Results 1 to 16 of 16

9.5 or 9

This is a discussion on 9.5 or 9 within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; im looking to get a set of zr1's one set is 17x9 the other is 17x9.5 my question is the ...

  1. #1
    Member Ieatstangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bay Area :(
    Posts
    225

    blue
    99z28 a4

    9.5 or 9

    im looking to get a set of zr1's one set is 17x9 the other is 17x9.5
    my question is the 9.5 going to be any better ?

  2. #2
    Member Ls1_385hp_T/A's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nor-Cal
    Posts
    543

    Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Ieatstangs View Post
    im looking to get a set of zr1's one set is 17x9 the other is 17x9.5
    my question is the 9.5 going to be any better ?
    They look better and probably get you better traction idk

  3. #3
    Member Ieatstangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bay Area :(
    Posts
    225

    blue
    99z28 a4

    Quote Originally Posted by Ls1_385hp_T/A View Post
    They look better and probably get you better traction idk
    Ok thanks

  4. #4
    Military Muscle :usa: MYSCZ06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Columbia,SC
    Age
    44
    Posts
    511

    Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

    I ran 17x10 all four corners with 295's was about to go up to 305 but sold the car

  5. #5
    Member Ls1_385hp_T/A's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nor-Cal
    Posts
    543

    Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

    wider tires make the car look good from the back...im running 19x10 rear. The wider the better
    Last edited by Ls1_385hp_T/A; 09-27-2009 at 12:24 PM.

  6. #6
    Member Ieatstangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bay Area :(
    Posts
    225

    blue
    99z28 a4

    Quote Originally Posted by Ls1_385hp_T/A View Post
    wider tires make the car look good from the back...im running 19x10 rear
    Yea I agree but is there going 2 be a noticable difference between the 2

  7. #7
    Member Ls1_385hp_T/A's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nor-Cal
    Posts
    543

    Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Ieatstangs View Post
    Yea I agree but is there going 2 be a noticable difference between the 2
    True but you get more meat on yours

  8. #8
    Member Ieatstangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bay Area :(
    Posts
    225

    blue
    99z28 a4

    Quote Originally Posted by Ls1_385hp_T/A View Post
    True but you get more meat on yours
    I dnt kno
    I have 9's on my car now I think the widest I can put is 285 or 295 I really want 305 or 315s I guess ill just save up for a set of 10s or 11s but I think id like the chrome over the oe that I have now

  9. #9
    Member Blue28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ca.
    Posts
    769

    Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

    The widest recommended size on a 17 x 9" wheel is a 275/40/17.
    On a 9.5 it's a 285.

  10. #10
    Member Ieatstangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bay Area :(
    Posts
    225

    blue
    99z28 a4

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue28 View Post
    The widest recommended size on a 17 x 9" wheel is a 275/40/17.
    On a 9.5 it's a 285.

    Ok that's good 2 know thank you

  11. #11
    Member Sweet Chops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Manitowoc, WI
    Age
    35
    Posts
    763

    Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Ieatstangs View Post
    I dnt kno
    I have 9's on my car now I think the widest I can put is 285 or 295 I really want 305 or 315s I guess ill just save up for a set of 10s or 11s but I think id like the chrome over the oe that I have now
    If you have the stock rims on your car. It looks like it from the pic you have. Stock Z28nrims are 16x8. not 16x9.

  12. #12
    Member Sweet Chops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Manitowoc, WI
    Age
    35
    Posts
    763

    Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

    This is a 18x9 rim with a 275 tire. If you care. If I would of had the choice I would of went with a 10" wide tire in the back.

  13. #13
    Member Ieatstangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bay Area :(
    Posts
    225

    blue
    99z28 a4

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Chops View Post
    If you have the stock rims on your car. It looks like it from the pic you have. Stock Z28nrims are 16x8. not 16x9.
    Lol no I dnt have stock rims I have zr1's that are oe gray its a old pic

    They are from a camaro and they arw 17x9

  14. #14
    Member Ieatstangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bay Area :(
    Posts
    225

    blue
    99z28 a4

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Chops View Post
    This is a 18x9 rim with a 275 tire. If you care. If I would of had the choice I would of went with a 10" wide tire in the back.
    Click for full size



    Those are very nice wheels I agree but if I had a choice id take those over zr1 17x9

    Im going 2 look around for a set of 10s but its rare to find them these days for a decent price

  15. #15
    USMC Y2K_CAMARO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rocky Point, NC
    Posts
    1,399

    Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

    PM sent about ZR1's for sale

  16. #16
    Member Ls1_385hp_T/A's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nor-Cal
    Posts
    543

    Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

    Holy shit, i went to look for a picture of the set of rims i had. I paid $300 for them with semi-new tires at a flea market and they're worth $4k!!! Well anyways theres whats on my car.

    http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...dept%5Fid=1419

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •