Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Best tires for the money

This is a discussion on Best tires for the money within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Sumihomo's are by far the WORST tire I have ever tried on my car. They are cheap....VERY cheap....for a reason. ...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Sumihomo's are by far the WORST tire I have ever tried on my car.
    They are cheap....VERY cheap....for a reason.

I am really happy with my BFG KDW's (1st gen) for the fronts. I am yet to find a legit street tire that hooks my car in 3rd gear from a 4500RPM punch, so I run Nitto DR's as my street tires on the rear. Wear isn't bad....from a drag radial. 12-15K miles since I don't race on them. Normally replaced every 3 years.

Heard good things about General UHP's (if I recall that is the name of them) for our cars.
    Personally, I would go with the BFG KD's on the rear if I had to run a street tire. VERY happy with the KDW's up front.

I tried Kumho Ecsta MX's a few years ago. I was VERY happy with them, but they wore like a drag radial.
    Hooked decent for what they were....very aggressive tread pattern as well...

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Hancook's

I'm running Hancook's HRII on mine and no hydroplaning and will handle 155mph no problem they hook pretty good at the track but are not amazing better than my old Fuzion's I hear great things about the Rinken Raptors and they are very cheap like $100 a piece. My buddies run Falken's ziex 902's I think and they swear by them ride, wear, handling and no hydroplaning.

As for the Hancooks I find they follow wheel tracks" swell's in the road by big rigs driving on our highway's" but I hear that it's because we have wide tires the Falken boys are telling me there's are not doing that.

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

There

Quote Originally Posted by garcia2002 View Post
    Falken ziex 512. 129 each with a 55,000 mile warranty!!which is insane for low pro tires
    here's the tread design
    Click for full size

That's what all my buddies are running on there Corvette's and they love them. Here they are $1400 for 4 installed and balance so I went with Hancooks at $900 but not sure about them they are ok better than Fuzions they are all season so they will last but just good not great

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information