Results 1 to 10 of 10

i want a big tire

This is a discussion on i want a big tire within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; on my camaro igot the 9.5 zr1s they are 275 now, could i go to a 305 or would that ...

  1. #1
    sick & twisted SS 02_slp_ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chambersburg PA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    356

    Black
    2002 SS camaro

    i want a big tire

    on my camaro igot the 9.5 zr1s they are 275 now, could i go to a 305 or would that be to much? maybe a 295

  2. #2
    What Would Earl Do? Vexzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kirby, TX
    Posts
    230

    Fire
    2002 SS

    I had to do a little hammerin' to clear my 315's. They still rub but I love 'em. Anyone got a wheel well radius tool?

  3. #3
    sick & twisted SS 02_slp_ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chambersburg PA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    356

    Black
    2002 SS camaro

    O ok. But I was meaning on my stock 9.5 rims how big could I go

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Greenwood MO
    Posts
    11
    I wouldnt go more than a 295

  5. #5
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    I run 295/35/18s in my rear. They are pretty tight and I had to do some hammering to get them to not rub. You can make 315s work but will have to do quite a bit of clearancing. 295s are probably the widest I will ever choose to run.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  6. #6
    "The Snake Skinner" Smokaholik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    199

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

    Damn! i just bought some 305/40/18 for my rear so i guess im going to have to do a major BFH mod huh?

  7. #7
    What Would Earl Do? Vexzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kirby, TX
    Posts
    230

    Fire
    2002 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokaholik View Post
    Damn! i just bought some 305/40/18 for my rear so i guess im going to have to do a major BFH mod huh?
    Not so hard. Just take your time. With body work, a lot of small blows is better than fewer hard hits. Just kind of work the entire area by sweeping across it with a series of blows, creeping up on the worst areas. What you are doing is stretching the metal. If you have to back-up the exterior fender, use a large piece of wood and a towel and go slow, or have a body man do it. A good body man would finish this in 45 minutes or less.

  8. #8
    "The Snake Skinner" Smokaholik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    199

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Vexzer View Post
    Not so hard. Just take your time. With body work, a lot of small blows is better than fewer hard hits. Just kind of work the entire area by sweeping across it with a series of blows, creeping up on the worst areas. What you are doing is stretching the metal. If you have to back-up the exterior fender, use a large piece of wood and a towel and go slow, or have a body man do it. A good body man would finish this in 45 minutes or less.
    thx vexver much appreciated info aint got no no $ for a body guy so guess thatl be me but would wood work bettet than a piece of pipe?

  9. #9
    Carless blkSS98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eastsound, WA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokaholik View Post
    thx vexver much appreciated info aint got no no $ for a body guy so guess thatl be me but would wood work bettet than a piece of pipe?
    I am pretty sure something soft like a piece of wood is less like to do any damage.

  10. #10
    What Would Earl Do? Vexzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kirby, TX
    Posts
    230

    Fire
    2002 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by blkSS98 View Post
    I am pretty sure something soft like a piece of wood is less like to do any damage.
    1 3/4" iron black pipe can do wonders on automotive bodywork...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Can you buy the spare donut tire at a tire store?
    By JayTA98 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 12:09 AM
  2. tire size questions to the tire gurus!
    By vonskeezy28 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 10:01 AM
  3. Tire shop ruined my Nitto 555R tire.
    By Hi-Po in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 04:29 PM
  4. Question: Tire Pressure for 275/50R15 MT Drag Radial Tire?
    By WS6ICK in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 02:51 PM
  5. Uneven tire wear on rear tire??
    By renzo in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 05:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •