Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Just received a horrible set of ZR-1's from TomZ

This is a discussion on Just received a horrible set of ZR-1's from TomZ within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Update. I spoke with Tom initially but now Katrina has been Emailing me back and forth and she has been ...

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Update. I spoke with Tom initially but now Katrina has been Emailing me back and forth and she has been getting a little nasty via the Emails and I have been trying to do nothing but work with her. She wants me to Paypal $300 to them and they will drop ship me a set. This will take a week to receive them, then they are only going to give me $15 to have BOTH tires unmounted and then remounted on the new set of wheels.

First of all, it is going to cost me at least $15 per wheel to have them unmounted and remounted..

Secondly, if I Paypal the $300 to them, it will take a week for the wheels to get from Texas to Pa, then I have to take off work to get the tires unmounted and then remounted on the new wheels. Then it will take another week for the bad wheels to get to them. Then when they receive in the product, look it over, and then refund the money via Paypal, it will take Paypal another week to reimburse me. I can not be without $300 for 3 weeks!

Also, I could get the wheels unmounted and remounted at Pepboys after work, but who in their right mind takes brand new Chrome wheels to PEP BOYS?

The only good part is that they are going to give me a call tag for the bad wheels. But once again, I am going to have to spend more money on boxes for the wheels since the tires and wheels were initially shipped with bands and cardboard on the fronts and backs of the wheels.

All that I asked of them was to drop the price on the deposit and they will not do that. I should be paying a deposit of at the most a little over their cost of each wheel.

And lastly, they state that if I receive the same quality of wheels, I am basically screwed!
    If I do not agree to their terms, they will sensd a call tag for the wheels and tires.

I don't want this to happen!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by 9t8z28; 07-29-2008 at 03:55 PM.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

As an employee of a manufacturing company, I deal with this kind of stuff all day long. We are taugh how to handle these situations and be reasonable. When you make a mistake, you need to suck it up and take a hit. This is what profit margins are for. It gives you a cushion for things like this. When you do not want to fix the mistakes, it makes you look greedy and it affects future business.
    Last edited by 9t8z28; 07-29-2008 at 03:56 PM.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I want ever tell anybody about tomzwheels ever again

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I should not even have to pay a deposit since they have had my credit card on file for the past year!!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    I should not even have to pay a deposit since they have had my credit card on file for the past year!!
    that sent a junk set of wheels to you...their mistake if you wanna call it that. If they had real good customer service they would bend over backwards to help you out. Thumbs down to tomzwheels

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

what is the deposit for ? can you just get a full refund ?

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    what is the deposit for ? can you just get a full refund ?
    The deposit is for the wheels that they are going to send me. They are not even going to look at the wheels that they want $300 for!

No, I can not get a full refund. I will be out $90 for shipping!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

The deposit is for the wheels that they are going to send me. They are not even going to look at the wheels that they want $300 for!

No, I can not get a full refund. I will be out $90 for shipping!
    sounds like tomz has sold to many wheels and is starting not to care about his customers

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

TomZ can still jump in the thread and talk.
    Doesn't look too good.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

Damn that sucks. I ordered my black ZR1's from tomz and did not have any issues with them. They should replace these without any kind of deposit. Talk to the manufacturer of the wheel. Maybe their warranty will cover the bad wheels. I am surprised you did not post this on tech. I am sure this would get resolved there since they get more clients from that forum.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans-Am

More online belly aching about nothing, the wonderful internet sport. Sounds to me like they ARE working with you. If you don't want to be without your 300 for a few weeks pay it with the credit card you mentioned.

I really don't blame a vendor for wanting a deposit to ship you out replacement wheels based on photographs nowadays, maybe he should offer to ship you the new wheels after you ship him the flawed ones at your expense so he can see himself like many vendors would do?

You caught a bad break, sorry dude, but mistakes happen, and it wasn't your lucky day. Give them the deposit, and a week or two, then enjoy your new wheels. Stop trying to start a "Tomz sucks" bandwagon just because you caught a crappy break.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    More online belly aching about nothing, the wonderful internet sport. Sounds to me like they ARE working with you. If you don't want to be without your 300 for a few weeks pay it with the credit card you mentioned.

I really don't blame a vendor for wanting a deposit to ship you out replacement wheels based on photographs nowadays, maybe he should offer to ship you the new wheels after you ship him the flawed ones at your expense so he can see himself like many vendors would do?

You caught a bad break, sorry dude, but mistakes happen, and it wasn't your lucky day. Give them the deposit, and a week or two, then enjoy your new wheels. Stop trying to start a "Tomz sucks" bandwagon just because you caught a crappy break.
    Sorry, it is a check card NOT a credit card, and like I said, they have it on file so there is no need for a deposit.

And you say that I am bellyaching? If so, then leave my thread cause you don't know what you are talking about or maybe your car is not worth enough to have nice wheels on it so you decide to come on here and cry about it in your own way.
    Last edited by 9t8z28; 07-30-2008 at 09:09 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans-Am

Sorry, it is a check card NOT a credit card, and like I said, they have it on file so there is no need for a deposit.

And you say that I am bellyaching? If so, then leave my thread cause you don't know what you are talking about or maybe your car is not worth enough to have nice wheels on it so you decide to come on here and cry about it in your own way.
    Cute, I installed my tire/wheel package from Tomz yesterday thanks. It arrived well packed and in a timely manner from a great vendor, see my other thread.

By the way I didn't know that you had to have a car of a certain value to qualify to buy nice wheels. I thought all you needed was money?

I'm not going to get in an argument with you about this. You posted on a public forum, did you think everyone on the planet was going to rally behind you?

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Cute, I installed my tire/wheel package from Tomz yesterday thanks. It arrived well packed and in a timely manner from a great vendor, see my other thread.

By the way I didn't know that you had to have a car of a certain value to qualify to buy nice wheels. I thought all you needed was money?

I'm not going to get in an argument with you about this. You posted on a public forum, did you think everyone on the planet was going to rally behind you?
    No, but you do not need to be a douchebag! Your not the one who received crap wheels!
    Last edited by 9t8z28; 07-30-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

No, but you do not need to be a douchebag! Your not the one who received crap wheels!
    +1.............he would feel/post the same way you are

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i wouldn't doubt that tomz is a good business man like most... shit happens and i'm sure he will be more than willing to fix it... after all he is in business to stay in business... most business is produced by word of mouth and return customers...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

easy people... douschbaggery need not show up here...

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

If I do not agree to their terms, they will sensd a call tag for the wheels and tires.

I don't want this to happen!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'd say this is your best bet.

Get rid of them and be done with it. You'd be out the 90 bucks, but it'd cost you close to that to have them unmounted, then remounted and balanced.

If they're saying you're shit oughta luck if you get another bad set, well I wouldn't want to take that chance.

Maybe go find a better quality set of wheels somewhere else.

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

i agree thank you for the thread I was just getting ready to buy a set of Z06 from them now I will look else where I am in the service industry and if igive a customer a faulty product ( which I recieved from a whole saler) I replace it without question never have I heard of a deposit,, bad deal all around but I say be thankful for the internet it brings shitty customer service to light.. when you spend money like that you are not just buying the product you are buying the customer service lots of companies sell those wheels what seperates the company from others is customer service...sounds like theirs SUCKS!!!!! with a withering economy not alot of us can spare 300 dollars for three weeks on the hopes that someone will do the right thing when from what I hear they are already sending the message they wont.. I say take it a step farther call the better business bureau file a complaint and just for the fun of it file a complaint with the states attorneys office from what I have been told they have to investigate and no matter what it counts as a black mark... this would be doing them a favor and waking them to the concept of good customer service!!! just my two cents thanks again it does kinda suck though now I have to do more research to find my new wheels now

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

hell just to be vendictive I would prob go onto evey other site like this one and post your remarks too!!! Let them learn the lesson of cust. service the hard way.. hopefully it gets through to them and they improve..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information