Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

i just ordered 20" rvm spazios for my 99 T/A

I bought them on ebay--got polished black with 255-35-20 falkens---selling my 18" zo6 chrome wheels---they are currently on ebay---got 5 with tires starting the bid at $499.00--better post this in the 4 sale section---c-ya

BlackHawk T/A
    Wow 20" is way too much wheel for these cars...and 255 is not enough tire IMO...

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

tire roast?

Ya i just hope i don't have trouble because i have eibach springs so it is a little lower and i just spent big dough on a zex wet nitrous kit with all accessories including rapid fire red illuminated purge so i should be pushing 450 hp to those big 20's i have ram air h.o. hood and cross drilled rotors and loudmouth exhaust too--maybe i will jet for the smallest gains and change wheels at the track---nothing to sticky---do not have enough for new axle yet---teehee---check ebay for "camaro firebird 5 ZO6" you could own nice wheel tire combo for as little as $637.00 shipped!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk T/A
    Wow 20" is way too much wheel for these cars...and 255 is not enough tire IMO...
    I have to agree. And seems like such a short tire wall would make it so easy to damage a wheel. But, hey, if that's what you want to try, have at it. Tell us how it all turns out.

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

i have had a 35 tire wall before with no problems but that was with a 275 width---wonder if there is a difference?--i definately agree that 20's are a "performance faux paux" but i just have to roll on dubs---for the track i'll throw on some nitto's or et streets ---just got finished repainting calipers red with the transam logo on each caliper and have new ceramic pads on with new drilled/slotted rotors up front---just waiting on wheels/tires--they are shipping out today from new york---remember guys--got great deal on ebay just type, "5 chrome ZO6" as little as $637.00 shipped for 18's

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Need pics of your new wheels. 20's are awful big.

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

i'll post pics

They are supposed to be shipping out today---first they said they were going out tuesday, (bought them yesterday) with 245-35-20 toyo proxy's on them---then they called back and said that they looked it up and my car would fit a wider tire so they put falken 255-35-20's on the wheels--thank goodness and that they were working on them right then and they would probably go out tommorrow--which is today---i'll post pics as soon as i get them---i just lowered the buy it now price on ebay for my 5 chrome ZO6 wheels all with 275-40-18's on them for a buy it now price of just $849.00 or the bidding starts at $499.00 and ends sunday

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar
    wow 20's.

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

I just checked and i do have 4 tracking numbers from u.p.s. now i'll have some good boxes to ship my ZO6 wheels and tires that i have on ebay out in---but my wheels might not come in boxes since they have tires mounted on them too---we'll see

1KBird
    I am in Iraq working now and have my car in a buddy's shop. We are going radical on the tires with Pirelli Pzero Rossos 345/25/20s in the rear and 305/25/19s up front. Got the idea from looking at a Carrera. Still looking into the right wheel/rims to purchase with this setup. With three inch sidewalls this Bird should be great fun to drive! Any suggestions on wheel manufactures?

2001 Pewter T/A WS6
    After all the work will push 1000hp to the ground.
    Got to have something to look forward to when I return!

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Hey 1KBIRD what part of Ga are you from. I from the Commerce area. 5 minutes from Atl dragstrip. Can't wait to hear about the mods to the TA.

1KBird
    This picture iforged.com/canyon1.jpg inspired the move to the 20 inch rims in the rear. Before I came to Iraq there was so much I wanted to do to the car. I worked with my friend and we would talk about the car all of the time. He has a 2002 Camero that he plans to overhaul. However, since I took the job in Iraq he agreed to work on my car with excellent labor rates. What a friend. He is having a great time trying to figure out what I want. I don't know nearly enough about the ride so I made the following goals for him to follow. He says he can do it all with the exception of anti-lock brakes and traction control. Then again who needs brakes and traction!

The Goals:
    - Very little increase in maintenance requirements
    - Bullet proof engine and drive train
    - Equally capable on the street or at the track
    - Remove one inch from that low spot that I have now
    - Capable of long distance driving/cruising without over stressing any components
    - Original functionality as much as possible (IE seat adjustability, four wheel anti-lock brakes, traction control, cruise control, A/C)
    - Low drive train and tire vibration
    - Stereo listening still a possibility
    - Gear selection
    - Wifeable
    - Picking the front tire off of the ground would be a fun goal as well

Things I would like to be able to do with the car when its done:
    - Enter one of those long distance desert races
    - Possibly do some cone racing
    - Take my daughter and nephew to the drag strip
    - Drive it on the highway without scraping bottom

Things I would like to see included in the overall plan:
    - Automatic transmission (Overdrive if Applicable)
    - Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft
    - Low maintenance super-charger like the pro-charger (you choose the model)
    - Medium range rear-end like a 3.73 for reduced noise

Things I am not too concerned with:
    - The internal arrangement after the front seats.

We previously agreed that 1,000HP would do the trick but we have decided to over engineer the car. Everything should be able to withstand 1,500HP with no problem if I ever decide to get serious.

Some of the parts that are rolling in now are:
    From A.R.T
    Frame rails 2” x 3” 010153
    Pro 4 Link 01070
    Pro Wishbone (controls side to side movement of rearend) 018592
    Afco double adjustable coilover shocks and springs-019488
    Wheel tubs (alum.) 24” x 40”
    2”x3”x 15’Frame rail connector material

From Chassisworks
    Anti roll control bar 6266
    Bar Adapter 6202
    1”x2” oval driveshaft loop 6039
    4130 Fabricated 9” housing for the rearend

Oh yeah, I am from St. Marys Ga. just north of the Ga/Fla line about 50 miles from Jacksonville. You may have heard of Kingsbay Naval Submarine Base.

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

well the 20" RVM spazios are installed and i have taken pictures and have downloaded them to my computer from my digital camera but i do not know how to post them on here--i can put them on ebay all day long---can someone help?

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

Hope they are true. I've worked on too many cars that people buy the wheels from e-bay or craigs list and have seen quite a few have a wobble. One set for an audi even had pinhole leaks in the barrel of 2 of the wheels. Hope you don't encounter this.

-00BlueTA

ls1freak
    camero hahahahahah

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

mine seem to be ok--i haven't gone over 45mph though got them on just before dark and the already have to come off after just 3 miles i noticed that i got 2 rolling in wrong direction and my left front brake is grabbing---i had put new pads on while i was waiting on rotors and painted the calipers maybe paint dried and has pad locked down on new cross drilled slotted rotor both pads and rotors are from ebay also as well as the 5 ZO6 wheels that i am selling on ebay right now and have had no problems from any of the wheels again if anyone can show me how to post pic i'll show the new 20's off

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

I have posted pics of new 20's www.msnusers.com/Richards99TransAm Just scroll down to bottom right to see them or click on pictures link on left when you get there.

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

i'll try to get better ones on today i took them with my digital camera set on Night by mistake and it slowed shutter speed and caused the blurred images

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

Ok i got better pics up this morning check wheels at www.msnusers.com/Richards99TransAm

1KBird

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by ls1freak
    camero hahahahahah
    Sorry….. No offense meant. Such a long post and tired fingers! I'm a newbie and kind of excited! Not much communication with the outside world.... Here is the wheel I am going with.

Forgeline SOP3s all around. Kind of pricey but nice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information