Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

I'm getting these tires, what do you think?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....nSpeedRating=V

They have an awesome tread pattern for the price. And they are rated pretty well, especially for the price.

I am paying 101 a piece at Sears. that is cheaper than this site after shipping is added on.

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

same ones I have on my car, Love them. The price can't be beat especially for a z rated tire. I got mine in a package deal with my 2007 Z06 wheels and get compliments on them everywhere I go!!

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

32 people looked at this post, but only one gives me input.

Well to the one responder, I say thank you.

I haven't paid for them yet, and was hoping to get some feedback before I go thru with the purchase.

But I like them, and all the reviews I have seen on line, have been great.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

96 dollars for a tire? I could not even buy a third of a tire for that.

As for the tire, only one center groove and the lateral grooves do not connect to it at all. Have fun in the rain. That is the kind of tire I would buy and cut myself with a tire cutter.

Its a 4 door vette bitch! JOHN_DEERE_LS6's Avatar

Black Raven/Ebony cowskin
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

i ordered the same tires but in a 18 today from tire rack... i called sears since i seen you sed you were gonna get them there and they told me " i actually have them on sale right now! 199$ a peice" F YOU SEARS

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Honestly....you get what you pay for.
    And those tires are crap in my opinion.

Midnight Blue
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I say spend a little extra and get what you really want ! Else you will end up regretting you didn't spend that little bit more because you decide to be cheap !! Remember....... It's only money.....and if you need more ???!!! Just go to the bank!! They have plenty !!!!

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

i make good money but y sink a bunch of cash into something i just gonna use to re-surface our shitty michigan roads with?....

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    96 dollars for a tire? I could not even buy a third of a tire for that.

As for the tire, only one center groove and the lateral grooves do not connect to it at all. Have fun in the rain. That is the kind of tire I would buy and cut myself with a tire cutter.
    Can't possibly be any worse than my current tires in the rain, and I have no problem keeping it on the road. But I do appreciate the opinion though. Thanks

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Honestly....you get what you pay for.
    And those tires are crap in my opinion.
    Usually I agree with that mentality, however, with tires, I strongly believe people over pay all the time.

For example -- The replacement tires for my other car are $145 dollars a piece, -- Those damn tires only lasted 15K miles on a Front wheel drive, automatic transmission grocery getter, I can buy a tire right now for the same car, for $51 a tire, and have a 40K mile warranty. Not to mention a road hazard warranty for another 7 bucks a tire.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Fleck View Post
    I say spend a little extra and get what you really want ! Else you will end up regretting you didn't spend that little bit more because you decide to be cheap !! Remember....... It's only money.....and if you need more ???!!! Just go to the bank!! They have plenty !!!!
    These are the tires I really want. I mean I wouldn't mind having some Drag Radials on the rear, But I like these tires. They look very aggressive, and have great ratings. and the customer feedback on tirerack.com has been overwhelmingly GOOD. Most people say they are great tires and better than much more expensive tires (such as Nitto)

I understand it is only money, well if that is the argument, I should buy a vette, or a Viper, hell even a Lambo. I mean after all its only money.

So back to reality, where people actually look for a balance of quality and value when making purchaces. These tires have great dry road ratings, which is about 90% of what I will be driving on.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by John_Deere_LS1 View Post
    i make good money but y sink a bunch of cash into something i just gonna use to re-surface our shitty michigan roads with?....

Same here (I don't really know what "good money" is)-- But I live comfurtable, and i still don't enjoy spending 1,000 for a set of tires, when I can get a set for 400 bucks that have great ratings from actual users.

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

ill have mine tuesday and im super happy with the price ( we can liek these tires all by ourselves!!)... how wide is the rim your gonna put these on??

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

ill have mine tuesday and im super happy with the price ( we can liek these tires all by ourselves!!)... how wide is the rim your gonna put these on??
    Mine are 17x9.5 front and 18x10.5 rear I got 245-45-17 and 275-40-18.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

stock WS6 wheels.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    For example -- The replacement tires for my other car are $145 dollars a piece, -- Those damn tires only lasted 15K miles on a Front wheel drive, automatic transmission grocery getter, I can buy a tire right now for the same car, for $51 a tire, and have a 40K mile warranty. Not to mention a road hazard warranty for another 7 bucks a tire.
    The stockers that come on a car from the factory are JUNK.
    They are different than the ones you would get from Discount...even with the same exact name and model. Much different.
    Your stock tires lasted 15K miles. IF you would have replaced them with the exact same tires from Discount (or wherever) they would have lasted much longer than 15K miles. And been an overall better tire.

There are some tires that are simply out of reach and aren't worth the cost in my opinion.
    But those generic Sumitomo HTRZ II's are crap.
    And Nitto isn't an expensive tire.

My experience with Sumitomo HTRZ II's? The wear sucks, the traction sucks. Most street tires will hold my 3rd gear in the upper RPM's, these didn't. 315/35/17's breaking loose at 85MPH....
    Worn down 275/40/17 Continential's felt like they had more traction.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

The stockers that come on a car from the factory are JUNK.
    They are different than the ones you would get from Discount...even with the same exact name and model. Much different.
    Your stock tires lasted 15K miles. IF you would have replaced them with the exact same tires from Discount (or wherever) they would have lasted much longer than 15K miles. And been an overall better tire.

There are some tires that are simply out of reach and aren't worth the cost in my opinion.
    But those generic Sumitomo HTRZ II's are crap.
    And Nitto isn't an expensive tire.

My experience with Sumitomo HTRZ II's? The wear sucks, the traction sucks. Most street tires will hold my 3rd gear in the upper RPM's, these didn't. 315/35/17's breaking loose at 85MPH.
    Worn down 275/40/17 Continential's felt like they had more traction.
    Oh i didn't realize you actually owned them. If i remember correctly you are putting much more power to the ground than I am. So you might have needed some "better tires".

My car has some tires that wouldn't even pass inspection, they are Falken tires, not sure of the model number, but I still don't break loose in 3rd gear. I think these tires will be at least comparable if not, oh well, you live and learn.

PS -- what tire would you recommend?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I really like BFG KDW's.

I do make a bunch of power, but those tires new performed worse than used Continentials did....
    At this point, I gave up on street tires unless I am looking for good video. I run Nitto DR's for street use.

I have heard good things about General UHP's as well, but I have no experience with them.

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

ok i jsut emailed tire rack to change my tire size hopefully they get my request before they ship them?

i changed to dunlop direzza's any word on them?

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

I really like BFG KDW's.

I do make a bunch of power, but those tires new performed worse than used Continentials did....
    At this point, I gave up on street tires unless I am looking for good video. I run Nitto DR's for street use.

I have heard good things about General UHP's as well, but I have no experience with them.
    Man, it must be nice making that kinda power

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information