Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 339
Like Tree2Likes

do anyone have 315s out back on a f-body?

This is a discussion on do anyone have 315s out back on a f-body? within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by tatertot91 you know having them widened means your wheels are going to be pushed inward and you'd ...

  1. #241
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    you know having them widened means your wheels are going to be pushed inward and you'd have to space the wheels outward right
    Yes.

  2. #242
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Yes.
    On that kind of power
    Would love to see you're car on widened 10 spoke LE wheels though

  3. #243
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    On that kind of power
    Would love to see you're car on widened 10 spoke LE wheels though
    Is there such a thing as "ARP Super Long Wheel Studs"? If I do widen my wheels then I would look into buying something like that and 35th-ANV-SS should too

  4. #244
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Is there such a thing as "ARP Super Long Wheel Studs"? If I do widen my wheels then I would look into buying something like that and 35th-ANV-SS should too
    He knows he wants to buy some IForged Senekas
    He'd have no problem hooking on 335s

    I just happen to have a set for sale

  5. #245
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fulton,MO
    Posts
    3

    Yellow
    2002 CETA

    315/35/17 on american racing torque thrust M 17X10.5 wheels (rear) 275/40/17 front

  6. #246
    Junior Member thiscatiskool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    80

    Silver
    2002 Trans Am

    one question for those that have broke their rear end with the 315s. U using a manual with some heavy launches or maybe a stalled auto? I dont think a stock stall put that much stress on the rear. The reason i ask is b/c the next set im looking to get will have 315s out back so i was just wondering.

  7. #247
    Member bberretta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    665

    Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

    Put it this way- I went through my second rear less than two weeks after putting the 315's on my M6.
    2000 Pontiac Firehawk #0041 of 742

  8. #248
    Junior Member thiscatiskool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    80

    Silver
    2002 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by bberretta View Post
    Put it this way- I went through my second rear less than two weeks after putting the 315's on my M6.
    haha thats crazy, but i have the stock stall and might track the car one time a year! so its just street use?

  9. #249
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by bberretta View Post
    Put it this way- I went through my second rear less than two weeks after putting the 315's on my M6.
    well this outta be interesting haha

  10. #250
    Member fastt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    324

    white
    2002 z28 camaro

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by thiscatiskool View Post
    one question for those that have broke their rear end with the 315s. U using a manual with some heavy launches or maybe a stalled auto? I dont think a stock stall put that much stress on the rear. The reason i ask is b/c the next set im looking to get will have 315s out back so i was just wondering.
    Thats a good question.I just put some 315 on the back of my camaro with a 3600 stall and i hope i dont break nothing. I dont race my car that much but it good to know.

  11. #251
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    I've been lucky so far. I've had my 315's for about 50k or so now, looking at 203k on a stock rear. The only difference being these Forgelines only weigh ~17 pounds apiece. The weight of the wheel does make a difference. I've done some hard launches and a few burnouts. Nothing major, but we are talking about a 10-bolt notorious for exploding on stock power. I can only say that I've been lucky.

    2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

  12. #252
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    23
    1998 Firebird Formula`

    Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Looks good man! Haha, I would have no problem taking a silver ws6 for my formy

  13. #253
    Member bberretta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    665

    Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

    Artic's right- the C6 knock offs that came on my car are quite heavy, so they sure didn't help. I had my stock rear rebuilt (3.73 Richmond gear, all new bearings, Moser aluminum cover, Moser bearing cap studs) in November of 2009, the clutch in December of 2009, and the tires in July of 2010. Less than three weeks later I'm selling my soul and ordering a MidWest Chassis 9". Add together a new clutch and tires that actually grip, the rear just bit it quick. Split the posi nearly in half. I think that these cars have a bit of built in give- the 275's don't always hook up under launch and traction control saves the rear from too much abuse. You make it hook up and the weakest link in the chain is going to snap- in my case, the posi.

  14. #254
    Member BrntWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Land of the FOID
    Posts
    330

    SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq


  15. #255
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    23
    1998 Firebird Formula`

    ^^

  16. #256
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    On that kind of power
    Would love to see you're car on widened 10 spoke LE wheels though
    OK maybe I'm not up to speed on wheel spacing as I'll admit I've never read up on it.

    Why can't I have my wheels widened from a 17X9 to a 17X10 so I can put a 315 tire on?

    Will the tire/wheel rub on something on the inner part? I am guessing yes, but I swore I've seen multiple people buy a 17X10 or 17X11 wheel putting down big numbers.

    With my current 275 tire, I have all kinds of room towards the outside before it even comes close to the fender.

  17. #257
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    OK maybe I'm not up to speed on wheel spacing as I'll admit I've never read up on it.

    Why can't I have my wheels widened from a 17X9 to a 17X10 so I can put a 315 tire on?

    Will the tire/wheel rub on something on the inner part? I am guessing yes, but I swore I've seen multiple people buy a 17X10 or 17X11 wheel putting down big numbers.

    With my current 275 tire, I have all kinds of room towards the outside before it even comes close to the fender.

    17x11 wheels have an offset to compensate for the extra width, meaning the wheel pushes toward the outside of the fender a bit. Your 17.9's don't and can't have that offset when widened, because it's basically a lateral change in the position of your inner wheel and lug holes. You would have to compensate that with spacers I believe.

    Somebody correct me if I'm way off base, but it's how I recall the things I've read up on. I was going to widen my ZR1's at one time.

  18. #258
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    You would need wheel adapters. if you used spacers you'd need hardened wheel studs if you don't have em. Widening the wheel increases your offset so the wheel will rub on the inner fender, you'd have to find the right size adapter.. I really don't know what kind of power they can hold up to though

  19. #259
    Member fastt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    324

    white
    2002 z28 camaro

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    17x11 wheels have an offset to compensate for the extra width, meaning the wheel pushes toward the outside of the fender a bit. Your 17.9's don't and can't have that offset when widened, because it's basically a lateral change in the position of your inner wheel and lug holes. You would have to compensate that with spacers I believe.

    Somebody correct me if I'm way off base, but it's how I recall the things I've read up on. I was going to widen my ZR1's at one time.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. Thats what was told to me when i was going to have my 10 spoke cut. so i went ahead and got me some 17x11 ZR1s.

  20. #260
    Member fastt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    324

    white
    2002 z28 camaro

    Thumbs up

    Since i started this Thread its only right that i show you guys my 315s
    I would like to thank all you guys for showing off your F-bodys with 315s on the back of them.



Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Back in an F-BODY!! Who still owns one?
    By BadBlueBird* in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 03:36 PM
  2. Back from the body shop
    By tcondra in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 06:57 PM
  3. Back in a F-body
    By 00ssSLP in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 05:01 PM
  4. Got my GTP back from the Body Shop
    By ls1camino in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 06:26 PM
  5. Back in an F body
    By SENN13 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 05:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •