White
    2002 Firehawk

Firehawk chrome rims pitting and chrome flaking...

Hey guys i'm hoping you can send me in the right direction. The rims on my new firehawk ('02) are pitting real bad and where the chrome starts it's bubbling more than i'll tollerate. Is there a way to bring them back to life??
    Also I did some looking around to buy a new set and came up empty, any help here?? I can get pictures for ya but i'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about.
    Thanks
    Jay

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 02hawk0039 View Post
    Hey guys i'm hoping you can send me in the right direction. The rims on my new firehawk ('02) are pitting real bad and where the chrome starts it's bubbling more than i'll tollerate. Is there a way to bring them back to life??
    Also I did some looking around to buy a new set and came up empty, any help here?? I can get pictures for ya but i'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about.
    Thanks
    Jay
    you will have to have them rechromed and that gets pricey. As for buying a new set that's going to be damn near impossible. Those wheels are extremely hard to find used.
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

re-chrome, or find your self some other wheels....like I did.
    Regards,
    Todd

#cajunhotrodder on instagram

White
    2002 Firehawk

that sucks either way, costly if i re-chrone and i'm sure it will be as costly to get my hands on a used set from someone somewhere.

Happen to know if a place that does rechromine of wheels??

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

that sucks either way, costly if i re-chrone and i'm sure it will be as costly to get my hands on a used set from someone somewhere.

Happen to know if a place that does rechromine of wheels??
    re-chroming is going to be your best bet. i doubt u find a used set of OEM firehawk wheels for a reasonable price let alone at all. you will have to do some research to find some reputable shops in your area.

White
    2002 Firehawk

thanks guys...let the search begin lol

Black
    2000 Firehawk.

I say rechrome, chances are if you find another set, they will have the same problem.

White
    2002 Firehawk

What kind of price are we talking for rechroming? $1000 for a set? Anyone know a place that does chroming of wheels locally or across the country??

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I've heard that for a good rechrome they have to be sent to the west coast. No one around here does a good job. At least this is what a reputable wheel refinisher told me. They ship all theirs out there. I have a mint set of chrome Firehawk wheels. Never thought about selling em. I'd prolly want about what I payed for em.

NAVY BLUE
    2002 FIREHAWK

Thanks
    Jay
    I bought a 2002 Firehawk last March. Wheels are in good shape except for some flaking in one spot on each one. I researched some chrome replating places in Phoenix area where I live and they will do it if the wheels aren't pitted or dented, etc. They want about $200 per wheel. Since I can't find new exact replacements, I will probably have them rechromed.
    chitownkid.

White
    1998 Trans Am

If you have them rechromed i would ask if there is a warranty and that should tell you whether or not they stand behind their work.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Black
    2000 Firehawk.

If you get them rechromed, Pay to have the damage fixed and smoothed out, otherwise they will just chrome over the pitted area and you will still see where the problem was, Ask me how I know.

NAVY BLUE
    2002 FIREHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by cheetoh View Post
    If you get them rechromed, Pay to have the damage fixed and smoothed out, otherwise they will just chrome over the pitted area and you will still see where the problem was, Ask me how I know.
    how do you know? Also, I was looking to get the passenger door interior panel replaced (the plastic is cracked where it meets the window -- I've seen it on other Firebirds -- seems to be an area of lots of stress) -- do you or anybody have suggestions? I would also like to get the front buckets redone, not rips but it is worn. Any suggestions?
    thanks.

NAVY BLUE
    2002 FIREHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by cheetoh View Post
    check out my Hawk at Firehawk Org website. I'm #0046 from 2002. These are Morrison Motors pics (dealership I bought car from in NC -- I had car trucked to AZ). I need to upload more recent ones pics. My AZ license plate says "HAWK TA". I was wanted "02 HAWK" or "02 FHAWK" but they were taken.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by chitownkid View Post
    how do you know? Also, I was looking to get the passenger door interior panel replaced (the plastic is cracked where it meets the window -- I've seen it on other Firebirds -- seems to be an area of lots of stress) -- do you or anybody have suggestions? I would also like to get the front buckets redone, not rips but it is worn. Any suggestions?
    thanks.
    might wanna post these kinds of questions in the specific forum relating to them or search them. you will get more answers to them there.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by chitownkid View Post
    thanks.
    I had the wear on the driver seat edge they used a special putty and grained it to match and the redyed the seat and it looked.new.

NAVY BLUE
    2002 FIREHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    might wanna post these kinds of questions in the specific forum relating to them or search them. you will get more answers to them there.
    thx

Bright Red
    1998 Camaro SS

La wheel

Thanks
    Jay
    Do a search for LA Wheel located in Canoga Park, CA. They are doing my wheels for 140.00 a wheel. The pitting is from road salt or brake dust according to LA Wheel.

Black
    2000 Firehawk.

When you get them back let us know how they look, Until then good luck.

Thread Information