Can't get straigh answer on size

This is a discussion on Can't get straigh answer on size within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; hey guys. i've been searching around for wheels and tires. first off, i'm an owner of a 2002 pontiac trans ...

Red
    2002 Trans Am ws.6

Can't get straigh answer on size

hey guys. i've been searching around for wheels and tires.

first off, i'm an owner of a 2002 pontiac trans am ws.6 convertible. it's all stock, no susension mods, nothing. what it came with from factory is what i have.

my question to anyone sure is what size tires can i run on my car. I was looking at CCW 19x10 fronts and 19x11 rears, as i have seen around. my concern is i live in pennsylvania, and our roads suck. I don't want to spend thousands of dollars on wheels and tires, and find out cruising one night i'm rubbing my wheel wells from bounces or from my front tire rubbing when i turn.

i realize i can run different side wall series, but i don't want to thin of a sidewall, so i don't damage the rim. i have emailed ccw, forgeline and several others. the only company with a straight answer is forgeline, and they say i can safely run 19x9.5 front and 19x11 rear. everyone else was beating arund the bush, saying there shouldn't be any issues. ccw said "they really didn't have problems with fitting". didn't feel to convinced with that statement.

please give me some honest advice. all i'm sure right now is i don't want rubbing. as far as styles, i'm looking at twin five spoke like 505a. but i don't want any corvette replicas. either polished, or black spokes with polished lips. once i figure out tire size i'll see what my choices are as far as wheels. anything else just lemme know what you need to know, but i think i offered everything i need. i just cannot afford a several thousand dollar mistake.

thanks guys/gals

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

imo, just go 18's and not worry about it. i wouldnt fell comfortable with a sidewall as small as you will have to run with 19's.

Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

I agree. If you have bad roads and you run 19's you have a bigger risk of flats and bending rims. I would go 18 max. I have 17x9 with 275's all around and there is no rubbing at all in my vert. You could do 18x9's no problem.

Red
    2002 Trans Am ws.6

alright i really thank you. at least i don't have to question if i left anything on the table. i'll prolly go with some type of 18, prolly 10.5 in the rear because i love the offset look. and prolly 18 by 9 fronts.

i really like the offset look.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

although some will say that there are differences between a convertible and non-convertible, there is none when it comes to wheels and clearances.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Thread Information