Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Talking Anyone know about REPLICA wheels???

I am thinking about buying some replica wheels called BULLET. They look awsome and look just like the american racing TT2s. Has anyone bought any wheels from REPLICA wheels. I am curious if the chrome finish is good or does it chip off etc. Any info wwould be great. I know some of you guys are running replica vette wheels. Thanks mike

Navy Blue Metallic
    99 Formula M6

I have C6 replica's in chrome, and the finish is great. I have had them on there for about a year now w/o any problems.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

if the're the replica wheels from complete wheel source they should be pretty good, ive got the Zo6 wheels on my car and i love them. Ive put close to 6000 miles on the wheels with no chrome problems. The only thing is that I think those bullet wheels are replica wheels from a Mustang, so.....

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Well I wound up going with American Racing Torq Thrust M wheels in 17x9 all the way around in chrome finish. They look really awsome to me and they were only $100 more than the replica wheels. Now I need to figure out what size tires to go with.Ok I am gettin 275/40/17 nitto 555 tires.
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 02-16-2007 at 07:36 PM.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    Well I wound up going with American Racing Torq Thrust M wheels in 17x9 all the way around in chrome finish. They look really awsome to me and they were only $100 more than the replica wheels. Now I need to figure out what size tires to go with.Ok I am gettin 275/40/17 nitto 555 tires.
    Do you have any more pics of your car with the ttm's? What backspacing did you go with? Any tire rubbing with them? I am considering them for my 02 Trans am with stock suspension. Thanks.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I went with 17x9 TTMs. I put 275/40/17 on all 4 wheels. No issues at all. I am extremely happy with my choice. The chrome TTMs are a breeze to clean and look awsome. I actually like them better then TT2s. I have stock suspension as well.

Here is the TTM

Here is the TT2

Here is my car with TTMs

Hope this helps I think they would look awsome on your TA

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

NICE! I love those wheels, they totally make the car.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Yea I agree check out a pic of my car with the stockers

Black
    2002 Trans Am

I went with 17x9 TTMs. I put 275/40/17 on all 4 wheels. No issues at all. I am extremely happy with my choice. The chrome TTMs are a breeze to clean and look awsome. I actually like them better then TT2s. I have stock suspension as well.

Here is the TTM
    Click for full size
    Here is the TT2
    Click for full size

Here is my car with TTMs
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

Hope this helps I think they would look awsome on your TA
    Those are nice pics. Your car looks great! I just have a few more questions about the wheels. What offset are they? I looked on American Racing's and Tire Rack's websites and both only mention 45mm offset for 17x9 (not sure if they come in other offsets). Do you know what the backspacing is? How wide is the rim lip from the edge to where it meets the spokes? I also like your tires...are they BFG KDW's? Where did you buy the wheels from? I am sorry for asking a lot of questions, but after seeing your car with those wheels, I am really interested in picking up a set for my black t/a. I really appreciate the information and the pics you have provided to me so far! Thanks!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

No problem bud. I am sorry man but its been like 6 months so I forgot the backspacing. I ordered my wheels from TOMZ WHEELZ. Here is the link:
    http://tomzwheels.com/catalog/index.php
    Even if the site doesnt show the wheels/sizes you want they probably have them or can get them-so call them. They ship fast too. They will tell you exactly what offset you need. They sell alot of wheels to f body guys. I also got my tires from them. They came all mounted and ready to go with sticy weights not those fked up lead weights. The tires are NITTO 555 extreme performance 275/40/17(around $699)-My wheels were right around $900 because they had a special deal for ls1.com members but I am not sure if they are sponsors here anymore. Look on LS1tech if they arent a sponsor here they probably are there. Let me know if u need anything else.O also-get the Gorilla lug nuts w/locks for $30 bucks they are well worth it.O- and thanks for the compliments on my car.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

No problem bud. I am sorry man but its been like 6 months so I forgot the backspacing. I ordered my wheels from TOMZ WHEELZ. Here is the link:
    http://tomzwheels.com/catalog/index.php
    Even if the site doesnt show the wheels/sizes you want they probably have them or can get them-so call them. They ship fast too. They will tell you exactly what offset you need. They sell alot of wheels to f body guys. I also got my tires from them. They came all mounted and ready to go with sticy weights not those fked up lead weights. The tires are NITTO 555 extreme performance 275/40/17(around $699)-My wheels were right around $900 because they had a special deal for ls1.com members but I am not sure if they are sponsors here anymore. Look on LS1tech if they arent a sponsor here they probably are there. Let me know if u need anything else.O also-get the Gorilla lug nuts w/locks for $30 bucks they are well worth it.O- and thanks for the compliments on my car.
    I will contact Tomz and see what they suggest. They seem to be a good place to buy from according to other posts. If I get the wheels, I want to see if a Cragar S/S centercap will fit them. I have seen pictures of Bullet Rims with Cragar centers and it looked great. With the TTM's being very similiar, maybe the centers will fit on them? If they don't it's not that big of a deal because the stock TTM centers look nice too. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Thanks again for the help!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

No problem. Yeah I have the TTM center caps and they look good IMO. They say "special edition american racing". I guess the cragars say "ss" ? not certain. Those wheels are gonna look good on your TA. Make sure to post some pics!

Black
    2002 Trans Am

No problem. Yeah I have the TTM center caps and they look good IMO. They say "special edition american racing". I guess the cragars say "ss" ? not certain. Those wheels are gonna look good on your TA. Make sure to post some pics!
    I really can't go wrong with either cap. I am a huge Cragar fan and would go with that centercap if I could, but I won't be depressed if I can't. The A/R Special Edition is sharp looking and I would be happy with that also. I will definitely post some pics once I get them!

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by potziac02 View Post
    I really can't go wrong with either cap. I am a huge Cragar fan and would go with that centercap if I could, but I won't be depressed if I can't. The A/R Special Edition is sharp looking and I would be happy with that also. I will definitely post some pics once I get them!
    BREAKxNECKxSPEED....hey it's me again! I had another question about your wheels. Could you get the measurement your wheel lip for me (outer edge to where it meets the spokes)? I read in another posting that you are having back problems, so if you can't get me that information I totally understand. I hope you are feeling better, because I know back issues are serious injuries. Thanks.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I will try to get that for ya in the next couple days. I dont have my car here-its in my parents garage now because some mother f--er shot it with a bb gun and blew out my tail light and put holes in the rear panel from bbs. I have only got in 1 dispute in the past 7 years -so I have a good idea who did it. I just cant prove it. Only a real pu--y would fk with a mans car. And thanks for the kind words about my back-I had surgery but it failed so I need another one now but I am scared because I am worse now then before the first surgery. I guess I could be in a wheel chair or dead so I try to stay positive. Thanks

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Sorry to hear about you car getting messed up. Damaging someones car is a real gutless thing to do. I can't stand people like that. As for the wheel information, just get it when ever you can. If you can't get over there soon no worries. Again, I am sorry to hear about your back issues. My father also had neck/back surgery where vertebrae was fused and he also had more pain afterwards. Neck and back injuries are really difficult to resolve. Hopefully, the second operation for you works out better.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Thanks man -I appreciate that. I am looking at fusion surgery next. These wheels 17x9s dont have but about a half inch lip. Now I believe the 17x10s or 11s have a 1 inch or bigger lip. Check out this picture: I think these are the 17x10s or 11s
    . I just looked at mine and guessed for now(being a ex carpenter of 11 years I can read a tape measure and estimate really well) I will have someone put the tape on them asap. But my wheels have about half the lip that the above picture has. (mine are 17x9s and the pic is 17x10s so that makes sense.
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 08-29-2007 at 07:02 PM.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

This might help you better- The spokes attach to the lip like this shape here--------> ( I measured to here ------> ( which was a 1/2 inch and the other measurement is to the part of the spoke that is further in-which makes a bigger lip. Here is a picture I drew on in RED:

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Thanks for getting the measurements for the lips! That's the info I was looking for. Hopefully, I will be able to make my final decision soon. I will keep you informed of any updates. Thanks again!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

No problem man. It kind of hard to explain. The 10-11 inch wheels have a good sized lip on them and the 9" has a decent lip but not huge. Good luck-I think they will look great on your ta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information