Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

just my luck

This is a discussion on just my luck within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by BashamWS6 well. im highly considering the C6 Z06. i really really like them but idk what finish ...

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    well. im highly considering the C6 Z06. i really really like them but idk what finish to get...
    mdevecchio has C6 Z06s on his formula. but idk what finish he has...its not chrome...but if i can find those...i will buy them.
    OE Wheels has 18x9.5s for $500 and 17x9.5 for $459.
    im checking the pricing for 275/35R18 tires
    (i seen C6 Z06 18s on a 00' SS and i fell in love so if the price is right im upgrading to 18s) lol im soooo indecisive...
    a gunmetal would look so bad ass
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

White
    1998 Trans Am

I have chrome wheels from American racing and no issues after over 3 years and triple chrome plated GIO wheels on my trailblazer for almost 5 and still look new and it's a DD. Think it's more the company and quality they produce over the fact that there chrome plated. I have never had a chrome plated wheel from American racing ever bubble on any of my vehicles I've owned even up North in MA. Now my great 16" factory rims bubbles after 6 or 7 really bad. I'll always buy the finish I like be it chrome or painted just make sure it's a company that has good QC and you should be fine.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I have chrome wheels from American racing and no issues after over 3 years and triple chrome plated GIO wheels on my trailblazer for almost 5 and still look new and it's a DD. Think it's more the company and quality they produce over the fact that there chrome plated. I have never had a chrome plated wheel from American racing ever bubble on any of my vehicles I've owned even up North in MA. Now my great 16" factory rims bubbles after 6 or 7 really bad. I'll always buy the finish I like be it chrome or painted just make sure it's a company that has good QC and you should be fine.
    but there is a because u live in Texas. you don't deal with salt on the roads like we do here in Indiana 5-6 months a year. chrome will not hold up no matter how great of quality in the salt and snow.

Impounded
    well after seeing black C6 Z06 18s on that black WS6 on that one sticky....i think im in love....

Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

Just an fyi on chrome plating. Triple plated means there are three layers, copper, nickel, then the chrome. Doesnt mean that there is three coats of chrome. The best way to chrome something is pvd. That is what is used on better quality faucets in your home.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

heres another pretty good example of the c6 z06 wheels in gun metal. 2001 Trans Am LS1

Impounded
    but thats the thing. i cant find C6 Z06 or C5 Z06 Gunmetal rims...and i am not paying $2600 for OEM Corvette Rims

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

but thats the thing. i cant find C6 Z06 or C5 Z06 Gunmetal rims...and i am not paying $2600 for OEM Corvette Rims
    have you called them? if i were u i'd get the gunmetal deep dish wheels with the stainless lip and without rivets.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    have you called them? if i were u i'd get the gunmetal deep dish wheels with the stainless lip and without rivets.
    i called they said that they dont make them without the rivets. and i dont want rivets...i live on a gravel road and there is no way in hell that ill keep those clean...
    black probably isnt the best desision either...but ive looked everywhere for Gunmetal.....they ALL have rivets...the C5/C6 Z06 both....

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

i called they said that they dont make them without the rivets. and i dont want rivets...i live on a gravel road and there is no way in hell that ill keep those clean...
    black probably isnt the best desision either...but ive looked everywhere for Gunmetal.....they ALL have rivets...the C5/C6 Z06 both....
    they may not be as bad to clean without the whole wheel being chrome but if you don't like the look of the rivets entirely then i am stumped.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    they may not be as bad to clean without the whole wheel being chrome but if you don't like the look of the rivets entirely then i am stumped.
    thats depressing....looks like im going black...
    will 275/40R18s fit under a WS6?
    or will i have to get 275/35R18s?
    im thinking about dropping it with Hotchkis (1") or Stranos (1.2") will they fit after the drop too? or will mods be needed?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

thats depressing....looks like im going black...
    will 275/40R18s fit under a WS6?
    or will i have to get 275/35R18s?
    im thinking about dropping it with Hotchkis (1") or Stranos (1.2") will they fit after the drop too? or will mods be needed?
    don't go black...anything but black. the 275/40/18s should fit. my car is lowered 1.3" F and 1.5" R and i run 255/40/18s F and 295/35/18s R.

Impounded
    well idk what to do. id love to have chrome. but idk how that will hold up (i guess if i go 18s i could use my stockers during winter?)....
    and i cant find gunmetal without the rivets....
    machined face isnt what i want anymore....
    im sooo BLAH

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

well idk what to do. id love to have chrome. but idk how that will hold up (i guess if i go 18s i could use my stockers during winter?)....
    and i cant find gunmetal without the rivets....
    machined face isnt what i want anymore....
    im sooo BLAH
    hah i know how you feel man. i'd go chrome and run the stockers in the winter. there's no point in having nice wheels ont he car if u have to drive it in the winter. do they have to be vette wheels? check this link out http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/wheels...k-up-pics.html
    Last edited by 2001camaroSS; 07-27-2010 at 02:58 PM.

Impounded
    well im not a fan of smoothies or TTs...
    and i need to stay away from rivets because of the gravel roads...
    and idk if i like the Deep Dish look either.
    but i still find myself liking the C6, C6Z06, and C5Z06. but no they dont have to be corvette. i like the CCW 505As too

but heres what i am going to do.
    im going to get my stock rims powdercoated and double clearcoated for now.
    a friend of mine is getting black rims and ill just stick his on mine to see how it looks.

or i may order 18x9.5 Chrome C6Z06 or C5Z06s and still get my stocks repainted....using the stocks during the winter.
    OEWheels' Chrome should hold up good right?
    now i just need a tire size. 275/40s or 275/35s?
    i still want a good ride with 18s....i dont wanna be beat to hell so what suspension mods could help?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

well im not a fan of smoothies or TTs...
    and i need to stay away from rivets because of the gravel roads...
    and idk if i like the Deep Dish look either.
    but i still find myself liking the C6, C6Z06, and C5Z06. but no they dont have to be corvette. i like the CCW 505As too

but heres what i am going to do.
    im going to get my stock rims powdercoated and double clearcoated for now.
    a friend of mine is getting black rims and ill just stick his on mine to see how it looks.

or i may order 18x9.5 Chrome C6Z06 or C5Z06s and still get my stocks repainted....using the stocks during the winter.
    OEWheels' Chrome should hold up good right?
    now i just need a tire size. 275/40s or 275/35s?
    i still want a good ride with 18s....i dont wanna be beat to hell so what suspension mods could help?
    275/40/18s are going to give you a little better ride just gotta worry about fitment if u are lowering it but if u stick with 275s in the rear you should be good. get some nice springs, new shocks, and a lot of people suggest panhard bar. do you have SFCs?

Impounded
    Nope were stock except for window motors

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Nope were stock except for window motors
    those are definitely something to looking into to stiffen up your ride, along with a strut brace over the motor

Impounded
    yeah its on my to do list. i just want to get my rims and exhaust on there first.
    then work on the suspension and interior. after than...get a throttle body,intake manifold, etc etc to boost my horsepowerand get it dyno'd

Impounded
    so ive been looking at the C5 Z06 wheels every since the begining. and it looks like i cant even find 18x9.5s in chrome either (unless with rivets like the gunmetals were)
    this is really pissing me off haha

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information