Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Just received a horrible set of ZR-1's from TomZ

This is a discussion on Just received a horrible set of ZR-1's from TomZ within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; isnt that what I just implied?...

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

isnt that what I just implied?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by scotthd View Post
    isnt that what I just implied?
    Yes...it is. Sorry about the edit...was just going to stay out of the conversation.
    I wasn't ever going to jump off the TomZ ship in the first place though, like some where.

Last thing I will say. I won't be purchasing wheels anytime soon (already have two sets) and I don't have any experience with TomZ myself. So...my opinion is really null and void.
    Hope it gets worked out....for both sides. I understand where both sides are coming from.

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

sorry man no sweat I sent him a message hoping he would get on the forum and explain his point I am glad he did.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzwheels View Post
    I hope that since we are not a supporting vendor here on the Forum I am not stepping on any toes by making a few statements regarding our business practices. Hopefully the Moderators will allow me a little leeway after 4 pages of bashing.

My name is Tom Lancaster. I own and operate Tomzwheels. We have sold Thousands of sets of wheels and or tires to satisfied customers with one of our specialties being F Bodies. I have always taken pride in offering the best products I can, at the best prices I can, with the best customer service I can. Any time there is a problem with an order that one of my sales staff cannot take care of it is brought to my attention. I then oversee it to make sure it is taken care of in a fair manner. I take pride in my actions and business and I have always gone out of my way to treat customers fairly.

For my customers here on the Forum I would like you to know that I value and appreciate your business. For anyone else viewing this I hope you can appreciate that there are always 2 sides to a story.

Thanks
    Tom
    You dropped the ball on this one. The only reason you are doing whats right now, is because of this thread.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Seriously?

Over-reaction.
    I guess I am not seeing the problem...business has to protect itself and well as their customers.
    Not at all.........only adding him to my, "do not buy from list".

NBM
    99 TA

Looks like TomzWheels is doing what is right to rectify the situation... i think the bashing has gone far enough. People make mistakes, and they seem to be trying to work with the OP as much as possible.

This should continue through PM between Tom and 9t8z28 IMO...

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    Not at all.........only adding him to my, "do not buy from list".
    Just as Im sure he will add you to his "Do not sell to" list

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    Looks like TomzWheels is doing what is right to rectify the situation... i think the bashing has gone far enough. People make mistakes, and they seem to be trying to work with the OP as much as possible.

This should continue through PM between Tom and 9t8z28 IMO...
    Doing whats right 2 months later ???? Then Tomz labels people on here talking about the poor customer service as bashing just like you have. Nothing wrong with complaining about poor service.
    Last edited by Speedy_Gonzales; 08-21-2008 at 05:42 PM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Could be worse....
    Tom and/or his employees at least haven't dropped the 'You are a liar' on 9t8z28 yet.
    Fucking SLP. Charged me to ship product back to them, then charged me a handling fee, called me...got into a heated discussion with the rep...got called a liar, then got charged yet again to get my busted ass product back.

It seems once it got into Tom's hands, the situation is getting handled. Granted...it sucks it took too long for it to get to him. Sometimes it takes a little time to get to the head guy and fix things.

9t8z28, was this an issue something that needed to be handled quickly?

~~So much for me staying out of this thread ~~

Oh...and to those that are saying TomZ will not get orders from you because of one negative issue out of thousands...do you use Mobil 1? Or SLP? Or ANYTHING from ANY shop?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Could be worse....
    Tom and/or his employees at least haven't dropped the 'You are a liar' on 9t8z28 yet.
    Fucking SLP. Charged me to ship product back to them, then charged me a handling fee, called me...got into a heated discussion with the rep...got called a liar, then got charged yet again to get my busted ass product back.

It seems once it got into Tom's hands, the situation is getting handled. Granted...it sucks it took too long for it to get to him. Sometimes it takes a little time to get to the head guy and fix things.

9t8z28, was this an issue something that needed to be handled quickly?

~~So much for me staying out of this thread ~~

Oh...and to those that are saying TomZ will not get orders from you because of one negative issue out of thousands...do you use Mobil 1? Or SLP? Or ANYTHING from ANY shop?
    You know why I didnt order anything else from SLP Mr Luos ? I saw you post how they treated you. I didnt want to be done that way. There are probally 1,000's of happy customers with SLP. But as we know many on here are not happy with their service. No company is perfect and yes shipping errors occur becuase we are human. But nothing wrong with wanting to shop where you think you will get the best service.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Agreed 100%.
    As a customer, just a little help goes a long way.

But this is the first time I have seen any kind of issue with TomZ. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them myself.
    SLP has a bunch of customers that have had issues.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Agreed 100%.
    As a customer, just a little help goes a long way.

But this is the first time I have seen any kind of issue with TomZ. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them myself.
    SLP has a bunch of customers that have had issues.
    yep I was pretty shocked. When I bought my wheels from him he was very helpful and threw in the Gorilla lugs for free. I had told everybody about him

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    I had told everybody about him
    I will continue to recommend them.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

I personally think that although the wheels had a defect, the user in question just jumped on the gun too quickly and started bashing Tom with malicious intent... at least that's waht it looks like.
    TomZ did try to rectify the situation... eventhough his name was being dragged in the mud.

Ideally, when there is an issue, get in touch with the vendor and keep it there... shit happens, and ppl resolve issues... don't just cry like a baby saying life sucks and life is unfair.
    Also, in all honesty, if you can't afford to give a deposit of $300, for insurance you are sending the wheels back, why the F*** did you buy wheels in the 1st place if you're so tight on $ ?

Tom, you aren't stepping on anyones' feet, and it's ashame that we only see you here due to such an incident.
    Feel free to drop by and help the community a bit. You're always welcomed.
    So far, it's the 1st person that has had an issue with Tom from all the years I've been in the forums and I'm a member, mod, admin of several boards.

I also agree that some of the information that was put here should have been dealt in 1-1 and over PM.
    I think there has been enough bashing of TomZ over this, while he has tried to solve the issue in more than 1 way, including getting around their $300 policy to make you happy, eventhough you're giving them grief and not working w/ them.

In the end, I know unbiased people can look @ both sides of the coin, and in all honesty, some ppl expect too much out of companies... Customer service is very important, but it's not just because of a little defect, error that people should get many freebies... that's 1 big problem in our society... ppl are so sue-happy and ready to point the finger, but when comes time to take responsibility and just roll-up the sleeves and work @ it... it's easier to bitch and have a fit, rather than facing and solving the issue @ hand. (rant of the day)
    Last edited by Eugenio_SS; 08-16-2008 at 07:06 AM.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS View Post
    I personally think that although the wheels had a defect, the user in question just jumped on the gun too quickly and started bashing Tom with malicious intent... at least that's waht it looks like.
    TomZ did try to rectify the situation... eventhough his name was being dragged in the mud.

Ideally, when there is an issue, get in touch with the vendor and keep it there... shit happens, and ppl resolve issues... don't just cry like a baby saying life sucks and life is unfair.
    Also, in all honesty, if you can't afford to give a deposit of $300, for insurance you are sending the wheels back, why the F*** did you buy wheels in the 1st place if you're so tight on $ ?

Tom, you aren't stepping on anyones' feet, and it's ashame that we only see you here due to such an incident.
    Feel free to drop by and help the community a bit. You're always welcomed.
    So far, it's the 1st person that has had an issue with Tom from all the years I've been in the forums and I'm a member, mod, admin of several boards.

I also agree that some of the information that was put here should have been dealt in 1-1 and over PM.
    I think there has been enough bashing of TomZ over this, while he has tried to solve the issue in more than 1 way, including getting around their $300 policy to make you happy, eventhough you're giving them grief and not working w/ them.

In the end, I know unbiased people can look @ both sides of the coin, and in all honesty, some ppl expect too much out of companies... Customer service is very important, but it's not just because of a little defect, error that people should get many freebies... that's 1 big problem in our society... ppl are so sue-happy and ready to point the finger, but when comes time to take responsibility and just roll-up the sleeves and work @ it... it's easier to bitch and have a fit, rather than facing and solving the issue @ hand. (rant of the day)
    I guess some people don't have as much money as you. I save my money to buy the things I want. When I get enough, I go buy it. There is nothing wrong with that and its not your place to tell me what I should and shouldn't buy at any given time.

As far as being a cry baby and bitching about it, well maybe I thought that this is what needed to be done. I don't see you in this situation so you would not know.

Not working with them? Go read through the entire thread again slowly..

I understand what it means to be on the other end. I deal with situations worse than this 5 days a week. My job is to sell exhaust products. When your product doesn't fit or it doesn't meet the customers standards, it is my responsibility to be deal with the situation in a reasonable manner. You must work with the customer and be simpathetic.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Tom is working with me to resolve the issue.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

The customer in this situation was very civil about it. If current/potential customers had not been able to view how this sale was being handled, then the poor customer service on THIS sale by Tomzwheels would have remained unchanged.

This problem could have been avoided if Tom's employee - the wheel installer, had actually inspected the wheels during the mounting process. It looks like the installer was stoned and really didn't give a sh*t about the poor quality wheels. I would have that installer take a drug test if I were Tom!

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

Glad to see there was a resolution.

For the people bitching about the deposit, Tom has EVERY right to do so to protect himself. Yes, it was his screw up but should he be open to sending out a new set of rims and not getting the bad ones back? Not a chance.

It's funny how some people not even involved in the situation said they were going to tell everyone not to buy from this vendor.
    -98 GTP Coupe. Silvermist and stock.

-89 GTA*** L98, P1-SC, 24# SVO's, MSD 6-A, March underdrive pulleys, Edelbrock headers/catback and some other goodies.

~Tony

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Glad to see there was a resolution.

For the people bitching about the deposit, Tom has EVERY right to do so to protect himself. Yes, it was his screw up but should he be open to sending out a new set of rims and not getting the bad ones back? Not a chance.

It's funny how some people not even involved in the situation said they were going to tell everyone not to buy from this vendor.
    If you are talking about me, I never said I was going to tell people not to buy...........just not sending people his way anymore

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information