Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone know about REPLICA wheels???

This is a discussion on Anyone know about REPLICA wheels??? within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED No problem man. It kind of hard to explain. The 10-11 inch wheels have a good ...

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    No problem man. It kind of hard to explain. The 10-11 inch wheels have a good sized lip on them and the 9" has a decent lip but not huge. Good luck-I think they will look great on your ta
    I have decided to go 17x9 with 275-40's on all four corners (just like you did). The only problem is that they are on back order from American Racing right now. It could take 6 to 8 weeks to get them and by that time the car will be put away for the winter. Oh well. At least I will have them all ready to go for the spring! I'll post some pics once I get them on the car. Thanks again for all your help!! I hope the surgery went well man!!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Cool! Yeah I wanted the bigger wheels/tires in the rear just for looks but then you cant rotate your tires and might even have to modify the wheel well with a hammer/grinder etc. I am happy with the 17x9's with 275/40/17 Nittos on there. When your tires/wheels come in you are gonna smile when you see how wide 275s are. They are plenty wide enough IMO. They are HUGE! Where did you wind up ordering them from? What brand tires did you wind up buying? I dont know if I mentioned it(and I am sure you allready know this) but make sure you get them balanced with the sticky weights on the back side of the wheels-not the lead ones. I think they are gonna look so awsome on your TA. I just ordered Baer rotors and Hawk ceramic pads for my car for function and looks(when you look through the spokes in my wheels you can see my rusty rotors)-the new rotors are nickle plated and wont rust(they are drilled/slotted too)-figured why not since I needed them anyways. You are probably gonna want to do the same on your car-or paint your rotors. Maybe you can work on that untill your wheels and tires get there. Post pics when you get em on. Thanks for the kind words as well-later-Mike

Black
    2002 Trans Am

I was tired of trying to figure out if the 10.5's would fit out back without rubbing. Some people said they did not have any problems and others said they did. My car is basically a showcar with 5k on it. I only drive it in nice weather and store it away for the winter. There was no way I was going to BFH it, grind down the bump stops or roll the fender lips...so I felt that 17x9 was the best way to go. I ordered the wheels and Firestone Wide Ovals (kept it old school) from Tire Rack. I really liked the sales rep I dealt with. Very knowledgeable and friendly. They will have sticky weights also. I am sure your brake calipers and rotors will look sick through the spokes. I probably won't go the route for awhile since I only have 5k on it...maybe down the road though!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I bet those Firestones are gonna look great on there. Yeah I bought my car about a year ago with 67,000 and the rotors have some groves in them and the pads are at about 40% so I figured I would get it over with. I also am putting Bilstein shocks on it while my mechanic is at it. I just bought new headlights also. After all that is on I am gettin her painted-then I will be done for a while. Yeah down the road I am sure you will want new rotors because with the TTMs you can see the rust on the OEM rotors-BUT-it sounds like yours probably dont have any rust yet. LOL 5K miles is so awsome. Must be a beautiful car.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Breakneck your car's lookin great. Nice choice on the 17x9s, Nittos too.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Thanks man-I appreciate that.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

BREAKxNECKxSPEED, Do you need to use Hub-Centric rings to center the TTM's to avoid vibration? Tire Rack said that the center hole on the TTM's is just a little bigger than the stock WS6 wheels, so a centering ring would not be needed. The guy I spoke to at Tire Rack seemed to know his stuff, but just figured to double check with you to see if you had them or not.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

No-I never heard of that. I dont have them and I have no problems. Your car has the exact same bolt pattern as mine so you dont need anything like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information