Results 1 to 11 of 11

Help with some rims.. Please =)

This is a discussion on Help with some rims.. Please =) within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Okay, hey all I am brand new to this forum but i would really like some help. I am totally ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4

    red
    1999

    Help with some rims.. Please =)

    Okay, hey all I am brand new to this forum but i would really like some help.

    I am totally clueless about tires, offset and all that other good stuff. I just want some help here, I found some C6 corvette black wheels on ebay =), they are cheap and nice looking. I just need some help with the selection of tires and if they will fit on my my 1999 camaro without any mods. I dont really care about street raceing and whatnot, i mean my car is only a v6. I just want it to look nice. I also would like some tires that will last awhile. If you could get me your suggested tire size and maybe where to get them. and also if i need any spacers and whatever else you would suggest.

    Here is the link to my ebay page that i found. They are awsome looking lol

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

  2. #2
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Those wheels look pretty sweet.

    However, be advised that they are Corvette offset, not F-body offset. Meaning they will stick out further than the stock wheels. However, some people prefer that look, since the stock wheels are pretty far tucked in. Corvette offset should be +40mm, F-body is 56mm. Meaning the Corvette wheels will stick out 16mm further than your stock wheels.

    Too see what that looks like, check out this thread:

    Brake upgrade Problem

    Looks fine to me. However, thats a T/A, being that yours is a V6 the wheels may apppear to be further out due to your bumper design.

    For front tires, I'd reccommend 245/18. For rear, I'd say 285/19 or 295/19. Then just choose which ever aspect ratio you prefer, that will determine tire sidewall height.

  3. #3
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    ugh, i didnt even need to wait to see they were black vette rims. vette rims look like ass on f-bodys and belong on vettes.

    dont do whateveryone else and their mom does. set yourself apart and find a GOOD looking set or rims for your car...

  4. #4
    Member 28Marcos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SATX
    Age
    34
    Posts
    375

    Pewter
    99 Z/28

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    dont do whateveryone else and their mom does. set yourself apart and find a GOOD looking set or rims for your car...
    I've been looking for rims that will set my car apart for a while now and the only ones i come across are either vette rims or what i've already seen a 100 times. And I don't really want to spend 2G's right now either. any recommendations to where to look?

  5. #5
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 28Marcos View Post
    I've been looking for rims that will set my car apart for a while now and the only ones i come across are either vette rims or what i've already seen a 100 times. And I don't really want to spend 2G's right now either. any recommendations to where to look?
    Don't listen to the haters, Vette rims looks great on F-bods.

    The rims you picked are pretty uncommon as well, I haven't seen an F-body with those rims yet. I think they would look good.

    Theres a reason a lot of people go with Vette rims for Camaros and Firebirds, they look damn good and are affordable.

    Not everyone has $2-$4K to drop on Forged BBS wheels.

  6. #6
    Member Transambroli's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ft Washington MD
    Age
    31
    Posts
    126

    arctic white
    99 Trans am

    You will probably need a 1.25" spacer for the rear to get em to fit; 245/40/18 F and 285 or 295/35/19 tires for the rear. Don't really like those wheels though; I prefer a deep lip wheel. But those are pretty cheap and will look better than stock 16inchers. I get my tires from tirerack; oh and 19" tires cost$$$$$$

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4

    red
    1999

    Awsome help guys, that did help clear alot up also, thanks. But is there any certain brand that goes along way for the cash? And maybe a good site other than tirebarn/tirerack lol??

    Also i am only doing vet rims cuss, well... they look badass. Thats the bottom line to it. hah

    Are you sure i would need a spacer for the rear? Iv seen wider rims in the rear that 10's and i dont bieleve they had a spacer... Im pretty sure the brakes and everything will be okay?!?

    Ya and iv noticed 19 inch wheels are gunna deff. break the bank for acouple of weeks lol.. but ohh well

  8. #8
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 1999cam6 View Post
    Awsome help guys, that did help clear alot up also, thanks. But is there any certain brand that goes along way for the cash? And maybe a good site other than tirebarn/tirerack lol??

    Also i am only doing vet rims cuss, well... they look badass. Thats the bottom line to it. hah

    Are you sure i would need a spacer for the rear? Iv seen wider rims in the rear that 10's and i dont bieleve they had a spacer... Im pretty sure the brakes and everything will be okay?!?

    Ya and iv noticed 19 inch wheels are gunna deff. break the bank for acouple of weeks lol.. but ohh well
    Check out Lake Shore Wheel and Tire and OEWheelsLLC.com

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4

    red
    1999

    Awsome, i got on OEwheels and found the same package of rims, but still no tire package, but oh well, ima give them a call and see what they have to say..

  10. #10
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Don't listen to the haters, Vette rims looks great on F-bods.

    The rims you picked are pretty uncommon as well, I haven't seen an F-body with those rims yet. I think they would look good.

    Theres a reason a lot of people go with Vette rims for Camaros and Firebirds, they look damn good and are affordable.

    Not everyone has $2-$4K to drop on Forged BBS wheels.
    it has nothing to do with 'hating' it's about what looks good and good design. its about complimenting as a whole, not something as a tacky 'after thought', which sticks out like a sore thumb. the people who understand what im saying, who understand good design will get where im coming from...

    vette wheels simply do not flow with the lines of f-body's. i agree they are affordable rims (why everyone and their mom settles to get them), but that doesnt make up for poor taste in wheel selection. they are extremely over-done, and boring to see on f-bodies anymore...

    i also agree that people need to 're-think' wheels when they choose to drop $2-4k on a set of wheels. i for one will never do such a thing. BBS/CCW or whatever is still too much bling and the style(s) are way to busy screaming 'look at me'!!! again though, their choice and if dropping that amount of $$$ makes them happy then that's all that matters...

    OP, if you like the wheels, get them, that's what matters in the end...

    for those that would like other options consider (for under $2k/set):

    Axis Hiro's
    Smoothie II's
    Junkyard Dogs
    ROH RT
    Last edited by SSwt00SS; 06-25-2009 at 09:57 AM.

  11. #11
    Member Transambroli's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ft Washington MD
    Age
    31
    Posts
    126

    arctic white
    99 Trans am

    Yup for the oem size vette wheel you'll need atleast a 1" spacer for the rear. Discounttire is another good tire site. Some said Lakeshorewheel and tire I'd stay away from them. OEWheelsLLC is good though.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Black ZR1 rims or Black C5Z06 rims
    By karpetcm in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 04:39 PM
  2. Wanted: Rims or Rims/Tires Combo
    By BadBlueBird* in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 07:33 AM
  3. F/S OEM Vette Rims 18"..all four rims
    By 94 Formula in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 07:25 PM
  4. rims and info on rims for 99 ta
    By raw122 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 06:17 AM
  5. Ws6 rims or 16' chrome t/a rims
    By MapleredT/a in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-19-2006, 04:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •