Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

Infamous what tires should I use?

Hello Guys!

I already pretty much decided I want to get some BFG G Force T/A tires... My question is KDW,KDWS, or Drag Radial.

Not sure wich to go with.. I'm okay with them not lasting so that is not an issue. I just want to hook on the street and on the track.

Here are my questions I hope some of you can answer.

1. Are the drag radials going to hook on the street very well or just on the track.. There tread pattern doesn't look like it will do both.. Also are these probably pretty much worthless in the rain and snow?

2. KDW or KDWS. Okay I know KDW is Dry and wet and DWS is same but also for snow from reading other posts. My question is about the dry though, are the KDW going to hook better in the dry then the KDWS? From the tread pattern they look like they will. If thats true then fine, but I live in Oklahoma and if I could get the snow it would be okay, but its not a big deal.

Just so you know I have a 96 t/a with some minor mods and I am running the Fuzion tires from firestone on them but from driving it I know for sure they won't hook on the 98 ls1. The T/A is borderline hooking it hooks good but if it had just a little more power they would not be good enough.

Hopefully you guys can help me decide I need tires BAD and i'm doing something this week no matter what. I was set on the KDW but then I found the Drag Radials and they are not really that much more expensive so I relaly need some facts to convince me which way to go.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

1. yes, the drag radials will hook fine on the street. better than a 'normal' street tire. not worthless in the rain. but, just like any other tire, once you get down to the 2/32 remaining, it gets a little hairy.

2. you won't notice much difference between the two in the dry.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

minesfaster
    Actually drag radials are worthless in the rain and i do not advise having them on your car if you plan on driving in the rain unless you plan on driving very slow. I know this because i work at Americas Tire co. also if you go with the kdws then you will loose some traction at the track with those. kdw's are pretty good we sell them for 176 per tire for a 275-40-17.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i've driven 65 mph in the rain with the nittos when new. when down to 2/32 about 45 mph. i know this because i drive on them. oh, and work at my own suspension/alignment shop that sells tires as well.

Thread Information