black
    2000 z28

Just got set of Kuhmo Ecsta711...

I just ordered a set of Ecsta 711 from the rack for $50.00 a tire. They will be my daily driver tire, does anyone have any experience on what sort of ride/wear you get with these. I figured for the price how could you miss?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

HOLY SHIT! where from??? god damn, 50 a tire, gimmie 4! PM me a link please

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Those are crap tires. A friend of mine got a set just because they were cheap and it didn't take long for them to wear down to nothing. They don't have to good of traction. They seemed to handle and the ride was ok. They were crap on rain and bad in very light snow. They are worth the price for big smokey burnouts!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

LOL...ha.

black
    2000 z28

Those are crap tires. A friend of mine got a set just because they were cheap and it didn't take long for them to wear down to nothing. They don't have to good of traction. They seemed to handle and the ride was ok. They were crap on rain and bad in very light snow. They are worth the price for big smokey burnouts!
    Today 10:36 AM

I already have a set of racing tires so Im not worried about outstanding traction. The car is 6yrs old with 24k on it. Im sure they will last a few years. I went through a set of $650.00 BF Goodrich G force KDWS in 20k miles. How much worse can these be? as for snow, the Kuhmos are are NOT all season and I dont use the car in the snow anyway. As far as wet traction goes, the F bodies are tough sledding on wet pavement, so Ill be happy if it leaves a stop light with the rest of traffic. Thanks for the info though its always good to hear others experiences.

red
    2003 hyundai tiburon

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    i can attest to most of this. i had a set which lasted 8600 miles ON A HYUNDAI TIBURON! i cant even imagine how quickly you'd burn through them on a rwd v8.

beyond the crappy lifespan, i despised the flimsy sidewalls. if the car sat for even an hour, it'd take a few miles of vibration-filled driving to get them back to uniform... kinda like that memory foam mattress stuff!

as far as i know, the only two models of kuhmo tires worth getting are the ecsta mx and ecsta supra... both really soft & grippy with solid sidewalls.

black
    2000 z28

ok so I have driven on these tires for about a week now, and they are not that bad. They did well in a downpour I experienced on the expressway and did a decent job of hooking up in the wet weather pulling away from traffic lights. Dry grip is as good the original Eagles that came with the car. So far so good for 50.00 a tire.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Good Tire for price

Well I can say I've had a set of 275/40/17 in PHX. the hottest city in country for a year and half with 9500 miles on them and had NO problems. I've done multiple 125mph blats to Vegas and L.A. with No complaints. Normal price on these tires are still Very cheap so I don't if your expecting a race tire or a Pilot but for the money they are good tire. I also ran 12.80's on these tires with 26 psi they hooked best.
    Thats my 2 cents

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

As stated, this were my first tires. I replaced them quickly needless to say

black
    2000 z28

If i get a few summers of driving out of them Ill be happy. My car is six years old and has 23,000 miles on it. This is the third set of tires. the previous set of BF goodrich KDWS were 655.00 for 4. They lasted 20,000 miles. The original equip Eagles were junk, no dry grip no wet grip got rid of them after 3500 miles. I dont think I can loose on this one.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

At that price they are worth a try anyway.

black
    2001 trans am

Same experience here. Bought the two front tires for 50 bucks each just b/c i needed them and i thought what the heck for that price. I've been riding them for two weeks and they seem to be ok. No complains...

Thread Information