NBM M6
    2000 SS

Does anyone have this problem......

The inside of my rims got pitted, or some type of black spots. I have chrome Z06 rims only a year old. I took off a rim today and wet sanded it then applied some mothers to try to shine it up. Did not work very well. Why does this happen to the back of the rims and does anyone have any suggestions to clean it up?

black
    2002 WS6

most likely a poor chrome plating job.
    who was the supplier??

NBM M6
    2000 SS

ya that is what I thought. It was Lakeshore wheels in Holland Michigan. I called them and they told me to ship the rim back them they would consider replacing it. The lady told me that they could deny the claim due to brake dust, snow, ice, or salt on the road. I told her it was crazy to pay for shipping then them deny the claim then pay shipping to get it back.

I will never buy rims from them again. THEY SUX

black
    2002 WS6

I was always led to believe these replica wheels had a "one" year warrranty . almost 2 years ago i purchased a set of Iroc chrome rims from Discount tire & they replaced them twice in one year, Choming -- not a 3 step process --copper , nickel ^ then chroming --to me it was nickel & then chrome, it was so -so thin that you could see the nickel , I had NO problem the first replacement but the 2nd, i had to argue like hell with them , No reason for it but it was100% obvious that it was a piss poor plating job, These rims were on my2001 S10 & was a summer vehicle only.
    i was considering buying from Lakeshore a set ofZ06 for my 2002 WS6 But i think i will purchase from OE wheels, The rims are manufactured there so will question them on their quality & warranty, If i like what i hear from them i will purchase & if not --then may go for a set of CC Wheels -custom made to fit!! More money but a pure quality product!!

NBM M6
    2000 SS

Thats funny cause on my 99z that I sold, I bought the Z06 rims from OE rims off of ebay and they were very very good quality!!! I dont know why I went with Lakeshore but I regret it. Next time I will go back to OE rims.

black
    2002 WS6

Oe rims are chromed properly- 1st layer is copper plated, then nickel plated-then chrome plated, the replica rims are sold as triple chrome plated. Thats crap!! No wonder tjey have problems

Thread Information