph)

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    are the kdw's as loud as all those reviews state?
    mine are quiet as can be. and im picky when it comes to tires.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

why the KDW's and not the KD's?
    KD is for dry and KDW is for wet and dry. im sure you can decide which ones are best for you.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I have Toyo Proxes 4 on my T/A now and they blow. Dry traction with them is ok but not what you'd expect for how much they cost and wet traction is terrible they hydroplane like a mofo. Im putting Michelins on next and hopefully they're worth the $1200 that its gonna cost me.

I had some yok's, worked pretty well.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Just in case your new to this. FYI. You can haggle with discount tire on price. I always check the discount tire direct store on ebay along with tirerack. As a comparison. Examples are for my tire size

Discount tire $214 or $428 for 2
    http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...=NVLINT&cs=315

dt direct - $370 for 2
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-NEW...Q5fAccessories

Print that page off and take it in to them. last time I think they quoted me like 365 for both.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Just in case your new to this. FYI. You can haggle with discount tire on price. I always check the discount tire direct store on ebay along with tirerack. As a comparison. Examples are for my tire size

dt direct - $370 for 2

Print that page off and take it in to them. last time I think they quoted me like 365 for both.
    thanks for that I usually do that with tire rack and my local tire store since they price match.

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

I'm not trying to spend over a grand on tires so michelin is ruled out. That leaves the Nitto 555 and the GFB KD or KDW. Anybody have opinions on which ones are better?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    The Kumho ecastas are a harder touring tire more suited to a sedan. Kumho victoracers are a ZR rated tire designed more for heavy sport coupes. They won't break the bank @ about $600.00 for a set. But as I said they are a dry wheather only tire with almost no tread..
    Last edited by Smittro; 02-08-2010 at 02:33 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

only problem is that it would be my DD and rain is always possible.

how are the bfg KD's in the rain? If they are okay or good i'd take them over the KDW's because of the better traction in dry weather

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    The Kumho ecastas are a harder touring tire more suited to a sedan. Kumho victoracers are a ZR rated tire designed more for heavy sport coupes. They won't break the bank @ about $600.00 for a set. But as I said they are a dry wheather only tire with almost no tread..
    mine were the ecasta supras, which were ZR rated and still blew ass. ill never even consider another kumho.

only problem is that it would be my DD and rain is always possible.

how are the bfg KD's in the rain? If they are okay or good i'd take them over the KDW's because of the better traction in dry weather
    if youre gonna drive in the rain, and its a DD it def go with the KDW, will last longer and be safer in the wet. remember, the KD is NOT designed to be in the rain, wet traction will be awful. and my KDW's hook awesome, dry traction is not an issue.

and to everyone talking about the price match, head to your local sears, they price match any local or online competator. i work for the auto center in akron and i match tire rack everyday. plus cannot beat their nationwide warranty

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

dt direct - $370 for 2

thats a pretty good price. only thing is that a DR will not last on a DD and will be dangerous in the rain. i think im gonna go with a 315/30/18 BFG drag radial here real soon. however i dont drive in hte rain, and only put about 1000 miles a year on my car.

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

I'm definitely starting to like the sound of these KDW's haha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 06-01-2013, 01:28 PM

Thread Information