Impounded

HyperBlack/Machined Face with Black Vent Rims?

So after ordering Triple Chrome Plated rims (opening them only to find they were already bubbling and flaking) i have sent them back and my search continues...
    i have been told to stay away from chrome because my car is a DD and weather in indiana sucks.
    Many have recommended black. but i do not want all black (no offense to those who do have all black)

i have found three rims on OEWheels (is this company a good company to order from?)

Pick #1-- C6 Z06 Machined Face wth Black vents Replicas($459+s/h+black lugnuts)
    http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-fo...39462-2-1.html

Pick #2-- C5 Machined Face with Black vents Replicas($447+s/h+lugnuts)
    http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-fo...39431-2-1.html

Pick #3-- C6 Hyperblack with Machined lip Replicas
    ($449+s/h+lugnuts)
    http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-fo...39437-2-1.html

how shiney are the machined face/hyperblack finishes?
    how durible are these finishes? better than thriple plated chrome i hope? (im hoping to get 8-10 years out of these rims)
    would the black have a glossy appearence?

ill be ordering (4) 17x9.5s and the offsets are +54mm (which should fit without modifications on 275/40R17s)
    PICTURES WOULD BE AWESOME (i know theres a whole thread with photos but speed here is super slow! it would take hours to sort through all 20+ pages of pics!!!)

Opinions and Suggestions about these rims and others are welcome!
    Last edited by BashamWS6; 07-16-2010 at 11:17 PM.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

I ordered my wheels from oewheels and they are great. All the finishes that are not chrome are clear coated which will provide a very glossy finish. Mine are black with machined lip. The black is nice and shiney and the machined lip looks bright, just not as bright as chrome. I went with that combo because I don't want any chrome on the car. You will be happy buying from them
    2002 Camaro SS/M6. Volant CAI, 80mm TB w/spacer, cat delete w/ ory, borla XR-1 w/ cme, custom tune, 3.73's, 8,000k HID headlights and foglights, 19" staggered ruff 278 wheels.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

And typically clear coated wheels will last longer than triple plated chrome. The only way chrome lasts is if you spend a ton of money and have the rims chromed by a trusted company, then spend half your time keeping them clean, lol.

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

they are dirty, but i hope it helps, i think they are the same as the first ones you put up. the only thing i dont like about em is the lip isnt the same thickness all the way around. in the second picture look at the lip at 12oclock and at 9 oclock. they all balanced with less than 1 oz of weight though.

Impounded
    amazing. how hard is it to keep clean? and were u happy with quality?

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

other than the lip being different widths they've been fine. i usually wash my car like its a religion, but its been hot as balls lately so its just been sitting in the garage. every 10k miles when i rotate them i wash and wax the inside of the rim. the original rims i had on the car were eaten up on the inside, so hopefully this helps.

Impounded
    well well. this is a sharp car. and hardly no one has the mach'd face with black vents. ive seen a camaro with C6s machd and vented but this looks great.
    and i know what you mean. i wash mine once or twice a week. (normally handwahs but if im feeling lazy ill run it through a car wash.)
    Are Those Different Center Caps??

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

those are the caps it came with. they are plastic and have the vette emblem on it.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Im actually looking for your number 1 or a completely black c6 zo6 set. But Ill need something a bit wider for the back. Im thinking of the 18" that are 10.5 wide. Let me know any more info any of you guys have because this is the company I plan to go with too.

Impounded
    well im waiting to see what kind of money ill have by the time school starts.
    itll be close to $1500 to upgrade to 18s. Nittos are $208 a tire for 275/35R18s. im still searching for prices...two places ive looked wont even order that size.
    but itll be $621 to stay with 17s. but if i go all black ill have to get d/s rotors, repaint my calipers, and get lowering springs. $275 for stranos 1.2"/$250 for Hotchkis 1"
    but my rearend and tie rods might be going out....so that would fuck up my plans slightly

but will 275/40R18s work with a +56 offset without modifications/spacers/etc.
    and what if i lower it? will it rub then?
    Last edited by BashamWS6; 07-23-2010 at 07:46 AM.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by One_Bad_TA View Post
    Im actually looking for your number 1 or a completely black c6 zo6 set. But Ill need something a bit wider for the back. Im thinking of the 18" that are 10.5 wide. Let me know any more info any of you guys have because this is the company I plan to go with too.
    well OE Wheels is good so ive heard. im also highly considering black C6.
    but as for 10.5 in the back. i would like them too. but these tire are expensive enough for 275s...i couldnt imagine 295s or 315s

Thread Information