let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

drag wheels...what do I need

ok I am finally getting my own drag wheels. probably in the next 2 weeks. what would I need in the front for my "skinnies" I am not modifying my breaks, because I will only have these wheels on it when I am going to the strip. what type of tires would I put on theses too?

also in the back is there any reason I would want to buy anything special for the wheels. would some 16 inch salad shooters work for a 255 50 16 bfg drag radial? is there any gain from something different?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

what you gain is less weight or a wider rim over salad shooters, i'm sure they're not too heavy but a set of aluminium wheels would be better for drags,

also, i wouldnt waste your time on skinnies for the front, you're not gonna be running times that will really be in that realm, i mean sure they'll prob help u, but my personal advice is to just get a set of slicks / radials and 2 rims for the back

10's N/A

Skinnies can aid in weight transfer as well as help with weight reduction. I'd say if you can afford them get them.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea man , not to bust on ya but, i do not think you should be modding your car for another 18 years or so if ya know what i mean

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    yea man , not to bust on ya but, i do not think you should be modding your car for another 18 years or so if ya know what i mean
    please explain?

white
    94 camaro z28

just because I have a kid on the way? I am enjoying what I can. my fiance is letting me do stuff with my car still as long as I don't spend too much on it and don't sacrifice her or the child's welfare for it. we budgeted so that we both have 700 dollars a month that we can spend on fun thing for ourselves. it's even more if I work over time, which this week I had 8 hours of. I am enjoying the money I have made over what I need to keep for the child. I am looking at drag wheels, because I can't get a 60' worth shit on my tires and wheels. I ran over half a second faster when I used a friend's drag wheels on my car with basic drag radials. I am looking at that as my next mod because of that.

white
    94 camaro z28

what you gain is less weight or a wider rim over salad shooters, i'm sure they're not too heavy but a set of aluminium wheels would be better for drags,

also, i wouldnt waste your time on skinnies for the front, you're not gonna be running times that will really be in that realm, i mean sure they'll prob help u, but my personal advice is to just get a set of slicks / radials and 2 rims for the back
    the reason I would use salad shooters is they are pretty light and I can get them for like 50 bucks a piece.

what would be a good set of wheels for the back and what would be a skinny wheel that would work?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Skinnies help alot with weight transfer/reduction. They also leave a narrower trail of water from the water box that your rear tires drive over. Get some Weld Skinnies. 15x3.5 with a 5/16th spacer. I would also get some 15x8/15x10s for the rears too and just grind the calipers down. I got my whole set of fronts, rears, tires, spacers and lugs for $800 off a local board. http://www.freewebs.com/casper9t9/dragwheelinfo.htm
    Last edited by INMY01TA; 05-05-2008 at 03:20 PM.

Thread Information