Results 1 to 20 of 20

Black C6 Z06s or Black & Silver C6 Z06s

This is a discussion on Black C6 Z06s or Black & Silver C6 Z06s within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; I want to get new rims in the future,I have my eyes on the DD or staggered C6 Z06 wheels ...

  1. #1
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Black C6 Z06s or Black & Silver C6 Z06s

    I want to get new rims in the future,I have my eyes on the DD or staggered C6 Z06 wheels preferbly 18.9x5s on the front & 19 inches on the rear,but im torn between two colors,my car is pewter with the full CETA mod do you guys think black with the machined silver lip would look good or the machined silver with the black inserts? I want my car to look aggresive so which wheel dimension should I opt for deep dish or staggered? let me know what you guys think,feel free to post pics if you feel the need,thanx

  2. #2
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    deep dish, but not black, black/w polished lip, or any style vette wheel. they suck, look horrible and are way over done.

    your car can look aggressive without looking hideuous. dont cop out and doing what everyone else has done.

  3. #3
    Member krese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brewerton, New York
    Age
    42
    Posts
    544

    silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    deep dish, but not black, black/w polished lip, or any style vette wheel. they suck, look horrible and are way over done.

    your car can look aggressive without looking hideuous. dont cop out and doing what everyone else has done.
    bah, do what is in your budget and do what ever it is that you like. don't worry about how many people do THIS or how many do THAT. it's not a cop out if you are getting the wheels YOU like!

    IMO anything over 18" wheels look silly on a 4th gen but again, if you want it get it. i would not do machined with lip w/ puter either. either all black or all chrome is the only way to go on puter IMO.

  4. #4
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    deep dish, but not black, black/w polished lip, or any style vette wheel. they suck, look horrible and are way over done.

    your car can look aggressive without looking hideuous. dont cop out and doing what everyone else has done.
    almost 95% of ppl with fbodys have those ulgy torque thrust 2 rims,i hate those rims i think the Vette wheels look awesome on fbodys so how would it look hideous?

  5. #5
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    bah, do what is in your budget and do what ever it is that you like. don't worry about how many people do THIS or how many do THAT. it's not a cop out if you are getting the wheels YOU like!

    IMO anything over 18" wheels look silly on a 4th gen but again, if you want it get it. i would not do machined with lip w/ puter either. either all black or all chrome is the only way to go on puter IMO.
    im going with the maybe black with the chrome or polished aluminum lip C6 Z06 Vette wheels, i dont want chrome,i had all chrome wheels on my car & i took them off, so do you think the 18s in the front & 18.9x5 would look better? and as far as the black goes i was going to do black to compliment the full CETA mod,i defitnely didnt want all black wheels

  6. #6
    HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    `da nati
    Posts
    999

    black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

    not sure if this helps ya,heres an older pic of mine w/ C6 motorsport 18 front 19 in back

  7. #7
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelinchains View Post
    not sure if this helps ya,heres an older pic of mine w/ c6 motorsport 18 front 19 in back Click for full size
    yes those look great

  8. #8
    Member tpilews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    918

    Black
    '98 Z28

    chrome and pewter look great together.


  9. #9
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    chrome on pewter all the way. black is so bland and looks dirty all the time. If it were me I would go with 18s all the way around and deep dish is a must








  10. #10
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    almost 95% of ppl with fbodys have those ulgy torque thrust 2 rims,i hate those rims i think the Vette wheels look awesome on fbodys so how would it look hideous?
    i hate TT2's also. but they are not as over-played as vette wheels on f-bodies.

    if you want black wheels, simply don't wash the ones you have. there, i saved you a few hundred dollars...

  11. #11
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    i hate TT2's also. but they are not as over-played as vette wheels on f-bodies.

    if you want black wheels, simply don't wash the ones you have. there, i saved you a few hundred dollars...

  12. #12
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    i hate TT2's also. but they are not as over-played as vette wheels on f-bodies.

    if you want black wheels, simply don't wash the ones you have. there, i saved you a few hundred dollars...
    black C6 Z06 rims with the polished aluminum lip it is you must be crazy Vette wheels look great on fbodies its funny that you have all these niave remarks but havent posted any pics of your car,i bet you have some rims that dont belong on an a fbody

  13. #13
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    i hate TT2's also. but they are not as over-played as vette wheels on f-bodies.

    if you want black wheels, simply don't wash the ones you have. there, i saved you a few hundred dollars...

  14. #14
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    black C6 Z06 rims with the polished aluminum lip it is you must be crazy Vette wheels look great on fbodies its funny that you have all these niave remarks but havent posted any pics of your car,i bet you have some rims that dont belong on an a fbody
    i will say this. his car is quite nice along with his wheels (boyd coddington smoothies)

  15. #15
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaross View Post
    i will say this. His car is quite nice along with his wheels (boyd coddington smoothies)
    so i guess your're his sidekick or his translator lol! But all boyd wheels are ugly.........i like the vette wheels,like it or not they are going on my car

  16. #16
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    so i guess your're his sidekick or his translator lol! But all boyd wheels are ugly.........i like the vette wheels,like it or not they are going on my car
    im certainly not his translator. what he said is pretty clear without translation. its your car so do as you will. I'm certainly not losing sleep over it. just isn't my taste and is played by everyone.

  17. #17
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaross View Post
    im certainly not his translator. What he said is pretty clear without translation. Its your car so do as you will. I'm certainly not losing sleep over it. Just isn't my taste and is played by everyone.
    u spoke for him like you were his sidekick,my car will look great with the rims i choose i dont care if everyone is putting vette wheels on their fbodys, it looks great to me i see a shitload ofugly rims that belong on ricers that ppl put on fbodys but yall commend and applaud that,but just because i like vette wheels on my t/a its played i like vette wheels bottom line

  18. #18
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    u spoke for him like you were his sidekick,my car will look great with the rims i choose i dont care if everyone is putting vette wheels on their fbodys, it looks great to me i see a shitload ofugly rims that belong on ricers that ppl put on fbodys but yall commend and applaud that,but just because i like vette wheels on my t/a its played i like vette wheels bottom line
    im just informing you his car isnt ugly. i'll let you be the judge. Aftermarket rims? Post pics here!. one thing i dont see is us commending wheels that belong on ricers and not fbodys. everyone has different tastes and that's all it comes down to. I happen to think I have very nice wheels and you may not agree. oh well. im happy with what I have. We are just voicing opinions. youre not building you car for us or visa versa. do what your happy with.

  19. #19
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    so i guess your're his sidekick or his translator lol! But all boyd wheels are ugly.........
    Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    u spoke for him like you were his sidekick...
    hey, im over here.

    no need to go after another member who simply provided a response to your comment before I had the chance. thanks '01CamaroSS......you have blessed this thread with the link you posted!

    also, you asked for opinions. i gave you mine, AND i even suggested an alternative to save you some $$$. it's OK if you dont agreee with me......but no need to get defensive or take an opinion personally, especially when you create a thread and ask for them.

    furthermore, i am without doubt one of the most outspoken people on this site who is against black rims and vette wheels on fbodies. why should i sugarcoat something that looks bad, let alone support the fad/movement?

    i was really hoping my comments would challenge you to find a set of wheels, dare you to be different, and not settle like the masses. it appears that is not the case...its ok to fall back on comfort food.



    if you are happy with them, thats all that matter. so enjoy your new rims!

  20. #20
    Junior Member 92z28camarokid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    St. Joseph, MO/Camdenton, MO
    Posts
    56

    Atomic Orange
    1992 Camaro Z28

    Kids these days...SMH

    I dont know why everyone gets all upset over this crap. It's just someones opinion, if you dont like it forget it and move on. No need to start drama like a little high school girl.

    No offense directed at anyone, just saying that y'all need to chill.

    Now back to the topic...
    Personally I am a fan of the blacked out c6 z06 wheels. I am actually thinkin on getting a set for my car and putting a color matched pinstripe around it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ZR1s or c5 z06s
    By mr_r0bert0 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 08:59 AM
  2. ZR1s or c5 z06s
    By mr_r0bert0 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 08:19 PM
  3. Any C5 Z06s With Sts Turbo?
    By schrysler in forum Corvette
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 02:20 PM
  4. Need pics of Red TA/Firebird with black Z06s
    By 95firehawk in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 05:05 PM
  5. Gunmetal Z06s on WS6
    By smokeyburnouts in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-31-2005, 01:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •