Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

DD tires?

This is a discussion on DD tires? within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by JayTA98 thanks. for the info. So i guess I have to stick with the Z rating then. ...

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    thanks. for the info. So i guess I have to stick with the Z rating then.
    I would say v, w, y, or z. A "V" is rated up to 149 MPH. How many times are you going to be crusing over 149 MPH? I've always been told the speed rating is basicly how well the tire handels heat. So a tire rated at 149 would be ok if you made a quick run up above its limit as long as you didn't hold that speed for a long time and build up heat. With that being said, I am not a tire tech and if your tire blows and kills you, you can't hold my liable.

BTW From what I have seen, most of your better summer tires are going to be "Z" or better.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    Pajeff my wheels are 16". I don't have WS6. Thanks anyway

My bad. Still a nice way to tire shop as you can check all sorts of variations on their site.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My bad. Still a nice way to tire shop as you can check all sorts of variations on their site.
    oh yeah is a good site. i used it before. I just never bought tires from it.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Well after searching around and looking at local places I decided to go buy my tires at Discount Tire. I bought 2 Michelins Pilot Sport A/S. I just wanna try some good tires for a chance. With replacement plan i came to $450 for both tires. It was more than I planned to spend on them. They are 45k tires.

I kinda like the way discount tires work. They didn't pressure me to get any other tire and I initially declined the replacement plan. They didn't pressure me or ask me any questions for the replacement plan. All their tire prices include balancing, new valves, rotation and pro rated road hazard for the life of the tire. I payed $22 dollars extra per tire for the replacement plan after they explained me how it works. If I have a flat or something wrong with the tire they replace the tire with a new one free of charge including the instalation. You can also bring your car and they will add the tires to the replacement plan even if you didn't bought them at discount tire (kinda of nice).

I'll give these tires a try and see if I will keep them in the future or change to BF Goodrich.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Attaboy! You picked my tire! Woo hoo, I feel like I 'won' the contest

I paid a bit less for a set of 4, about $750, that was with the mounting fees and roadhandler insurance and all that, so about $175 per tire. But I think I got them on sale that day...

They're good tires, you'll like em. And yeah, the 45k mile rating is nice, most Z tires are unrated and only last about 30k...

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Attaboy! You picked my tire! Woo hoo, I feel like I 'won' the contest

I paid a bit less for a set of 4, about $750, that was with the mounting fees and roadhandler insurance and all that, so about $175 per tire. But I think I got them on sale that day...

They're good tires, you'll like em. And yeah, the 45k mile rating is nice, most Z tires are unrated and only last about 30k...
    lol you got a good deal. the tire itself is 182 with the basic roadhazard. Of course there is the balancing, disposal fees and valve stems which is $20 per tire. So $202 plus tax. I just added the additional replacement plan because I will pay more than $22 dollars for a tire using road hazard. So I think is not a bad choice. They charge $16 just to install it if I use road hazard only and i still have to pay the prorated rate.

Yeah sounds like they are good. They got a $70 dollar rebate but if I buy 4. The other ones have enough tread left. The guy told me he trade them in but he will only give me $15 per tire... no thanks. This not a video game lol.

I also read that michelins offer 24/7 tire change assistance or towing to 150 miles for 3 yrs for free. That's kinda of nice too.
    Last edited by JayTA98; 03-29-2011 at 01:47 PM.

red
    2000 camaro ss

I agree Nitto NT555s all the way

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

should have bought a set and gotten the $70 rebate deal going on right now...

perosnally, i have the nitto 555's and they are great tires. however, my SS is retired from DD duty...

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

i loved my BFG KDW2s
    grip good, awesome rain tire, and they look badass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information