Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Any pictures of your "BFH" modded wheel wells??

This is a discussion on Any pictures of your "BFH" modded wheel wells?? within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; whats the point of BFH mod?im a noob.....

  1. #21
    Member F-my-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Midlothian Virginia
    Posts
    271

    Black
    2002 Z28

    whats the point of BFH mod?im a noob..

  2. #22
    Wait.........WHAT??!! LoneGunman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    146

    Hugger Orange
    '99 Camaro Z28

    To make room for wider wheels and tires

  3. #23
    Senior Member Carlos01SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cypress, CA.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,388

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    exactly, you "massage" the inner fender wells to prevent your extra-wide tires from rubbing, hence BFH or Big Fucking Hammer mod.

  4. #24
    Member Baluchitherium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    46
    Posts
    319
    It has a big wing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS View Post
    exactly, you "massage" the inner fender wells to prevent your extra-wide tires from rubbing, hence BFH or Big Fucking Hammer mod.
    shhhhhh... potty mouth.

    I thought it was "Big Fantastic Hammer"!

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Athens AL
    Posts
    29

    Navy Blue
    1998 Formula Firebird

    http://www.ezaccessory.com/5_x_4_1_2...hick_p/602.htm

    these work fine with stock studs, and are much much easier that the bfh mod I ran 315 bfg drag radials on 17x9 c5 wheels with them. They worked great, and they also help with the sunk in look of stock spaced wheels, but dont put them out too far either.

  6. #26
    Junior Member mboodrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    54

    Black
    2001 Trans Am

    Carlos, that Avatar freaks me out...nice. Good advice on the fender roll. I wish I would have seen that before I put my tires on. Had some pretty good shredding on my right rear due to the fender.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Carlos01SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cypress, CA.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,388

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by mboodrx View Post
    Carlos, that Avatar freaks me out...nice. Good advice on the fender roll. I wish I would have seen that before I put my tires on. Had some pretty good shredding on my right rear due to the fender.

    I still haven't fixed mine cuz I want to do it right, you know, take it to a body shop and have them do it as opposed to me doing a half-assed job.

    But I will eventually.

  8. #28
    "The Snake Skinner" Smokaholik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    199

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

    i jus bought some AR rebels 18x9.5 & 18x10 today. the rears have 305 Nitto drags so im probably defiantly going to have to do the BFH mod it sounds like. but i like the look of them out farther and the fact that i dont have to BFH mod my car but i drive her pretty hard would those adaptors be safe? and i'd like throw some strano springs on her is that possible just more BFH i guess?

  9. #29
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Ive always wondered what part of the fender you guys were talking about beating up.....good to know, lol

  10. #30
    Member BirdCountry02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    29
    Posts
    676

    Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

    Did you guys remove the bump stop? All I know is it's damn close, and even though i've felt the tire and it hasn't hurt it, I don't really wanna risk it

  11. #31
    Senior Member Carlos01SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cypress, CA.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,388

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdCountry02 View Post
    Did you guys remove the bump stop? All I know is it's damn close, and even though i've felt the tire and it hasn't hurt it, I don't really wanna risk it

    I had to, the stamped metal that the bumpstop bolts onto would have been scraping the inside of my wheel.

    I need to get someone to fabricate new bumpstops but I haven't gotten around to it.

  12. #32
    Member BirdCountry02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    29
    Posts
    676

    Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS View Post
    I had to, the stamped metal that the bumpstop bolts onto would have been scraping the inside of my wheel.

    I need to get someone to fabricate new bumpstops but I haven't gotten around to it.
    I'm not familiar with it, but what are the bump stops there for? I'm probably gonna have to remove them, I could probably get away with keepin em on, but i'd rather be safe then sorry and not screw up my tires because I was too lazy to remove them

  13. #33
    Senior Member Carlos01SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cypress, CA.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,388

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdCountry02 View Post
    I'm not familiar with it, but what are the bump stops there for? I'm probably gonna have to remove them, I could probably get away with keepin em on, but i'd rather be safe then sorry and not screw up my tires because I was too lazy to remove them

    Actually they are VERY important.
    Bumpstops prevent the axle from traveling too high and BANGING against the bottom of our bodies, thereby also preventing the shocks from compressing too much and basically blowing out/breaking the shocks.

    Now, if you got stiff springs and stiff shocks, then bottoming out that hard or intense will not be too likely unless you hit a severe dip @50mph and if you do that then you could end up fucking up your shocks, NOT a favorable result.

    Bumpstops are VERY important.

    And yeah, I GOT to get new bumpstop brackets fabricted.

  14. #34
    Member joedude02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Goose Creek, SC
    Age
    36
    Posts
    349

    Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS View Post
    I still haven't fixed mine cuz I want to do it right, you know, take it to a body shop and have them do it as opposed to me doing a half-assed job.

    But I will eventually.
    it only cost me 75 bucks or so to have mine cut and rolled. the shop did a great job! gotta save up for the mini-tub now......

  15. #35
    Member BirdCountry02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    29
    Posts
    676

    Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS View Post
    Actually they are VERY important.
    Bumpstops prevent the axle from traveling too high and BANGING against the bottom of our bodies, thereby also preventing the shocks from compressing too much and basically blowing out/breaking the shocks.

    Now, if you got stiff springs and stiff shocks, then bottoming out that hard or intense will not be too likely unless you hit a severe dip @50mph and if you do that then you could end up fucking up your shocks, NOT a favorable result.

    Bumpstops are VERY important.

    And yeah, I GOT to get new bumpstop brackets fabricted.
    See, I bought this car to start learning and working on it myself. I'm glad as hell I didn't remove those then. I can deal with them being close to the wheels. Thanks for the info man

  16. #36
    Senior Member Carlos01SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cypress, CA.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,388

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    No problem.

  17. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    brunswick, ohio
    Posts
    15

    maple red metallic
    2000 trans am

    have a 18x10.5 im a lil afraid to beat my fenderwells up.
    wheels have no tires though

  18. #38
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    That rim should be fine...,just keep your tires in the 285/295 range and you'll be alright....I've heard people fitting 305, but tires vary, and that may require some fitting
    LS6 intake, Pacesetters, TSP rumbler !EGR, !AIR, 295/35 BFG KDW II's, UMI Adj LCAs. Tick Master Cylinder, LS7 Clutch and flywheel, Pro 5.0, Lous short stick, Frost Tune.

  19. #39
    Member 28Marcos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SATX
    Age
    34
    Posts
    375

    Pewter
    99 Z/28

    aww man i wish i would have seen this thread earlier, not even an hour ago i just finished double checking my work. just put 335's on, would have taken pics.
    but yea what i learned is that fitment for all cars will be different, i had to grind and hammer out more in the wheel well on the passenger side than the drivers side. I also have some issues with the tire rubbing the lcrs so aftermarket ones are on the way. i'll take pics when i install the lcrs/relocation brackets when they come in

  20. #40
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by 28Marcos View Post
    aww man i wish i would have seen this thread earlier, not even an hour ago i just finished double checking my work. just put 335's on, would have taken pics.
    but yea what i learned is that fitment for all cars will be different, i had to grind and hammer out more in the wheel well on the passenger side than the drivers side. I also have some issues with the tire rubbing the lcrs so aftermarket ones are on the way. i'll take pics when i install the lcrs/relocation brackets when they come in
    Wow now that's some tire!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted: 98-02 OEM 16" wheel "ABS" black background center caps
    By JayTA98 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 01:40 PM
  2. Question: Wheel Help! 17" Rear and 16" Front"
    By camaroluvr447 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-16-2010, 10:02 PM
  3. killed a modded charger srt-8. "Video"
    By Musclefan21 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 10:44 PM
  4. Got a weekend? "modded civic" 0-70
    By got-a-ls1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 08:40 PM
  5. Mean Streets "Hooters Meet" Car Show Austin 2006 Pictures
    By ruthlessimage in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-27-2006, 11:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •