Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 339
Like Tree2Likes

do anyone have 315s out back on a f-body?

This is a discussion on do anyone have 315s out back on a f-body? within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by tatertot91 chrome tips, they'd match better imo yea this is true. i'd just be scared of the ...

  1. #201
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    chrome tips, they'd match better imo
    yea this is true. i'd just be scared of the price to get them done and don't know where i would. hmm something to think about though and now i'm going to want to do it.

  2. #202
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    yea this is true. i'd just be scared of the price to get them done and don't know where i would. hmm something to think about though and now i'm going to want to do it.
    you'll thank me later

  3. #203
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    you'll thank me later
    well i am now going to look into it

  4. #204
    Member fastt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    324

    white
    2002 z28 camaro

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    Click for full size

    Click for full size

    those should look nice with this

    Click for full size

    im excited
    Those look real nice.

  5. #205
    Member bobbyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    143
    what do you guys think of the sumitomos 315's? i'm thinking about getting a pair for a set of black zr1's thta I got last week.

    i

  6. #206
    Member fastt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    324

    white
    2002 z28 camaro

    For the price you can not bet them, but porformace i dont know.

  7. #207
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    you get what you pay for

  8. #208
    Member bobbyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    143
    well i don't race the car so i dont want any racing wheels.

    mostly all the 315's ive seen are all nittos, bfgoodrich etc.

    seems like there's really no street tires except the sumi's.

    what would you guys go with?

  9. #209
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyd View Post
    well i don't race the car so i dont want any racing wheels.

    mostly all the 315's ive seen are all nittos, bfgoodrich etc.

    seems like there's really no street tires except the sumi's.

    what would you guys go with?
    the wheels i have pictured above are a street tire. yokohama or michelin ps2s are great street tires but have a price to match

  10. #210
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by fastt View Post
    Those look real nice.
    thanks man. looking forward to getting them on.

  11. #211
    Senior Member Tyler_LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canby, Oregon
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,121

    Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

    I have 315 sumitomos and they are pretty bad, you do get what you pay for. My almost bald 275 nt555s hook just as good

  12. #212
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    3

    Polo green black
    2000 z28 1994 z28

    Hello everyone Ian new to this hope to get some tips from you guys thanks

  13. #213
    Member fastt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    324

    white
    2002 z28 camaro

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony011 View Post
    Hello everyone Ian new to this hope to get some tips from you guys thanks
    Welcome to Ls1.com.

  14. #214
    Senior Member JoshuaGrooms83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    1,539

    Red
    98 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    I have 315 sumitomos and they are pretty bad, you do get what you pay for. My almost bald 275 nt555s hook just as good
    I will admit, sumi's arnt very good on traction at high speed but in a pinch and street driving only they are an ok tire. the fact that you can get a set of 275 and 315s for $400 is an excellent bargain for tires when your fancy race tires are all bald from silly burn outs and spinning every green light you can find and money seem sto be a bit tight all of a sudden lol

  15. #215
    Senior Member Tyler_LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canby, Oregon
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,121

    Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    I will admit, sumi's arnt very good on traction at high speed but in a pinch and street driving only they are an ok tire. the fact that you can get a set of 275 and 315s for $400 is an excellent bargain for tires when your fancy race tires are all bald from silly burn outs and spinning every green light you can find and money seem sto be a bit tight all of a sudden lol

    ya i agree, for what they are, the sumi's arnt bad. there great to get you by as a decent street tire for the money, i was just comparing them performance wise and we all can agree the 315s look killer on fbodys

  16. #216
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    42

    BLACK
    1999 camaro ss

    i jus put a set of 315/35/17 nitto drags radials on 17x11 tt2's the other day and they look great. ive got lca's, and relocations brackets with the bmr 1.25 drop. no clearance issues here. i will post up a pic tomorrow. they look sick and ride great imo.

  17. #217
    Member bobbyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    143
    well im stuck in what tires to get.

    sumitomo. nitto 555 or nitto 555r.

    555r are narrow correct? and 555 will last longer?

  18. #218
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyd View Post
    well im stuck in what tires to get.

    sumitomo. nitto 555 or nitto 555r.

    555r are narrow correct? and 555 will last longer?
    Sumitomos suck. My 555r's do look thinner than my 555's did, but that is just based on what I see and not actual measurements and yes 555 will last longer.

  19. #219
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    42

    BLACK
    1999 camaro ss

    heres my nitto 315/35/17 next to my cooper 275's for some comparison and to show how thin the nittos really run






  20. #220
    Member fastt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    324

    white
    2002 z28 camaro

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by bgon99ss View Post
    heres my nitto 315/35/17 next to my cooper 275's for some comparison and to show how thin the nittos really run


    Click for full size


    Click for full size
    Those look real nice on the back of her bro.I see what you mean about how small the nittos run.
    Last edited by fastt; 03-23-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Back in an F-BODY!! Who still owns one?
    By BadBlueBird* in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 03:36 PM
  2. Back from the body shop
    By tcondra in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 06:57 PM
  3. Back in a F-body
    By 00ssSLP in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 05:01 PM
  4. Got my GTP back from the Body Shop
    By ls1camino in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 06:26 PM
  5. Back in an F body
    By SENN13 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 05:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •