Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Just received a horrible set of ZR-1's from TomZ

This is a discussion on Just received a horrible set of ZR-1's from TomZ within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Just my 2 cents but those wheels should never have left Tomz in that condition and they were seen by ...

Red Orange Metallic
    1998 Trans Am 6spd

Just my 2 cents but those wheels should never have left Tomz in that condition and they were seen by at least 2 people the installer and the shipper,whatever happened to inspected by........#

black
    99 formula firebird

so was it made right? i cant beleive TOMZ would do a customer like that...i just cant buy it...those guys are freakin awesome

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by QtrWhore View Post
    so was it made right? i cant beleive TOMZ would do a customer like that...i just cant buy it...those guys are freakin awesome
    I don't know what is going on. I am still waiting for a call back.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

typical business...........when customers get plentiful customers get expendable

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

TOMZ's resonse.....................................

Quote Originally Posted by TomZwheels View Post
    First of all you were offered the option to have us send call tags to return the wheels and tires for a refund.

We also gave you the option of how we would attempt to exchange the wheels which included a deposit that would be 100% refunded and an amount that we would cover on expenses to change everything out which was $15 per wheel. If you were not happy with that we would pick up the product and give you a refund.

After your response we realized there was a very good posibility that we would not be able to satisfy you and we felt it was best to pick up the wheels and tires and give you a refund.

At your insistence after talking to you we came to an agreement as to how we would handle an exchange. I guess in that agreement we did not discuss how you would come on a public forum and blast us.

I have always tried to do the best job I can to give the best products I can, with the best prices I can, and with the best customer service I can, especially here on the forum. I know that many times people here have regretted as a customer dealing with certain vendors but every now and then as a vendor there are times that I have regretted having certain customers.

Tom

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

After reading Tomz's reply I wouldnt take a set of free wheels from him...........I bet you I have sold plenty of wheels for him pointing people in his direction...........NEVER AGAIN

A lesson in Customer Service..........1 unhappy customer = many lost customers in the future. If I were him I would rather pay for MY poor service one time, rather than lose much $$$ in future sales.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

And here is my response. .................................

Actually Tom, I posted these pics to get a response to wether I was being to picky about the quaility of the wheels. I have received many replies to this thread that have not been posted here. They stated that the wheels were horrible and assembled in the dark. And judging from the pair of wheels that I previously received last year from you, these wheels should not even have been mounted on the same car.

I tried to communicate with Katrina and make it possible for me to get a comparable set of wheels. I Emailed her back and forth several times. The only option she gave me was to deposit $300 for a new set of wheels. I told her that I was not capable of doing this and I asked her what other options do I have. Her next and only option for me was she would send call tags and refund my money. WOW! This really shocked me. She gave up that easy! All I wanted was for her to send call tags for the wheels that way I wouldn't have to pull $300 out of my empty wallet. She either neglected to read my Emails and just skimmed over them and made a short reply, or she didn't want to take the time to fix your companys mistake. Also, she obvioulsy did not see the problems with the wheels in the first place, or else I would not have had to explain what was wrong with them a half a dozen times.

Somewhere along the line, you and Katrina got the impression that I was to picky and I had to have things my way. This is far from the truth. I tried explaining to her that I would rather talk one on one over the phone so that I could explain my concerns and present a solution that she obviosly ignored in the Email. You both read into Emails entirely to far and you should have cleared that up by picking up the phone.

I finally had enough of communicating through Emails that were going nowhere. Keep in mind that I purchased these wheels on June 3rd. I called a couple of times and finally I got ahold of you. The first words out of your mouth were rude. Your company made a mistake and I got shit for it! I had to go back and forth with you and finally you let me speak to present a solution to the problem which we agreed on:

-you reimburse me for unmounting, then send a call tag and I don't have to spend an addition $300, then you inspect the wheels, and possibly send replacements.

It was that easy! Who would have ever thunk it!

And remember how you said you were going to call me back in 2-3 days wether or not you received your new shipment and you were going to look them over? I never got the call!

I don't understand why I had to go through with all of this crap. And after the second call that day, you appoligized stating that you were out of line and didn't take the time to listen to me because you already had past judgement on me before we even spoke.

I sent the wheels back to you. You will see how bad the quality is and then I am sure that you will send the defective wheels back to OE Concepts. This has been a horrible experience for me and I am sure for you.

I am sure that your only option for me is for you to reimburse me and I agree with that.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by TomZwheels View Post
    First of all you were offered the option to have us send call tags to return the wheels and tires for a refund.

Tom
    Funny how this is the first thing you post but the last thing you agreed on which took weeks. You never offered this solution, but I did the first day speaking via Email to Katrina which she said no to! Why?

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    After reading Tomz's reply I wouldnt take a set of free wheels from him...........I bet you I have sold plenty of wheels for him pointing people in his direction...........NEVER AGAIN

A lesson in Customer Service..........1 unhappy customer = many lost customers in the future. If I were him I would rather pay for MY poor service one time, rather than lose much $$$ in future sales.
    +1 that was not the response I was expecting from tom z either.. That was crappy customer service and a bad response I will never buy wheels from a company like that. I like to hope that vendors especially ones that get alot of business from forums like this would go out of their way to take care of customers.. The local morning radio show here (The bj shea show) does alot of advertising for sponsors but makes the stipulation if customers fo to a vendor becouse of him and are unhappy they are to contact him and he will take it up with them and a couple of people have complained and he did get their issues resolved for them... Those businesses know how valuable the good word of mouth is and the ones that had complaints actually got more business gecouse of the way they quikly resolved the issues... Too bad tomZ wasnt more like that... one unhappy customer can hurt a business more than one hundred can help,,

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

I just erased tom z from my favs which is sad cause I was really close to cutting loose on a set of zo6 I guess Im going to have to keep checking on ebay, chances are I will get better customer service

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by scotthd View Post
    I just erased tom z from my favs which is sad cause I was really close to cutting loose on a set of zo6 I guess Im going to have to keep checking on ebay, chances are I will get better customer service
    and on e-bay you can look at their rating...........case in point also........tomz could have paid to take care of this customer but chose not to..............already lost one $600 sale

mark him down with Weapon x
    Last edited by Speedy_Gonzales; 08-12-2008 at 04:21 AM.

Pewter
    1999 firebird

Ya i just called them today, i was trying to find out if some wheels would fit and after a couple of wheels there was a long pause and then they hung up so i dont know what to think!?!?!!?!?

As you proposed we are picking up the wheels at our expense, we are crediting you $30 to cover dismount/remount expenses, we had our distributor hand pick replacement wheels for you and I am shipping them here to our shop so I can personally inspect them when they arrive before we ship them to you.

At this point when we are going out of our way trying to take care of this for you I do not understand why you continue to come on a public forum and try to hurt our reputation.

I am of course sorry you received a product that you were unhappy with. I agreed that from the pictures that there appear to be some issues with the wheels and we went to work to try and take care of the problem.

I would like everyone here on the forum know

We have always stood behind our product.

We offered solutions to the customer to resolve the issues and when those did not please him we offered a full refund.

We are still working to resolve this in a manner that addresses his issues and was one that he proposed.

Without going through all the correspondence between us and writing a book I cannot address all of the comments he has made that are incorrect or that are taken out of context.

Tom

Ya i just called them today, i was trying to find out if some wheels would fit and after a couple of wheels there was a long pause and then they hung up so i dont know what to think!?!?!!?!?

I am sorry we hung up, it would have been an acident. It looks like we were perhaps having trouble with modern technologies when dealing with the hold button. Please give us a call back if it is convenient.

Thanks
    Tom

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    mark him down with Weapon x
    Seriously?

Over-reaction.
    I guess I am not seeing the problem...business has to protect itself and well as their customers.

I hope that since we are not a supporting vendor here on the Forum I am not stepping on any toes by making a few statements regarding our business practices. Hopefully the Moderators will allow me a little leeway after 4 pages of bashing.

My name is Tom Lancaster. I own and operate Tomzwheels. We have sold Thousands of sets of wheels and or tires to satisfied customers with one of our specialties being F Bodies. I have always taken pride in offering the best products I can, at the best prices I can, with the best customer service I can. Any time there is a problem with an order that one of my sales staff cannot take care of it is brought to my attention. I then oversee it to make sure it is taken care of in a fair manner. I take pride in my actions and business and I have always gone out of my way to treat customers fairly.

For my customers here on the Forum I would like you to know that I value and appreciate your business. For anyone else viewing this I hope you can appreciate that there are always 2 sides to a story.

Thanks
    Tom

I saw a few posts and I recieved an Email from one of the Forum members here specifically mentioning the issue of the deposit and I wanted to address it.

A few years ago we had several instances where we sent replacement wheels to customers over a period of time that never returned the original items. Some of them sounded like they were the most honest people in the world. After that we put a policy in effect that we do not send out product unless we have a deposit. For the security of the customer except in very rare occasions we do not retain nor do we want to keep the numbers of the credit cards so that was not an option.

As a customer you are protected if a vendor does not send his product. You can file a claim with your credit card company and unless the vendor can give evidence they have sent the item they will reverse the charge. Unless we have a deposit we have no protection.

Thanks
    Tom

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Your not stepping on anyones toes. You are doing exactly what you should do.

And by the way, you have my C.C. on file from last years purchase.

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

I sent tom z and email stating that he lost my business due to customer service recieved by someone on this site he was very quik to reply and very polite I think if he is willing to take care of this issue we should give him a chance.. hopefully vendors will understand that just like doing business on ebay where once transaction is complete they ask for feedback as they do a great job on this site of doing,it will help ensure good service and a way for people to check a vendor before purchases for our protection since you really dont know what you are getting on line.. I am personally glad tomz got onto the site and took care of the issue and explained his side. Depending the final outcome of this I might still consider doing business with them they do have good prices

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Bran...you PM box is full.
    Last edited by Mr. Luos; 08-12-2008 at 04:15 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information