Thread: Eagle F1 GS D3s

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Eagle F1 GS D3s

Anyone running these? I've got a few buddies running these on 'vettes that are very pleased with them. They highly recommended them. I read reviews from multiple tire sites, and they all seem to rate them very high for traction, handling, ride, and road noise.

I was eyeing BFG T/A Drs and Nitto 55rs, but this may be a better street tire.

pie
    free

Good luck getting your hands on them.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

yup.

they are hard to come by in some sizes

but i have had mine for 1.5 years and they are great.
    a little hard on rough roads but nice tire. when they are wet they stick like glue. so no problems when its raining

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Sams carries them in 275 or 285/40/17s, for $234 each. Supposedly they give you great traction without sacrificing the handling/ride like DRs.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I have Eagle F1 GS tires on my car, 245/45/17 up front and 285/40/17 out back.

They have incredible traction when the pavement is warm and dry. You can take off as fast as you want and they just stick. Even if you launch hard they just bark a few times and you're off

They also offer great traction in the rain. They handle better in the rain than many tires do on dry pavement, its great. The V tread pattern just sheds water like nothing.

As for handling, its excellent as well. The tires have a ton of grip around turns, especially on clean, smooth surfaces.

However, after driving with them this winter in the cold, let me tell you that these are not meant for tempurates below about 45 degrees. When its very cold, like 20 degrees out, the spin like you're driving on ice. You can't hook worth a damn, even punching it in 2nd gear at 40MPH will result in uncontrollable wheel spin.

For the other 3 seasons though, they are great. I highly reccommend them to anyone looking for a high performance tire thats good for both hooking up as well as handling.

silver
    2002 z-28

ive had mine for over a year......what everyone else has said is true....awesome tire..... id have to dissagree on the traction....when it falls below 32 degrees.....dont mash on the go pedal cause you will go sideways but in the summer these fuckers stick like glue.....take an off ramp as fast as u dare and they wont make a bit of noise!.......expensive rubber ...but you get what ya pay for

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 2002Z View Post
    ive had mine for over a year......what everyone else has said is true....awesome tire..... id have to dissagree on the traction....when it falls below 32 degrees.....dont mash on the go pedal cause you will go sideways but in the summer these fuckers stick like glue.....take an off ramp as fast as u dare and they wont make a bit of noise!.......expensive rubber ...but you get what ya pay for
    Exactly my experience. You're right on the noise too, these tires are quiet. You can light em up or go around a corner sideways, and they won't make a hint of squeal. Its pretty amazing

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

yea, take the car to top speed with these tires and you wont hear much for tire noise.

also i moved my car in winter once and these tires were the worst tire in the world on ice / snow

completely useless. but they are not ment for all seasons.

Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I just ordered a set from discounttiredirect.com hopefully they dont give me the damn runaround on getting some

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Got the 285/40ZR17 Eagle F1 GS-D3s installed the other day. They're GREAT ! No more traction issues . I can feather into full throttle right off the line now. No more burnouts at 40mph! I get a light 'chirp' going into second, and about a half spin off the line, but that's it. I can floor it from a 20mph roll with almost no slippage! The road noise was also reduced unbelievably. Anyone looking for a good street tire I HIGHLY recommend these tires (unless you drive your car in the snow/ice).

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by GABRIELLI01SS View Post
    I just ordered a set from discounttiredirect.com hopefully they dont give me the damn runaround on getting some
    Mine took about a week to get here. Goodyear has them on backorder. Evidently they are a very popular tire. The dealer I went to get mine said he puts them on almost every Corvette they do. I can see why now...

Pewter
    2001 Z28

I have 4 f1 gs d3 tires for sale. 16 inch, put about 2000 miles on them, GREAT tread left. 100.00 each plus what ever the shipping is.

2001 Black SS #5228

Just mounted mine as well, love 'em. Here is my thread on them.
    http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48800

Thread Information