black
    1979 trans am

c6 corvette wheel...BIG ISSUE

Today while cruising around in my ws6 i hit a pot hole the size of the grand canyon. It was impossible to avoid without going into on coming traffic. I filed a police report and got pictures of the pot hole. My issue is one of my rims bent, and cracked. Now i need to get a new one, i cant buy used because I wont have a legitimate reciept to send to the township to refund the wheel. I have no clue where to find a matching wheel idk if theyre oem c6 wheels or replicas. Here is a picture of one of them, I dont have any pictures of the damaged wheel yet.

my question is, are these oem or replicas? I have seen replicas on several websites for about 200 but im very anal about these matching. Mine have a plastic center cap with the corvette flags on them all the replicas i have seen do not seem to have this cap. I dont want to buy a whole set because money is tight and I need to buy the same type wheel or the township will not refund my money once i fix it.

they are 17x9.5"

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I believe they are replicas as they are narrower and fit your car. The legit rims are too wide for F-bodies. Hit up OEMWheels or eBay for a replacement and send the receipt to the town for reimbursement.

blue
    1999 TransAm

they look OE to me (they are 18" right?)... i have those exact wheels on mine (mine were painted black though..) - the fronts will fit F-body's. ... anyway, i got mine from here - they are "takeoffs" from vette dealers (i'd assume you can buy just one, they may have them in stock)..

http://www.thewheelwarehouse.com/

their customer service sucks quite frankly, ...but they do have a lot of wheels, they can paint/refinish, and i believe can ship anywhere..

Black
    '98 Z28

Take the wheel off and look on the inside of the rim and backside of the spokes. There should be markings by the manufacturer.

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    Take the wheel off and look on the inside of the rim and backside of the spokes. There should be markings by the manufacturer.
    +1 agree

red
    '98 TRANS AM

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the factory C6 rims had the painted flag, where as the replicas just have the engraving, but it is not painted. Of course the painted flag could have been an option, but every C6 I've taken the time to look at had the flag painted
    Last edited by crimson_bird; 07-12-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

they are aftermarket. OEM C6 wheels were 18/19s. Check out OEwheels. They make good wheels for the money and you can take the center cap from the damaged wheel

Thread Information