Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

315's on a 9.5

This is a discussion on 315's on a 9.5 within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by yyun Not to justify anything or anyone, but I have a friend who has 315's mounted on ...

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by yyun View Post
    Not to justify anything or anyone, but I have a friend who has 315's mounted on the stock 17x9.0 10 spoke SS wheels and has had no problems whatsoever, to include uneven tire wear. Even looking at it myself, there was no appearance that the tires looked bulged, or overstreched in any way. They actually looked pretty normal and decent.
    tires must be made in indonesia, just like the shirt i bought, size is marked but it sure doesnt fit like it.

2000 Camaro B4C

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    tires must be made in indonesia, just like the shirt i bought, size is marked but it sure doesnt fit like it.
    hahaha 315's on a 9in is damn near impossible, and deff cant be safe

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    FYI the tires are Sumitomo HTR-Z. Not quite Indonesia.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Z28boy2000 View Post
    hahaha 315's on a 9in is damn near impossible, and deff cant be safe
    Definitely not impossible as it has been done many times before. Safe? I'll keep you posted.

2000 Camaro B4C

Haha yeah the safe part seems pretty important

Black
    2000 Pontiac Formula

Quote Originally Posted by yyun View Post
    FYI the tires are Sumitomo HTR-Z. Not quite Indonesia.
    Wow, that one must have really gone over your head. But, you running 315s really shows why it went over your head.

2000 Camaro B4C

Ouchhh hahah

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Z28 View Post
    Wow, that one must have really gone over your head. But, you running 315s really shows why it went over your head.
    If you have paid attention and read my previous post, you will have known that I am not the one running 315's. Before making an idiotic comment next time, learn to read, pay attention to what's going on, and take the time to think over your decision to either make a stupid comment or to just keep quiet. As far as the Indonesia thing, I saw humor in that post and replied appropriately in the same joking manner. However, for someone who can't seem to pay attention and jumps to conclusions, I would think that this sort of action is normal. But, hey, no hard feelings. Let this be a learning experience for you.
    Last edited by yyun; 08-16-2009 at 09:20 AM.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

my 2000ss came with nitto 555r (315/35/17) on the rears when i bought it. the only issue i had when they were on the 9" factory wheel was the rear passenger side either had a leak (more than likely) or not a good seal at the bead, as i was always having to add air into every 3-4wks. i went to the same wheel in aftermarket 17x9.5" running the same tire with no issues. (wheels were the chrome 5-star zr1 style)...

im now running 17x10 wheels with the same brand/size tire as above with no issues either.

other brand 315's would definately be a no go since the nitto 555r's run narrower than other brand 315's. i believe those brands to be and pose much more of a safety issue than the nitto...

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

These are my 315's on my 9.5 inch wheel...

Blacker Than Black
    99 maroSS

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Z28boy2000 View Post
    my buddy told me that today he talked to a guy who was running 315's on his 9.5 rim...just wondering if that is actually safe to be doing. that tire seems to be way to big to fit on the rim
    Have 315/35/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3's on Boyd's JUNK YARD DOG 9.5" wheels no issues what so ever.
    The only thing i can tell you is that you can only get away with mounting Eagle F1 GS D3's tires on 9.5" wheels with no issues. IMPO

Why is that you say??...... Because they have the wides footprint of all 315's on the market today.
    Last edited by dirtehsouth; 08-18-2009 at 12:58 AM.
    I'm like a sore cawk...... I can't BE BEAT!!!!!

Black & Silver
    2000 WS6 & 2003 Z06

Do it right the first time. Why would you just stop being a cheap ass bastard and buy a larger rim? Wow some people buy nice cars and then try to trim the edges for everything... pathetic. There is a reason why the manufacturer gives sizes for tires because that is what they spent millions of dollars on testing them. I will jus stick with what the manufacturer says an not die when my tire blows out on the freeway. You'll see, keep drivin on them...

NBM
    2001 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    the nitto 555r's 315s for some weird reason fit ..but they are the only tire i have ever seen and herd fit on a 9.5 rim
    Yea the nitto drag radials seem to be a bit more narrow than other tires. I have 315's on my 9.5 rims. I drive the car daily, have had them on for a year with no problems. Before I had the 315's, I had 275's and compared the 275 nitto to my 275 kumho and it was a bit skinnier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information