Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

C6Zo6 Rims: Black or Gunmetal on NBM

This is a discussion on C6Zo6 Rims: Black or Gunmetal on NBM within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by tpilews I had these back 7 or 8 years ago on my TA. Loved them. I'm trying ...

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    I had these back 7 or 8 years ago on my TA. Loved them. I'm trying to find them again. They've been discontinued. They are very rare. Any ideas on where to find them?
    groupawheels.com
    is where i was looking at them, don't know anything about the company tho

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    I had these back 7 or 8 years ago on my TA. Loved them. I'm trying to find them again. They've been discontinued. They are very rare. Any ideas on where to find them?
    i've seen a few sets here and there for sale on the 'other' car site. along with a few TA's themselves when the car is listed for sale. if i could find a set, i would pick them up too!

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    also, don't understand the "vette" wheel hate..
    you won't until you fully understand what clean, good, simple, less is more design is all about. maybe its a curse of my profession as an architect. perhaps i should get into wheel design.

look at it this way, vette rims are so over played that even vette owners are ditching them for a better wheel. wake up people!!!

putting vette rims on an f-body is like getting the old, ripped, worn and worthless pair of jeans as a hand-me-down from an older sibling. best thing to do is to toss them and get something better.

im not trying to change anyone opinion of vette rims, rather im stating why i believe they have become the 'crutch' wheel 99% of f-body owners fall back on.

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    you won't until you fully understand what clean, good, simple, less is more design is all about. maybe its a curse of my profession as an architect. perhaps i should get into wheel design.

look at it this way, vette rims are so over played that even vette owners are ditching them for a better wheel. wake up people!!!

putting vette rims on an f-body is like getting the old, ripped, worn and worthless pair of jeans as a hand-me-down from an older sibling. best thing to do is to toss them and get something better.

im not trying to change anyone opinion of vette rims, rather im stating why i believe they have become the 'crutch' wheel 99% of f-body owners fall back on.
    I'd say 49%. the other 50% of said 99 would be TTII's I fit into both categories at one time or another (zr1's & TTII's)

Sent from Mah Space Fone

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

i don't think you could go wrong w/ either color/finish...

also, don't understand the "vette" wheel hate.. the vette wheels are well made, and look classy, unlike much of what is in the "aftermarket" wheel industry...
    I'm with you i don't understand the "vette"wheel hate either,vette wheels are awesome on fbodys,I'm glad a few ppl hate the fact that we love them on our cars,so when they see "vette" wheels on them we will make them more angry & upset....LoL!

Where's the tequila?

Black
    '02 Trans Am WS6

Gunmetal/Cyber Grey.

PEACE....from Zeppelin

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

DEFINITELY gunmetal.

And while I'm not a huge Vette wheel fan, I think the C6 Z's are a good choice, and are a visual upgrade to the car.

There are only so many custom wheel choices that aren't crazy expensive, which is why those on a budget usually end up with Vette wheels. Nothing wrong with that..... unless they're C5 Z's (the ugliest Vette wheel EVER).

Blue
    2002 WS-6

Go CHROME:.......NBM & Chrome...two best colors....

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Black. No lip.

Join the PHK
    2009 LS1.com Calendar Car

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Sommer86@6LE View Post
    Black. No lip.
    Not a fan of the lip? The Lip finishes off the front of the Trans Am. As beautiful as the front of the Trans Am is, it looks a little unfinished. The lip from Wings West finishes it off nice!
    Diablo Sport Predator Performance Tune | TB Bypass | Bilstein HD Shocks | Eibach Pro Kit | UMI SFC | UMI Rear LCA's and brackets | UMI adj PHB, UMI Front/Rear Sway Bars |UMI Strut Tower Brace | SLP Lid | SLP Loud Mouth with quad tips | High output alt

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    I'm with you i don't understand the "vette"wheel hate either,vette wheels are awesome on fbodys,I'm glad a few ppl hate the fact that we love them on our cars,so when they see "vette" wheels on them we will make them more angry & upset....LoL!
    i think SSwt00SS is going to blow a gasket!

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by BDowning View Post
    Go CHROME:.......NBM & Chrome...two best colors....

Click for full size
    wow! that is sweet - very classy looking!

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

lol, if he does it wouldn't be over this thread, it would be over the "post pix of your 'vette rims" thread with pages of vette rims on f-bodies.

I feel for you SSwt00SS if we weren't so passionate about our cars we wouldn’t all be here , at the very least you've made me relook at the other options, but as of yet I have not changed my mind, Money is just too much of a factor with the other options I like.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

these arent even really vette wheels ....they have a different finish, backspacing and offset.....they are "replicas", and for the price i paid for mine, $560 with shipping, bet your ass ill take them over most other wheels...

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    these arent even really vette wheels ....they have a different finish, backspacing and offset.....they are "replicas", and for the price i paid for mine, $560 with shipping, bet your ass ill take them over most other wheels...
    yup, totally agree, I can either get custom aftermarket rims or "replicas"+the tires to go on them and still have $ left over.

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

no, i simply see lemmings following lemmings, resulting in the asthetic death of their car is all. once one does it, the rest apparently absolutely have to follow suit...

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    tomato, tomahto...same difference......

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmX2 View Post
    lol, if he does it wouldn't be over this thread, it would be over the "post pix of your 'vette rims" thread with pages of vette rims on f-bodies.
    i have purposely stayed out of that thread because everyone who has posted rides w/vette rims is a lost cause, not worth the time, and only furthers adds to my case of how boring and over done that style wheel has become.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS
    no, i simply see lemmings following lemmings, resulting in the asthetic death of their car is all. once one does it, the rest apparently absolutely have to follow suit...

hmm... i see your title, ..."vetter rim hater"... do you hate just the rim or the whole wheel? hint: the rim is a "part" of the wheel.. perhaps you're not as much a stickler for terminology as you are "asthetics"?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I like the gunmetal, but chrome would like fine as well. Whichever you like best, just go with that.

Who cares what other people think, just keep it in good taste and in your taste and you'll be happy.

My vette will have ccw 505as because they look better than stock, but my f-body will have vette wheels, because they look better than stock. Why put rims that are worth half the price of the car? I get stopped and complimented every where I go with my vette wheels and I like them. You liking what you have is all that matters. To top it off the price is right.

I personally buy levis. I'm not gonna pay a premium to look special and unique on a pair of designer jeans. If I wanted that, i'd turn goth. If you do that with everything, you'll be out of a lot of money.

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

hmm... i see your title, ..."vetter rim hater"... do you hate just the rim or the whole wheel? hint: the rim is a "part" of the wheel.. perhaps you're not as much a stickler for terminology as you are "asthetics"?
    semantics...

plus there were not enough space to type 'wheel', unless I were to remove 'official'...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information