Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Any pictures of your "BFH" modded wheel wells??

This is a discussion on Any pictures of your "BFH" modded wheel wells?? within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; whats the point of BFH mod?im a noob.....

Black
    2002 Z28

whats the point of BFH mod?im a noob..

Wait.........WHAT??!! LoneGunman's Avatar

Hugger Orange
    '99 Camaro Z28

To make room for wider wheels and tires

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

exactly, you "massage" the inner fender wells to prevent your extra-wide tires from rubbing, hence BFH or Big Fucking Hammer mod.

It has a big wing!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS View Post
    exactly, you "massage" the inner fender wells to prevent your extra-wide tires from rubbing, hence BFH or Big Fucking Hammer mod.
    shhhhhh... potty mouth.

I thought it was "Big Fantastic Hammer"!

Navy Blue
    1998 Formula Firebird

http://www.ezaccessory.com/5_x_4_1_2...hick_p/602.htm

these work fine with stock studs, and are much much easier that the bfh mod I ran 315 bfg drag radials on 17x9 c5 wheels with them. They worked great, and they also help with the sunk in look of stock spaced wheels, but dont put them out too far either.

Black
    2001 Trans Am

Carlos, that Avatar freaks me out...nice. Good advice on the fender roll. I wish I would have seen that before I put my tires on. Had some pretty good shredding on my right rear due to the fender.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by mboodrx View Post
    Carlos, that Avatar freaks me out...nice. Good advice on the fender roll. I wish I would have seen that before I put my tires on. Had some pretty good shredding on my right rear due to the fender.

I still haven't fixed mine cuz I want to do it right, you know, take it to a body shop and have them do it as opposed to me doing a half-assed job.

But I will eventually.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

i jus bought some AR rebels 18x9.5 & 18x10 today. the rears have 305 Nitto drags so im probably defiantly going to have to do the BFH mod it sounds like. but i like the look of them out farther and the fact that i dont have to BFH mod my car but i drive her pretty hard would those adaptors be safe? and i'd like throw some strano springs on her is that possible just more BFH i guess?

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Ive always wondered what part of the fender you guys were talking about beating up.....good to know, lol

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Did you guys remove the bump stop? All I know is it's damn close, and even though i've felt the tire and it hasn't hurt it, I don't really wanna risk it

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BirdCountry02 View Post
    Did you guys remove the bump stop? All I know is it's damn close, and even though i've felt the tire and it hasn't hurt it, I don't really wanna risk it

I had to, the stamped metal that the bumpstop bolts onto would have been scraping the inside of my wheel.

I need to get someone to fabricate new bumpstops but I haven't gotten around to it.

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

I had to, the stamped metal that the bumpstop bolts onto would have been scraping the inside of my wheel.

I need to get someone to fabricate new bumpstops but I haven't gotten around to it.
    I'm not familiar with it, but what are the bump stops there for? I'm probably gonna have to remove them, I could probably get away with keepin em on, but i'd rather be safe then sorry and not screw up my tires because I was too lazy to remove them

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BirdCountry02 View Post
    I'm not familiar with it, but what are the bump stops there for? I'm probably gonna have to remove them, I could probably get away with keepin em on, but i'd rather be safe then sorry and not screw up my tires because I was too lazy to remove them

Actually they are VERY important.
    Bumpstops prevent the axle from traveling too high and BANGING against the bottom of our bodies, thereby also preventing the shocks from compressing too much and basically blowing out/breaking the shocks.

Now, if you got stiff springs and stiff shocks, then bottoming out that hard or intense will not be too likely unless you hit a severe dip @50mph and if you do that then you could end up fucking up your shocks, NOT a favorable result.

Bumpstops are VERY important.

And yeah, I GOT to get new bumpstop brackets fabricted.

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

I still haven't fixed mine cuz I want to do it right, you know, take it to a body shop and have them do it as opposed to me doing a half-assed job.

But I will eventually.
    it only cost me 75 bucks or so to have mine cut and rolled. the shop did a great job! gotta save up for the mini-tub now......

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Actually they are VERY important.
    Bumpstops prevent the axle from traveling too high and BANGING against the bottom of our bodies, thereby also preventing the shocks from compressing too much and basically blowing out/breaking the shocks.

Now, if you got stiff springs and stiff shocks, then bottoming out that hard or intense will not be too likely unless you hit a severe dip @50mph and if you do that then you could end up fucking up your shocks, NOT a favorable result.

Bumpstops are VERY important.

And yeah, I GOT to get new bumpstop brackets fabricted.
    See, I bought this car to start learning and working on it myself. I'm glad as hell I didn't remove those then. I can deal with them being close to the wheels. Thanks for the info man

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

No problem.

maple red metallic
    2000 trans am

have a 18x10.5 im a lil afraid to beat my fenderwells up.
    wheels have no tires though

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

That rim should be fine...,just keep your tires in the 285/295 range and you'll be alright....I've heard people fitting 305, but tires vary, and that may require some fitting
    LS6 intake, Pacesetters, TSP rumbler !EGR, !AIR, 295/35 BFG KDW II's, UMI Adj LCAs. Tick Master Cylinder, LS7 Clutch and flywheel, Pro 5.0, Lous short stick, Frost Tune.

Pewter
    99 Z/28

aww man i wish i would have seen this thread earlier, not even an hour ago i just finished double checking my work. just put 335's on, would have taken pics.
    but yea what i learned is that fitment for all cars will be different, i had to grind and hammer out more in the wheel well on the passenger side than the drivers side. I also have some issues with the tire rubbing the lcrs so aftermarket ones are on the way. i'll take pics when i install the lcrs/relocation brackets when they come in

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 28Marcos View Post
    aww man i wish i would have seen this thread earlier, not even an hour ago i just finished double checking my work. just put 335's on, would have taken pics.
    but yea what i learned is that fitment for all cars will be different, i had to grind and hammer out more in the wheel well on the passenger side than the drivers side. I also have some issues with the tire rubbing the lcrs so aftermarket ones are on the way. i'll take pics when i install the lcrs/relocation brackets when they come in
    Wow now that's some tire!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information