00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Help Me Choose Tires for my DD

Ive got 18" wheels. . . the cars a daily driver, and I've always bought cheap ass tires (sometimes used ones). The rims are only 8" wide so I'm just putting 245/40/18's all around. I'm lookin at G Force TA KDW 2's or Eagle F1 All Seasons as my tops choices. Any recommendations?
    I'm lookin for just an overall good wearing tire, but still have enough bite and wet traction when needed.
    2000 TA, A4, LS6 intake, Magnaflow, WS9 hood, BMR STB, UMI boxed SFC, Spohn LCA, 9" Ford
    1998 TA Vert,​ NBM, M6, Flowmaster, WS6 hood, WS6 airbox, C6 wheels, UMI SFC, BMR STB
    1998 Bird, Black, V6, A4, 18" 077's, Wings West Body Kit
    1980 Formula, NBM, 402BB, cam, DR timing, LT headers, 3" TD w/ flowmasters, TH350
    1980 TA, Black, 301, bone stock

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

I run these on my 1999 and am very happy. Only have about 5000 miles on them. They look like new.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

I'm running Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. I wouldn't have bought them myself, but they came on a set of wheels I bought. I actually like them alot. They seem to hook well when it's dry, and they have great wet traction. I have to drive agressively to break them loose when wet, and they have not hydroplaned even once, and that's with some heavy rain we've had lately. Pretty good for a 275/40, IMO.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Nitto 555's.

They ride nicely, are very quiet, and best of all they hook very well. They are also relatively inexpensive compared to other ultra performance summer tires.

i like the michelins, but they seem a little pricier than the two im lookin at
    i was thinkin the nittos as a third choice. . . any recommendations where to buy at? i usually use tire rack . . .
    heres a comparision of the g forces and the f1's:
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...&startIndex=10

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

I have The KDW 2s on my 18x9s (275s)and love them. As far as driving in the rain they have good traction. I was driving down the interstate with the flow of traffic (70mph) in a med. fall rain storm last year and I didn't fell her slide at at all. I even rolled on the gas a few times just to see how the grip was and they stuck.
    Gotta love the tread pattern also.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan99 View Post
    I have The KDW 2s on my 18x9s (275s)and love them. As far as driving in the rain they have good traction. I was driving down the interstate with the flow of traffic (70mph) in a med. fall rain storm last year and I didn't fell her slide at at all. I even rolled on the gas a few times just to see how the grip was and they stuck.
    Gotta love the tread pattern also.

Ryan
    i love the tread pattern. . . all the ratings seem very good on them on tirerack . . . however many reviews complain about the road noise after a few thousand miles. . . any thoughts on that? could be that a lot of people just dont rotate or get they're car aligned.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

I don't hear tire noise. But that could be because all I listen to is my exhaust. I have about 6000 on my tires.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

If you want to hear tire noise, you shoud hear the tires I have on my GTP. Bridgstone Potenza G9s. It was so bad I though my front wheel brearings went out. I replaced both front brearings and the noise is still there.
    My buddy had them (G9s) on is Regal GS and coudn't stand it anymore so he replaced them.

hmmm. . . well thats good to hear. . . im still undecided. the bf goodrich g force ss as's have become another possiblity . . .kinda the all season version of the kdw 2's
    the g force sports are up ther too. . . too many damn choices

red
    2002 z/28

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    Ive got 18" wheels. . . the cars a daily driver, and I've always bought cheap ass tires (sometimes used ones). The rims are only 8" wide so I'm just putting 245/40/18's all around. I'm lookin at G Force TA KDW 2's or Eagle F1 All Seasons as my tops choices. Any recommendations?
    I'm lookin for just an overall good wearing tire, but still have enough bite and wet traction when needed.
    for drivers who want to get the most out of their cars its bridgestone or nothing.no really i run bridgestone re050 and love them to death

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    i like the michelins, but they seem a little pricier than the two im lookin at

Yeah, that's why I said I wouldn't have bought them myself...they're great tires, but at $240/ea at Tire Rack they'd better be!!

I paid about half that for mine...and they came with wheels!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

im running TOYO PROXES 4`s on my 18`s & 19`s & im happy(originally i wanted goodyear f1`s but they`re too overpriced & wear quickly),great tire,aggressive tread pattern,moderately priced.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelinchains View Post
    im running TOYO PROXES 4`s on my 18`s & 19`s & im happy(originally i wanted goodyear f1`s but they`re too overpriced & wear quickly),great tire,aggressive tread pattern,moderately priced.
    how much do they run? well the f1 all seasons are only 164 so thats not too bad.

any more input fellers . . . im orderin today . . tired of runnin one stocker on the rear because that tire was so bad

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

i bought mine when i got my wheels so im unsure on their price.proxes 4`s should be alittle cheaper than the f1`s though...and theyre made specifically for plus-size wheels.

welp i went cheaper . . . the reviews on the general exclaim uhp's were about the same if not better in some areas of my other top choices, and they were only $119 a piece. . . saved me $250 bucks after it was all said in done compaired to what the g force kdw's would have cost . . . .thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Thread Information