White
    2001 Camaro

Talking How big can you go?

Several questions here, and I'm sorry if I'm repeating a thread. I'm looking at purchasing a staggerd set of C6 Corvette rims. They would be 18X8.5 in the front, and 18X9.5 in the back. My question is what would be the best tire size to put on these wheels, and if I opted for putting 18X10.5 in the back, would they be too big and cause suspension problems. And what would be the ideal tires size for them? Also, the 18X8.5's in the front, will they mess up the turning of my Camaro or rub at all when I'm turning? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Camaro90; 03-30-2008 at 09:29 PM. Reason: forgot something

RED
    1996 Camaro SS

18X8.5 you can go with 255's and for 18X10.5 you can use 315's. That's the widest you can put on a 10.5 wide rim and be within the specs and not have problems... I had 11's in the rear on two different Camaro's and had no rubbing issues.

White
    2001 Camaro

Thanks a whole bunch. Now I can finally get proper pricing for my new set. I'm thinking of getting Goodyear Eagle F1 All Seasons.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

i'd say 18x10.5 on all 4 corners... so you can rotate them.
    Hold on a second... that's what I have on my street setup ;-)
    click link in signature.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Black
    02 Camaro SS

im using c6 rims 245/45/18 in front 295/35/19 in back with BFG T/A KDW they dont rub with 1 or 2 person in the car i had to get spacers for the back rims though but they are great plenty of traction and cornering ability and not to bad in water

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by blk_ss02 View Post
    im using c6 rims 245/45/18 in front 295/35/19 in back with BFG T/A KDW they dont rub with 1 or 2 person in the car i had to get spacers for the back rims though but they are great plenty of traction and cornering ability and not to bad in water
    I'm thinking of getting that size, did you have to do any other mods to get them to fit. How bad was the ride and speed difference?

Black
    02 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 00 formula View Post
    I'm thinking of getting that size, did you have to do any other mods to get them to fit. How bad was the ride and speed difference?
    no just need spacers for the rear wheels and as far is the ride goes its amazing no road noise, will not rub unless you have someone in the rear, the back tires will hook up instantly and cornering is a breeze, im very happy with them except for the price when i have to replace them $1200

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

sry to hijack, just a quick question.
    I'm looking to get some 17 chrome c6's. I'm either gonna get the same all around or go with staggered setup (width). Anyone know a good place to get say:
    17x8.5 and 17x10.5 chrome c6's. Ebay only has staggered like: 17, 18 and other sites i found don't sell replicas. Does anyone know a good site for wheels?

Thread Information