Black
    1996 Trans am

Drag Tire Question?

Ok well i am gonna race my 96 trans am this weekend, and i am wanting some slicks for the rear tires and some rims, so what size do i need to get, and it isnt tubed out , its a street car so i need to know what kind or actually what size to get, please let me know asap cause its this friday

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

This might be better suited for wheel and tire section. However, I would be reluctant to get slicks if you still have a stock rear. Drag radial would be pushing it especially if it is an m6. I just think you should know that. But 15in rims should clear the rear rotors without a problem and 10in wide should work well but i am not too familiar with the third gens. Weld five stars are pretty low weight I believe, as for DR's the best I have seen tested are the Mickey Thompson ET Radials. You can really get some high rpm launches with them, so again i would be reluctant to get those without a reenforced rearend. I have also heard thing about the Nitto 555r as an all around summer time time to take to and from the track.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

If you have never ran a slick befor i would be careful, its a whole different world. Personaly i would reccomend you go with some Decent Drag Radials... Can keep your stock rim and just pick up some drag radials...
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Black
    1996 Trans am

well yes i still have my stock rearend, well drag radials would be fine with me , i have some z06 black rims on right now with nitto extreme 555 on them...i havent raced with them but i might try then and see how they work but thanks ...alot

Slowass SUX!!

09 Sierra Denali AWD
    2001 T/A WS6 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by camarostripes96 View Post
    well yes i still have my stock rearend, well drag radials would be fine with me , i have some z06 black rims on right now with nitto extreme 555 on them...i havent raced with them but i might try then and see how they work but thanks ...alot
    I have Mickey Thompson Street ET radials and they hook good with stock rear....just enough to hook and not tear up anything.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 2001ws6 View Post
    I have Mickey Thompson Street ET radials and they hook good with stock rear....just enough to hook and not tear up anything.
    How many times have you run with them? What were the track conditions like? when i was checking out the trial they were launching the car at like 3500, I just can't see a stocker holding up on that for long.

Thread Information